Need help identifying a symbol

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

c_oreadgh

Need help identifying a symbol

Post by c_oreadgh » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:30 pm

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me with the identification of a symbol. I have a birthmark that resembles a sideways stick man with the number 12 underneath him. I have been searching myth and lore for it but can't find anything. If anyone knows the significance (if there is any) I would appreciate the input.

Thanks

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:07 am

I am sorry i cannot help you with that, it seems like it is a very personal mark that you will find a meaning for later in life.

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

c_oreadgh

Thank you for the expedient reply

Post by c_oreadgh » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:56 am

Thank you for the reply. In response I must ask, why would you not be able to send me in the right direction. I am not actually asking for the answer (because that would be too easy) instead I am searching for some starting points and research material outside of what I have already read. I appreciate the fact that it is a personal symbol that will find meaning in it's own time, but there are universal symbols and definitions I would like to hear thoughts and comments please. How am I going to find out the answer to my question without some form of guidance.

Thank you

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:50 pm

I appreciate the frustration of not getting an answer.  If i had an answer i would have given it to you.  I am sure you have read more than enough to know that your universal symbols perhaps won't work in this case as a number 12 is just a number 12 until it has some context.  A sideways stick man doesn't really mean anything to me either.  I have no guidance to give you in this case other than you will need patience, your sign will mean something in due course to you.

I am sure if anyone else had any ideas they will chip in with them.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

c_oreadgh

Thanks

Post by c_oreadgh » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:50 pm

I appreciate your directness and honesty I will continue my search elsewhere.

Thanks again

lluvia

Re: Need help identifying a symbol

Post by lluvia » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:51 pm

c_oreadgh wrote:Hey I was wondering if someone could help me with the identification of a symbol. I have a birthmark that resembles a sideways stick man with the number 12 underneath him. I have been searching myth and lore for it but can't find anything. If anyone knows the significance (if there is any) I would appreciate the input.

Thanks
:smt006 sweetie i dont know about symbols,i found information on it hope it helps about.com alternative religions,the secret language of symbols,be blessed  :smt007 lluvia

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:00 pm

Can we see a photo?

soulbmystic

help identifying symbol

Post by soulbmystic » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi new to forum so please be kind if i step on toes.

with a stick figure and the #12
I would immediately go to the obvious  .... the bible - 12 tribes of man
hope that might help if you haven't already thought of it !
URLs not allowed in signature. Please see http://mysticboard.org/mediakit.html for details.

Return to “Symbols”