The Legacy That we Leave Behind

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

The Legacy That we Leave Behind

Post by Pravin Kumar » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:01 am

THE LEGACY THAT WE LEAVE BEHIND:

BY JOSE SILVA

During my 82 years on this planet, I've learned that the only thing that's permanent in life is the legacy that you leave.

The radios that I learned to repair as a teenager are now antiques that are nice to look at but have no practical value today. When is the last time you saw a vacuum tube?

I've travelled all over the world presenting the Silva Method. I've seen the ancient ruins in Rome that were once part of the greatest empire the world has ever known. They remind me of a story I once heard about a ruler who presided over a great city.

Archaeologists found the ruins of this city that had once been so great, and among the ruins they found a portion of the base of a statue.

The statue had been of the great ruler. All that was left was part of the inscription, which read: Here lies Ozymandeus, King of Kings. Look on these works, ye mighty, and despair.

The irony was that he had intended that they could never create anything so great as he had, but in reality, he demonstrated that nothing is so great that it will last forever.

Except the legacy that you leave.

YOUR LEGACY

Everybody leaves a legacy:

* World leaders who must carefully watch every word that they utter have an obvious impact on the world.

* Every child that is born produces a powerful effect on the parents and grandparents and perhaps many others. If you've ever had a child, or a grandchild, or even a great grandchild as I have, then you know that this changes you.

* You never know what small action of yours might bring about a big change. The psychiatrist in the Army induction centre probably never even remembered that he suggested that I read The History of Psychiatry, but that one bit of guidance started me on the path that led to the Silva Method, which has now helped millions of people throughout the world.

WHAT WILL YOU LEAVE?

Sometimes a tiny kindness has a ripple effect that grows as it goes forward, until it makes a huge difference.

Sometimes a mean gesture also has a ripple effect that winds up hurting many people.

You never know, at the time, what the effect will be.

Think about some of the people in your life: people who gave you a word of encouragement that you still remember; people who were indifferent, or even cruel. They might not even remember it.

But you remember it. And perhaps it influences your life:

* You pass on the kind gesture to others, who in turn pass on that gesture.

* Your hurt and resentment cause you to say or do things you don't really mean, and people learn from your example.

Long after we are all gone, long after the great cities of today have crumbled, long after our modern technology is rendered obsolete, long after our greatest leaders are just names that students read in history books, your legacy will still live.

It will live in the lives of people who follow us. The things that you do spread out, and give you a type of immortality.

SUPERIOR HUMAN BEING

Here is a formula that I included in the Silva Method that will help insure that you leave a positive legacy:

You will continue to strive to take part in constructive and creative activities to make this a better world to live in, so that when we move on, we shall have left behind a better world for those who follow.

You will consider the whole of humanity, depending on their ages, as fathers or mothers, brothers or sisters, sons or daughters.

You are a superior human being; you have greater understanding, compassion, and patience with others.

What kind of legacy do you want to leave?

Someone once suggested that you do ever act as if it would be your last. How do you want to be remembered?

Go to level. Think about your life at the alpha level, the ideal level to think on. Plan what you are going to do with your life, so as to leave a legacy that you can be proud of.

AUTHOR: JOSE SILVA
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

Return to “Philosophy”