Man Lives in the Body as a Prisoner

The word "Philosophy" is derived from the Ancient Greek - philosophía (compounded from phílos: friend, or lover and sophía: wisdom). To quote from WikiPedia, "Philosophy is the discipline concerned with the questions of what is the right way to live (ethics), what sorts of things ultimately exist and what are their essential natures (metaphysics), what is to count as genuine knowledge (epistemology), and what are the correct principles of reasoning (logic).

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

Man Lives in the Body as a Prisoner

Post by Pravin Kumar » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:18 am

Whether a man is born in India or America, he someday has to die. Why not learn how to "die daily" in God.

Yoga teaches the method. Man lives in the body as a prisoner, when his term is over, he suffers the indignity of being thrown out. Love of the body is therefore nothing more than love of Jail. Long accustomed to living in the body, we have forgotten what real freedom. It is vital to every man that he discover his soul and know is immortal nature. Yoga shows the way.

-----Paramahansa Yogananda

http://namadwaar.org/home.php
For detailed palm reading and spiritual guidance Consult at: pravinjsoni97@hotmail.com

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:55 pm

The body is more like a tool than a prison.  We experience many opportunities, challenges and the measure of our growth is in how well we handle these opportunities for our soul.  The lessons of life are for the soul to individualize.  Once individualized, the soul recognizes its connection to everything and every one.
God bless, J

Two Wolves

Even more than just a tool

Post by Two Wolves » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:45 pm

Most of the time when you mention the unknown, people shy away in a skeptical wisp. Though if you are a believer, you understand things in a much more self supportive attitude. Chakra healing, color therapy, meditation, acupuncture, acupressure, etc. are all ways of self healing. I studied under Grand Sir Mark Pinkham for "The Seven Rays of Healing". I practice most, but the most beneficial for I have practiced comes from my native background called "Sundance". Although the old way is to be hanged, in which i'll explain. "Sundance" is about fasting, dancing, and communicating with the elder and spirits gone by. In chance, you have a good ceremony, you can have questions answered (or reflected upon) of your path ahead. This is the Ceremony:
The first day out of 5, but only 4 of which is the actual ceremony, you gather, you feast, you meet, you greet. The following 4 days you fast. You eat nothing, you drink nothing, unless you have to obviously have water the Chief will provide. For 4 days you dance around the fire. You pray to the Creator. You release your soul of negative energy. The experience is far greater than anyone who hasn't participated in this, to explain in detail what you go threw. Believe me, do not attempt this alone. In an un cleansed area (sage). You always would need someone near, for safety precautions and basically, don't try this without experience and research on what you may find in yourself, in spirit, and in body because you will know when the performed Ceremony is effective.
This is a good reference llink:
http://www.native-americans-online.com/ ... dance.html

wa do,
TW
Two Wolves

firefly43210

Post by firefly43210 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:32 pm

body is like an  exoskeleton  . but you may be trapped in  it . living long in  the exoskeleton  makes you forget the reality . also you lose your memory when  you are born  ,  ie, come back from astral world .
Dorosith Volmaya

Return to “Philosophy”