Ten Billion Names of God

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mysticvirgo

Ten Billion Names of God

Post by mysticvirgo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:00 pm

“Road-weary, overwhelmed by the magnitude of the difficulties we face during our brief days, we are tempted to despair or to settle for cheap optimism. But in the deep place of the spirit, we are moved and called forth to undertake this ongoing adventure by the yearning, restless and creative One who – though called by the ten thousand names of God – is still clothed in marvelous silence.” – Sam Keen: Hymns To An Unknown God

mysticvirgo

The Infinity of Divinity

Post by mysticvirgo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:02 pm

I think that the three major western religions are operating under a misinterpritation of the concept of monotheism.  Monotheism is the belief of ONE divine being; One God.  This concept, having been born in Judaic based western religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam), has been interpreted as the Western ideal of "GOD" being the ONLY acceptible divine concept at the expense of all others.   The concept of "One True God" is far to narrow in focus and scope to truely encompass the enormity of "GOD/The Divine".  

I think that GOD,being infinite in space and time is also infinite in conceptualization.  What I mean by "Infinite in Conceptualization" is this,  Picture, if you will, an infintly huge, infinitly faceted crystaline gem.  Each facet represents the "godview" of each and every sentient being in all of existance capable of having "spirituality". Even Atheists, agnostincs, Scientologists, each and every concept of "God" is represented.

Facets blink in and out as we gain a spritual opinion and blink out when we cease to be. Each and every facet is equally valid, none is more or less correct than the other.   There are beings that can only comprehend and see just their facet, That do not , cannot , will not acknowledge the existance of any facet other than thier own. There are the enlightend who are blessed with the ability to accept, comprehend and glance at more facets than just thier own. But there cannot and not be any otherthan GOD who can understand the entirety that I call the Infinity of the Divine.

sunmystic

Re: The Infinity of Divinity

Post by sunmystic » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:10 pm

mysticvirgo wrote:I think that the three major western religions are operating under a misinterpritation of the concept of monotheism.  Monotheism is the belief of ONE divine being; One God.  This concept, having been born in Judaic based western religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam), has been interpreted as the Western ideal of "GOD" being the ONLY acceptible divine concept at the expense of all others.   The concept of "One True God" is far to narrow in focus and scope to truely encompass the enormity of "GOD/The Divine".  

I think that GOD,being infinite in space and time is also infinite in conceptualization.  What I mean by "Infinite in Conceptualization" is this,  Picture, if you will, an infintly huge, infinitly faceted crystaline gem.  Each facet represents the "godview" of each and every sentient being in all of existance capable of having "spirituality". Even Atheists, agnostincs, Scientologists, each and every concept of "God" is represented.

Facets blink in and out as we gain a spritual opinion and blink out when we cease to be. Each and every facet is equally valid, none is more or less correct than the other.   There are beings that can only comprehend and see just their facet, That do not , cannot , will not acknowledge the existance of any facet other than thier own. There are the enlightend who are blessed with the ability to accept, comprehend and glance at more facets than just thier own. But there cannot and not be any otherthan GOD who can understand the entirety that I call the Infinity of the Divine.
Humm? :)

The Divine is actually not quite so infinite :) It is just really really big :) .

And the Divine can be understood, it is just that one can not put this understanding into words because there are no words, words are too limiting (to dimensional). And for the most part, it is sort of like trying to teach advanced Astrophysics math to kindergardeners. They go, "ya right :) ." and go back to finger painting!

?

Love you! :)

sunmystic

mysticvirgo

Post by mysticvirgo » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:45 am

sunmystic wrote:
mysticvirgo wrote:I think that the three major western religions are operating under a misinterpritation of the concept of monotheism.  Monotheism is the belief of ONE divine being; One God.  This concept, having been born in Judaic based western religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam), has been interpreted as the Western ideal of "GOD" being the ONLY acceptible divine concept at the expense of all others.   The concept of "One True God" is far to narrow in focus and scope to truely encompass the enormity of "GOD/The Divine".  

The Divine is actually not quite so infinite :) It is just really really big :) .

And the Divine can be understood, it is just that one can not put this understanding into words because there are no words, words are too limiting (to dimensional). And for the most part, it is sort of like trying to teach advanced Astrophysics math to kindergardeners. They go, "ya right :) ." and go back to finger painting!

?

sunmystic
Sorry Sunmystice, I was busy eating paste :smt005

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:54 pm

Perhaps it is not the one-God concept that is at fault, so much as the definitions (and there are many) this one deity.  Wars are faught over my God is better than your God, when in reality, there is only one God.  

There are just so many facets and faces of that one God.  There is something to suit every seeker.
God bless, J

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:23 pm

mysticvirgo wrote:
sunmystic wrote:

?

sunmystic
Sorry Sunmystice, I was busy eating paste :smt005
Mystic you are funny :) ! And :) truthfully you just can beat a good jar of paste!

love you,

sunmystic

Lax29

Post by Lax29 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:59 am

It does not matter what you call, its all about your belief

Return to “Philosophy”