What it means?

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Southern_Sky

What it means?

Post by Southern_Sky » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:10 am

I am not familiar with symbols but I need help with this one. I am trying to make a career move within my law enforcement job either to applyfor a traffic officer possition or move to the sherift department. I sat down on my recliner to meditate and I asked my higher self the question about the outlook of career move and the first thing popped into my mind was an American bold eagle, screaming with his pick while open. I snapped out of my meditation I couldn't concentrate any more into my meditation because of this picture of the eagle. The question is what it means? Ok it's an USA national bird, big and beautiful, flys real high and make a nest real high and I believe is a predator, but what does this have to do with career move, help me out here, please!!!!  

Any input will be appreciated, Thanks

Liz

richardredhawk

Eagle

Post by richardredhawk » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:26 am

The Eagle to my people stands for Spirit as well as Healing and Creation. The Eagle seeks out truth, your true emotional aspects, basically a vision has occured and (many have done vision quest few succeed as you have done)
Eagle has shown you what it is you have been seeking sometimes the boldness of the vision is needed to shock you into seeing what they have been showing you.
We often look so hard for the answer all we can see is the forest and not the tree.
Eagle is to overcome obstacles and challenges that are presented to us in our lives, to have Eagle, or Hawk visit in meditation is of great honor as they help you in seeking and seeing your quest.

Graceofthespirits

The Eagle

Post by Graceofthespirits » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:30 pm

The eagle represents freedom. Living as he does on the tops of lofty mountains, amid the solitary grandeur of Nature, he has unlimited freedom, whether with strong pinions he sweeps into the valleys below, or upward into the boundless spaces beyond
It is said the eagle was used as a national emblem because, at one of the first battles of the Revolution (which occurred early in the morning) the noise of the struggle awoke the sleeping eagles on the heights and they flew from their nests and circled about over the heads of the fighting men, all the while giving vent to their raucous cries. "They are shrieking for Freedom," said the patriots.
  Thus the eagle, full of the boundless spirit of freedom, living above the valleys, strong and powerful in his might, has become the national emblem of a country that offers freedom in word and thought and an opportunity for a full and free expansion into the boundless space of the future.
--Maude M. Grant

This is one mans discription, of the Eagle, and how he came about.
my opinion is, strigeth, honest, streight forward, no holes bared.

kelle

Post by kelle » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:38 pm

does anyone know what a male and female bald eagles soaring together mean? a very good friend and i (we) seen this beautiful sight.,we are both struggling with past loves /relationships? is this a sign for us ?

Return to “Symbols”