Have You got a Pagan Tattoo???

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ladyblackrose_13

Have You got a Pagan Tattoo???

Post by ladyblackrose_13 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:53 pm

M.M. Everyone;

I just finished posting a reply to a questions here about the Triquetra.
So, this got me thinking??   How many of you have a Pagan Symbol/s Tattoo
on your body??  
 Now? What is the symbol/s?>Where is the tattoo/s?>But, more importantly
why that Pagan Symbol???
So, as you can see;pondering minds want to know???   :smt003

I'll tell you all about mine in my next post. LOL
Blessed Be Ladyblackrose13@~

abvyette

Post by abvyette » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:56 pm

I spent many years wanting a tattoo and not knowing what sort of symbol I would ever want engraved on my skin FOREVER...As a pagan preistess I had plenty of choices but none of them seemed right. Until I experienced a significant event which involved a very particular energy form and indicated to me that I had finally (after many years of study) ventured out of the realm of the novice. Due to that experience I now have a mystic conjunction of the waning crescent of the Crone and the eight pointed morning star of Venus on my right shoulder.

I have heard that tattoos are like potato chips and nobody can have just one...I have considered many designs over the years to add to my solitary skin picture...However, I have not again been moved to actually imprint any other images but the one that I have.

ladyblackrose_13

RE:Have You got a Pagan Tattoo???

Post by ladyblackrose_13 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:35 pm

M.M.Abvyette;

I like your choice of tat's.  Is the Waning Cresent of the Crone,to represent your stage in life,now??  I got two of the simplest Pagan Symbols going.
I got the Pentacle on my left sholder,in honor of the Triple Goddess;then i got the Triquetra on my right shoulder,which is the side of a Witch's hand that brings things into you.
 You should always wait for the special feeling to get just the right tattoo;that you're going to love for the rest of your life.
"Thank You" for your reply,look forward to hearing more from you.
Blessed Be Ladyblackrose13@~

Bastet

Post by Bastet » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:31 am

I have a few tattoos, and they are all based on my beliefs.
My back is an Egyptian theme. I have two winged spinxes on thetop half of my back either side and in the middle, The eye of RA.
In the center of my back is the Egyptian Goddess Bast.
On my left arm are my totems, the Bat and Cat.
My next tattoo will be on my Right arm, and it will be The rainbow serpent, and the southern cross constellation.
So i'm into Egyptian Mythology, Shamanism, and i'm an Australian!  :smt003
People who dont like cats were most likely mice in a former life.

mysticalravenwind

my pagan tattoo

Post by mysticalravenwind » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:19 pm

It took me till i was near 30 before i got my pagan tattoo..... It was designed by my then boyfriend who introduced me to the mystical world of magick...Its a half a moon half a sun. and the morning star of venus ever so small but still there as.This is hwo he explained mankind to me. As a couple we learned that it our equal but opposite energy to create a oneness with in ourselves. The little white star of the star woman of independance...
Amor...Lux...Vertias...sic utur ad ASTRA...

Rev_Vesta

My tatt......

Post by Rev_Vesta » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:25 am

On my lower back I have a Broom with a yellow ribbon tied around it..... very personal in being a Witch, the broom represnts for me freedom, being able to travel my individual path with success (yellow respresenting success so used ribbon colour magick) I would also like to include The Roman Goddess Vesta Fire Goddess of the Hearth thinking of a Goddess covered by a veil surrounded by fire  crossing through the broom and then next something representing water sign (Love Dolphins)  ( Me being pisces)... but would like to have something also representing Earth (maybe several crystals together) and a feather (Hawk-Spirit Messenger) representing Air then atlast a Pentagram  Crossing through everything with  the Circle surrounding it (Making it a Pentacle) all quite small on my lower part of my back....(Just waiting for my money to come through from my ex......)   All designed in my head just ahve to get it on paper with the artist.......lol
Attachments
Jul17_74.JPG
My Tatt for you to see....
Jul17_74.JPG (37.54 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
Love and Light,
Namaste
Rev_Vesta........

LivingDeadGirl

my wierd tattoo

Post by LivingDeadGirl » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:00 pm

I was eager to get the tattoo for like 15 yrs...but there was no pic or symbol that looked right for me to get it done on my skin 4ever.
Finally,there came a point in my life when some things have happened that helped me define one continuous part of my soul and helped me realize what were the symbols that followed me through all my life.
So,Ive created my own tattoo and put it between the shoulders (where the roots of the wings should be).
And that symbol keeps confusing people till this day.I guess it is because it represents few things at the same time :tribal flame,teardrop,two dolphins cathched in play,numbers 5,6 and 9...and interpretation depends only on people who are looking at it.
Im satisfied.And now Im waiting for another moment and another creation-to make memento on my skin.
Attachments
10-my tattoo-nidzina slika.jpg
10-my tattoo-nidzina slika.jpg (8.1 KiB) Viewed 6671 times

Lachesis

Post by Lachesis » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:33 pm

I have three tattoos, each from a very specific stage in my life and each represents something, though they may not necessarily be "pagan."

My first tattoo I got was a Lotus blossom. I had lived through a divorce, another messy breakup after that, and the deaths of two family members. It was a symbol of my own survival through rough times.

My second tattoo, which may be the closest to a pagan symbol, is a Celtic earth knot. I was at a point in my life when I finally felt grounded, like my soul was finally standing on solid ground.

The third tattoo I got after my son was born. It's a drawing of a family pendant showing two adults and two children. I wanted something to represent my family and originally thought of zodiac symbols, but we all have different ones!! So I opted for something that was all encompassing.

Like a PP said, tattoos are like potato chips, you can't just have one! I'm sure I'll have other life changing events that will probably mean more tattoos!

ravenspagan

pagan tattos

Post by ravenspagan » Sun May 04, 2008 6:38 am

I have 4 pagan tattos and one for my hubby. I have a saguaro cactus on my leg in honor of my first vision quest where a cactus interacted with me and i have the goddess symbol, infinitie, and the god in that order on my left arm. my daughter has 11 and all are considered pagan but one. tattos are like potato chips once the inks in the blood you can't have just one.
yes i am a witch

foxydivinelady

TATTOOS

Post by foxydivinelady » Sun May 11, 2008 5:17 pm

I have the eye of Horus in the traditional Egyptian green :)

Rising_Sun

Post by Rising_Sun » Mon May 12, 2008 6:54 pm

I have a little spider on my right wrist

I have the wiccan symbol of fire, a pentagram representing all the elements and the human being, a crescent/full/waning moon symbol representing the goddess, a little dragon inside the full moon and the latin phrase " velut inter ignis luna minor" that means "like a small moon between fires". all of them on my right arm

ravenuriel

Post by ravenuriel » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:25 am

Hey all
I have the symbol Ohm tatted on the back of my neck at the base.. during that time of my life I needed to be balanced and centered and peaceful
and connected.. so thats where that came from.
I have a dolphin on my ankle balancing a crystal ball on its nose..
I have 2 more that I am getting for my birthday.. they are sigils.  I am also looking at Enochian ( angel) alphabet for a saying that I want done.
The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.~ The Kybalion~

kqueen

Lucky symbol

Post by kqueen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:16 am

What are the lucky symbol?
All the Best

Songstress

Post by Songstress » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:14 am

I have a Triquetra on my right hip.  I got the tattoo along with two of my sisters.  When I was reading about the symbol it seemed to fit relationship we had with each other.  We all got the symbol in different locations and colors for our own individuality though.

Return to “Symbols”