What is the symbolism of an owl coming to visit before someone dies?

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

believer

Seeing an owl before death

Post by believer » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:17 am

Night Owl,

Thank you and I will definately keep you in mind for I am a curious person and never want my mind to go stale  :) !

Believer

Zasqua

My Grandma...

Post by Zasqua » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:25 pm

My Granny was very old and the last few months of her life she was bound to her bed. About 3 months before she crossed over, I was on my way home from work, on my scooter late at night. Suddenly something came from the sky at took it's place head on infront of me. I was about 2 metres from it when I saw it was an owl. We faced each other and I knew it was gran coming to greet me.

I always associated her with an wise old owl.

Her body was still with us for 3 months, but I feel her spirit left us that night.

Eversince when something is about to happen, good or bad I get a visit from her. Sometimes in full owl form and sometimes a distant hoo...
Merry Meet!

Aevenai

Post by Aevenai » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:03 am

Owls are interesting creatures, I've had several dreams about them before. But the way I take to death is simply a transition from one state to the next. There are many forms of 'death'/change, it signifies the end of one period within life. And Owls, from speaking to a Navajo family, they had said that the Owl serves as a messenger, but also of the night, the dark. I would interpret that the Owl is the messenger of 'death' and change.

believer

owls

Post by believer » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:37 am

Very cool story and great interpretation.  I have come to really appreciate owls more than I ever did before.  

Thanks,
Believer

Return to “Symbols”