somewhere between heaven and earth.

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

who is responsible for all the negativity, evil and bad in the world?

god?
No votes
devil or devils?
No votes
mankind?
67%
non-personal forces?
No votes
politicians?
No votes
men?
No votes
women?
No votes
organized religions?
No votes
cults and strange people bent on world conquest?
No votes
other? got one I havent mentioned? tell us about it! you might be right after all.
33%

Total votes: 6

Lorina

somewhere between heaven and earth.

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:45 pm

what do you think it means to worship the light that never dies?
or on the opposite side of the question, what does it mean to be vexed by the darkness that never goes away? maybe you are happy with said darkness.
that doesnt make you evil it just means you are visiting that dark night of the soul. In my estimation it is a very nescessary part of finding the light inside of yourself and others.
and I honor the divinity in all of you.
the path to hell is paved with good intentions.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:08 pm

Me...as in ME......for every negative action or thought it must start some place.....and that some place is in ME......If "YOU or I" manage to spread positivity....then maybe "ME" will be influenced by it....and see that it gives me Energies which bring happiness and growth.

IF "I" on the other hand develop my Ego, so nothing else then my own power, or feelings count....then I might grow in the Negative Energy by consuming other....by becoming a vulture that only have one need....to satisfy myself.

Evil and good action is something that is in all living souls, but it is most developed in Mankind because we also have GREED..the ability to collect..we are able to kill for fun.....we are able to destroy families in the name of PRIDE....where maybe just 1 conversation might have saved it all...

A Belief in any Religion, if sound(it is the belief that must be sound) gives values....the stronger the belief become...the more injustice it might be able to do...because then the belief override our own "soul", and we become blindfolded from it, and ruled by our Religious Leaders, and their comprehension of the doctrine.....mixed with their own agenda....which has lead to many a cruel act, in the past, in the present...and will surly do so also in the future.

Evil and Good (Lucifer and God)must both exist...you can't define one if you don't have the other....as with everything else...I, as person is responsible for my Development....there is none that is born(even if the infant is the closed you can come to one without sin) direct pure....or direct evil.....but by cultivate one of the sides, we might end up as a Mother Theresa or a Hitler......most end up as Normal Humans........and that I am happy for :)

Evard

Post by Evard » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:52 pm

That's genius Rhuto . .

I accept respect all race value and am eccentric defiant .

Thanks ,. honestly happy proper holiday.  Rhutobello . . .

AM aste~ (respect the Divine with relation and generation)

Evard

spiritalk

Good and Evil

Post by spiritalk » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have an entity or group thereof to pin all the evils of the world upon?  Really?  I don't think so!

We need to be taking personal responsibility for our own lives.  

That is the only person you can change/fix/elevate after all.  Socrates said it best:  Know thyself.  And as you fix your own life, you will be amazed at how much it changes the environment in which you live and thereby your whole world.

God bless, J
God bless, J

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:14 pm

okay, agreed! but that classifies as other.
it is a poll after all.
the path to hell is paved with good intentions.

Lax29

Post by Lax29 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:38 am

All unsatisfied people

Return to “Philosophy”