Amazed by the consciousness

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Alchemyst

Amazed by the consciousness

Post by Alchemyst » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:34 am

This is more of a psychology question, but since there isn't such a category I decided to post it here. At least psychology in the past was a branch of philosophy :)

Anyway, when subconsciousness was discovered psychologists wandered about the nature and reality of it. They were amazed how in this conscious life there was an aspect of our psyche that is unconscious. Recently most of them agree that in our waking life we live and act far more subconsciously rather than consciously. So isn't it more correct if we amaze how on earth the consciousness has arose, rather than to be amazed by the subconsciousness?

By that way of reasoning we can imply phenomenal conclusions. At least I do!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:16 pm

I think in understanding consciousness we have to look at its many levels.  Consciously we tend to think we are making decisions every moment of our lives with regard to the mundane to the sublime.  But do not all those ideas rise out of our subconscious where our experiences are stored?
God bless, J

PixieWitch

Post by PixieWitch » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:39 am

I know our subconscious drives us to perform actions consciously, though sometimes we have no clue why we do those things.

Lax29

Post by Lax29 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:44 am

I know one thing that consciously do things that are sub-conscious

Return to “Philosophy”