BUDDHIST WISDOM

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

BUDDHIST WISDOM

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:19 am

One day as I was meditating, I saw a rusty gutter, and I suddenly felt sad and sorry that it was going bad and rusty. I experienced that life was impermanent. I learned Dharma from that gutter.

- Mae Chi Boonliang, "Women's Buddhism, Buddhism's Wom

Guard against anger erupting in body; in body, be restrained. Having abandoned bodily misconduct, live conducting yourself well in body. Guard against anger erupting in speech; in speech, be restrained. Having abandoned verbal misconduct, live conducting yourself well in speech.

- Dhammapada 17, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.

Those who regard non-essence as essence and see essence as non-, don't get to the essence, ranging about in wrong resolves. But those who know essence as essence, and non-essence as non-, get to the essence, ranging about in right resolves.

- Dhammapada 11-12, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

Before enlightenment, I chopped wood and carried water. After enlightenment, I chopped wood and carried water.

- Zen saying

Mindfullness is never boring

We should always live in the dark empty sky. The sky is always the sky. Even though clouds and lightning come, the sky is not disturbed. Even if the flashing of enlightenment comes, our practice forgets all about it. Then it is ready for another enlightenment.

- Shunryu Suzuki, "Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind"
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Philosophy”