Ned Help

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mikeghoul

Any further info?

Post by mikeghoul » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:22 am

I found this medallion in a second hand shop in South Jersey. I can only say that it drew me to it. I would really like to find out more. My initial impression was that it was an angel amulet for protection. I see others have similar opinion. Any help?

soapykitties

New here but joined for answers

Post by soapykitties » Tue May 24, 2011 12:18 am

I was searching my medallion today and I don't know why.  I have had it since I was 18 and am now 39.  A friend gave it to me and said it was for protection but he never said what kind.  I never asked, I just wore it.  I have had it in my jewelry box for many years and took it out last night to wear.  Can anyone help me with it?

Scroll down to see the other side of the medallion.  Sorry, I'm not very good with the whole picture thing.
Attachments
1medallion.JPG
1medallion.JPG (99.03 KiB) Viewed 3922 times
2medallion.JPG
2medallion.JPG (98.15 KiB) Viewed 3922 times

OwlLasers

Post by OwlLasers » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:59 pm

I know I'm late to the party here, but I was translating the inscription on my talisman, and my search brought me here. I got a talisman with this same inscription at the following website:

Moonlight Mysteries
http://www.moonlightmysteries.com/Talis ... =salesrank

The latin on the front seems to translate to "And the glory of his house may be divided in the justice of the world," according to Google Translate. Evidently, it's a talisman for honor and riches with the seal of Solomon, though without knowing precisely what the symbols are, it's difficult for me to qualify that.

Laria

Pendant

Post by Laria » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:12 pm

I have had the exact same pendant for approximately 16 years, I was told as well it is a protection amulet, I do know the words are latin and the front translates to
Wealth and riches are in his house;

And his righteousness endures for ever and ever.

will see if I can find out more, hope it helps :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:43 am

Amulets were certainly much more popular in history, particularly Pagan practices.  Be very sure of the translation before you wear it
as things like amulets can retain the energies of their own history.  Check out what Psychometry tells us.
God bless, J

Return to “Symbols”