Sun Symbol

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

VirAnimus

Sun Symbol

Post by VirAnimus » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:53 am

I'm just curious about sun symbol means.  When I was pre-teenage, I just woke up slowly, somethings appeared in front of my eyes. I tried to open my eyes because it's too bright in the morning. I noticed a strange symbol in my mind.  I didn't know what it was.  So a few years later, I was buying a horoscope book for enjoying reading.  I looked for my sign-- Leo.  It had a lot informations about Leo.  I caught something on upper right corner.  I discovered a strange symbol that I saw when I was young.  It revealed it was the Sun symbol which was ruled by Leo.  I was shocking to see.  I wondered what the sun symbol meant.

Now, sometimes, I wonder what does it mean and why does it show me.  Anyone answer me????

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Since this is more about symbols, I will move it to symbols for discussions.

Since you have given no picture...and there is quit a lot of sun symbols I give you a link that might help :)

http://www.symbols.com/encyclopedia/26/268.html
or
http://www.radioliberty.com/Symbolsandtheirmeaning.html

Good luck.

VirAnimus

Post by VirAnimus » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:20 pm

Rhutobello wrote:Since this is more about symbols, I will move it to symbols for discussions.

Since you have given no picture...and there is quit a lot of sun symbols I give you a link that might help :)

http://www.symbols.com/encyclopedia/26/268.html
or
http://www.radioliberty.com/Symbolsandtheirmeaning.html

Good luck.
That's exact sun sign I saw in the dream. It's a circle with a dot.  

From a link, the more common symbol is the familiar face in the center of the sun's rays. Well, it's not exact what I was looking for because there wasn't any familiar face in my childhood.  It cannot be a dream I saw.  

Another meaning-- it says sun sign symbolizes the blending of male and female forces.  

What exacty are male and female forces???

Thanks!!!

dhav

Post by dhav » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:50 pm

Let me put the symbol here for more clarity. :smt005

VirAnimus

Post by VirAnimus » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:54 pm

dhav wrote:Let me put the symbol here for more clarity. :smt005

Thanks for put a sign in here. I had no idea how to do thing.  I am new to this.

dhav

Post by dhav » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:01 pm

1.Just click on post reply below the last post.
2.The click the Img twice
3.You will get this Image
4.between put the link to the picture: Image
5.You should right click on the picture on the website and click view picture to get the link to the picture.then add it here

Hope i helped you successfully here. lol. :-)

VirAnimus

Post by VirAnimus » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:32 am

dhav wrote:1.Just click on post reply below the last post.
2.The click the Img twice
3.You will get this Image
4.between put the link to the picture: Image
5.You should right click on the picture on the website and click view picture to get the link to the picture.then add it here

Hope i helped you successfully here. lol. :-)

Ah, thanks!  I will do next time.  Dang, no one answer my question about sun sign!!!!  :smt009

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:41 pm

i am sorry that was my fault, i had an answer for you but didn't realise i hadn't posted it.

The sun was always seen as a masculine force and the moon and the earth as the female force.  This symbol shows the sun as the centre of the universe (which was the popular belief for a long time) so the suns rays covered the earth and so the male and female were joined together.  This was made even more potent during eclipses.  Without the sun there would be no earth and the balance would be lost.  You will see some of this in ancient folklore about the sun and the moon and mother earth.

Sun represents fertility, vitality, passion, courage and eternally renewed youth, light and knowledge just as an aside.

Hope this helps?

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:49 pm

ImageSun is the center of our solar system. In astrology, it is the center, all the planets revolve around it.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

VirAnimus

Post by VirAnimus » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:46 pm

suzisco wrote:i am sorry that was my fault, i had an answer for you but didn't realise i hadn't posted it.

The sun was always seen as a masculine force and the moon and the earth as the female force.  This symbol shows the sun as the centre of the universe (which was the popular belief for a long time) so the suns rays covered the earth and so the male and female were joined together.  This was made even more potent during eclipses.  Without the sun there would be no earth and the balance would be lost.  You will see some of this in ancient folklore about the sun and the moon and mother earth.

Sun represents fertility, vitality, passion, courage and eternally renewed youth, light and knowledge just as an aside.

Hope this helps?

Suzi
Oh no no, it's not your faults!!!   Yeah, it made sense.  I didn't know how did I change my life somehow but you showed me about the sun meant.  I could understand why I awoke myself as a new person.  Glad I am in the center of everyone and everything.  =D  

Suzi, thank you so much.

--Vir

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:28 pm

Its a place you should be, in amongst your family and friends and very loved.

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

VirAnimus

Post by VirAnimus » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:45 am

suzisco wrote:Its a place you should be, in amongst your family and friends and very loved.

Suzi
True. True. True.  :)

dhav

Post by dhav » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:25 pm

what i would also like to add,

in Hinduism the sun God is also very much respected.It is said that every morning you offer water to the sun facing it it will brighten up your day.If you give milk it will remove all obstacles in your life.
well  a simple hello would make him please with you.Such is the power of Sun.

dhav ;-)
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

Return to “Symbols”