BUDDHIST WISDOM

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

BUDDHIST WISDOM

Post by Pravin Kumar » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Don't forget to bring the good experiences of meditation into your daily activities. Instead of acting and reacting impulsively and following your thoughts and feelings here and there, watch your mind carefully, be aware, and try to deal skillfully with problems as they arise. If you can do this each day, your meditation will have been successful.

- Kathleen McDonald, "How to Meditate"

May all be free from sorrow, and the causes of sorrow, May all never be separated from the sacred happiness which is sorrowless.

- Buddhist prayer

Monks, I say there is no wicked deed that may not be committed by...the human being who has transgressed in one thing. What one thing? I mean, the intentional uttering of a falsehood.

- Itivuttaka

There is no pleasure without some degree of pain. There is no pain without some amount of pleasure.

- Bhante Henepola Gunaratana, "Mindfulness in Plain English"

More Buddhism Quotes >>

The right attitude for studying the way is just complete spontaneous acquiescence. Who cares whether it takes twenty or thirty years; you'll be naturally at peace, without the slightest bit of doubt or confusion. How can there be any obstruction again after spontaneous acquiescence? How can anyone arrive by way of externals?

- Ming-pen

May I likewise attain the cutting-off of Craving and clinging. Whatever faults I have until I attain Liberation, May they quickly perish. Wherever I Am born, may there be An upright mind, mindfulness Wisdom, austerity and vigor. May harmful influences not weaken my Efforts. The Buddha is the unexcelled Protector, the Dharma is the Supreme protection, Peerless is the Silent Buddha, the Sangha is my true refuge. By the power of these Supreme Ones, May I rise above all ignorance.

- from Reflections on Sharing Blessings
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Philosophy”