Ned Help

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

silverwytch

Ned Help

Post by silverwytch » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:30 am

THE FRONT SIDE
The very top of this has "XX" then "Gloria et devise en domo ejus et Tuositia ejus en seculum" on it (as best as I can tell). Under magnification it appears to have been hand engraved

THE BACK SIDE
In the center is "Alpha et Omega." Then in the quartered areas are "Agla, Adonay, Eloym" and some other word that I can't make out. Around the perimeter is "Aericus, Squincus" and a few others. Their are several other words and some very strange symbols as well
Attachments
Front Side.JPG
Front Side.JPG (6.93 KiB) Viewed 19298 times
Back Side.jpg
Back Side.jpg (36.54 KiB) Viewed 19298 times

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:36 am

I will investigate later today, i need to go to work just now, it looks very interesting and somewhat familiar.

Leave it with me.

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:00 am

I had a quick look because your amulet bothered me.

Most of the symbols on your amulet belong to the book the key of solomon or the The Grimoire of Honorius.

My memory tells me Agla, Adonay, Eloym are angels or fallen angels and they are used in magik rites (they are called upon when purifying items needed for a sacred rite).

I believe what you have is a wee talisman, inscribed by someone who practiced magik.  I can't say if its dark magik or not because i can't remember, perhaps someone else will fill you in during the day.

Hope this is of some use.

Suzi
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

silverwytch

Post by silverwytch » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:10 am

Thanks Suzi

A.Occultus

Post by A.Occultus » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:57 pm

The Back side is a Magic Circle which can be used as a protection symbol. Is one kind of circle used in Evocations.

Look the image.
Attachments
circle.gif
circle.gif (14.43 KiB) Viewed 19236 times
"In Nomine Patris et Sacrvm Tetragramma, Amen"

A.Occultus

Post by A.Occultus » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:02 pm

Ahn...the front side is a Seal, but i don't remember from where it is(book, grimoire, ...) and for what it is used.But i think which it's for protection too.

PS: Sorry for my english.
"In Nomine Patris et Sacrvm Tetragramma, Amen"

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:04 pm

I thought it was a representation of the angels being trapped to provide their protection for the wearer.

adam smith

Post by adam smith » Fri May 11, 2007 4:17 pm

to clear this pendent of dark power place in bowl of salt water and in the sun and after a day of this have bless by you or some who see that it will kept you safe
adam smith

justfornow

picked this up yesterday....

Post by justfornow » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:05 pm

i bought this same exact pendant yesterday at a flea market type of table in the mall, where basically people pawned all of their things and are selling old antique jewelry and stuff. i found this and thought it was interesting and picked it up.

silverwytch, did you happen to sell this pendant? maybe in the whereabouts of Pennsylvania? because i bought it in Bethlehem, PA. i had no idea what it was and was determined to find out, and i ended up on this page after much googling of trying to read the words on it.

it might sound a little funny, but im kind of afraid to wear it now. there probably is no reason to be scared, but im just cautious. what do you think?

rickeymo

your symbols

Post by rickeymo » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:25 am

the item you have has to do with the Wicca faith,and the images come from the sixth and seventh books of Moses. what the symbols mean to me may not have the same meaning for you.
Carrying the medallion or wearing it around your neck brings protection and control over certain spiritual entities if you've called them up to do your bidding. Examine the books and check out Carl Jungs book symbolism and individuation to get the answer you're looking for ,until next time"namaste" the god in me recognizes the god in you.
"

Silvaglo

Post by Silvaglo » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:45 pm

I copied your amulet to my pc and enlarged it and cleaned it up the best I could. There are 72 names for God and the ones you have mentioned are part of the 72 names as well as Omega & Tetragrammaton. I also noticed possible ArchAngels listed. Raphael, Uriel, etc. I believe the symbol on the back is: ArchAngel/spirit/demon/planet, I'm still trying to figure that out but I believe this is a protection Amulet. :)
Hugz & BB,

Silvaglo

Silvaglo

Post by Silvaglo » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:50 am

Check out this site and scroll down the page to the amulet, it looks very similar to yours. :)

http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/heptamer.htm
Hugz & BB,

Silvaglo

brian_beatty

Small World

Post by brian_beatty » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:16 pm

My mother passed away on November 1 and I found this amulet in her belongings.  Not sure if I want to wear it or not as I am a Christian in faith.  I have no idea where my mother got it.  The only necklace she ever wore was a cross.  I thought this item looked strange so I found some information here.  I live in Ohio.  Anybody have more information on this, please reply.

butterfly38

help with pendant meaning

Post by butterfly38 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi could you help me i was drawn to buy this in a local charity shop and i have no idea what it says it says around the edge of the circular pendant EL+ELOYM+ELOHE+ZEBZDIN+ELOYM+LAH+TEGRAMMALLION and has a number square and a circle with a cross through it at the top of the xon the circle it says SADAY and on the left it says SEGELIG and there are lots of other symbols could you tell me what it means love and lightxx

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:27 pm

i would say that the words  or references to names of God/spirits of God

example  : Found inscribed in an unknown medallion, Eloym (Elohim) AGLA (meaning Atah Gibor Leyolam Adonay) and Adonay are all names for God.

i would say that there in the language of Latin    the number square  could very well be the(square of saturn ) but could be a number of different symbols

this link such help in finding which square it is       http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_square

Return to “Symbols”