to be or not to be?

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

which do you prefer?

believing in your self?
29%
attending a recognized christian church of any denomination?
No votes
going to an official temple? like buddhist's and hindu pantheon ect...
No votes
muslim or islamic?
No votes
christian mystic? believes in christ but does not make it a practice to attend church.
No votes
nature worshippers? includes druids, wiccans, witches and all of you who enjoy worshipping the gods sky clad.
No votes
the devil or some other dark menacing entity? this is dark mysticism and dangerous to anyone involved. I have a great respect for anyone with this much nerve! like I have asking such close personal questions!
No votes
scientific mysticism? sorcerers,magi, ritual magicians and numerologists.
No votes
judiaism?
No votes
all of the above?
14%
none of the above?
14%
truth seeker? is all of the above and none of the above.
43%

Total votes: 7

Lorina

to be or not to be?

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:27 pm

alright folks answer me this.
which do you prefer believing your own way or being involved in an organized religion of any stripe.
this is a poll so vote even if you choose undecided, all of the above or other okay. this is an anonymous poll you dont have to explain anything! just vote!
the path to hell is paved with good intentions.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Do you really believe that a lifetime of examination of philosophy and creating your own to live by can be summed up in some brief statements?  I think that you miss the point.  To be able to question and examine what your philosophy is and yet maintaining your balance in life would equal all the growth in the world.  You must be open minded enough to live and learn.
God bless, J

Zetascair20086

Post by Zetascair20086 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:59 am

I think we should believe in ourselves.

Lax29

Post by Lax29 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:39 am

believing in yourself

Return to “Philosophy”