Any ideas on these?

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

FireRose

Any ideas on these?

Post by FireRose » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Hey all  :smt006

thought I'd try posting these symbols/shapes I've been seeing... hopefully they mean something to someone!!

Thanks for any ideas.   :smt017
Attachments
Symbols1.jpg
Symbol and Circle pattern
Symbols1.jpg (21.39 KiB) Viewed 6356 times

Doe

Post by Doe » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi, FireRose,

It's hard to say (kind of like a Rorschach test--did I spell that right?).  The first one, to me, looks like a vase on a table (for a Rose? :) ), but it also looks as if it could be some kind of ancient symbol for something (not that I know a damn thing about ancient symbols).  The oval shape made me think of an eye, but maybe that's because I see eyes all over the place these days.

In my experience, the symbols can tend to evolve over time, and become gradually more recognizable (not all the time).  Keep watching, and sharing!

Doe

FireRose

Post by FireRose » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:42 pm

thank you, Doe :) I appreciate your thoughts.

I'm not sure exactly how but the two are connected.

FireRose

Post by FireRose » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:35 am

Just venting because they're still popping up in my dreams and visions ... er.... is there any other site I can submit them to to get answers? One that maybe does specifically symbols? I'm going to google it ... lol ... good luck to me!

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:38 am

Firerose,

I am not certain on this, and normally I don't  even look in this forum, but I saw your name and thought about checking it out. The first one looks like a runic letter, they sometimes combine two or more to form a sound, normally very common ones like the Th, which then becomes one symbol instead of two.  The others look almost like some wicca or pagan spell symbols that I have seen, but yet again I am not certain. You could try looking into those things in your google search. Lots of luck and let us know if ya find it.

Nyte

FireRose

Post by FireRose » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:52 am

Nyteshadecreed wrote:Firerose,

I am not certain on this, and normally I don't  even look in this forum, but I saw your name and thought about checking it out. The first one looks like a runic letter, they sometimes combine two or more to form a sound, normally very common ones like the Th, which then becomes one symbol instead of two.  The others look almost like some wicca or pagan spell symbols that I have seen, but yet again I am not certain. You could try looking into those things in your google search. Lots of luck and let us know if ya find it.

Nyte
Thank you very much! I am researching that now.  :)

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:20 am

your very welcome hon' I just hope that it helps

FireRose

Post by FireRose » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:52 pm

I'm still not sure ... the lower part looks like a rune( "D" -below-) but I couldn't find the top part anywhere. So I think maybe it's a coincidence? Maybe? Maybe not?  :smt017

Driving me  :smt120

and I know it's connected to the other one... I just don't get it! ::sigh::

Another thing... is while most sites had that symbol as "D" some had it as "M" and some didn't have it at all. I don't know what's "true" ... .can anyone help me out with a site of TRUE rune symbols? Or clarify why there are so many variations?

THANKS!
Attachments
runes.gif
runes.gif (8.59 KiB) Viewed 2299 times

Doe

Post by Doe » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Interesting--my first thought was "runes", too, but, since I know NOTHING about them, I felt too silly to say it, and stuck with "ancient symbols".  Very cool...I can't wait to hear what you come up with!

Doe

P.S.  How's the tooth?

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:33 pm

Well there are many different runic alphabets so it depends on which one you want to go with, I am a bit under the weather today, but when I feel better I will look and see if I can find any of mine that might help hon'

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:37 pm

Hello,

Your circles picture reminds me of moons and moon phases.

Your first picture says to me that you have a taurean or ox personality troubling you and you have put it on the shelf cos you can't fix it just now.

the circles also remind me of a planetary phenomenum, when 2 stars get too close to each other often they will share the energy until the energy consumes them, they then can explode and produce lots of debris and some times this forms planets, your picture reminds me of a diagram of this I saw in a text book a few years ago.

Suzi

FireRose

Post by FireRose » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:02 pm

suzisco wrote:Hello,

Your circles picture reminds me of moons and moon phases.

Your first picture says to me that you have a taurean or ox personality troubling you and you have put it on the shelf cos you can't fix it just now.

the circles also remind me of a planetary phenomenum, when 2 stars get too close to each other often they will share the energy until the energy consumes them, they then can explode and produce lots of debris and some times this forms planets, your picture reminds me of a diagram of this I saw in a text book a few years ago.

Suzi
Thank you SO MUCH Suzi ... actually, your comment about the stars makes PERFECT sense in context with the dreams/visions I saw these in. I need to take some time to think about it more but hopefully I can share it later in understandable text lol. Right now I would only rant forever.

The top of the symbol does look a bit like a " taurean or ox" symbol but I feel like those have the curves (top) going the opposite way? Right? usually anyway?

Another thing is that I was doing some meditating on these and I saw them actually put together (I guess to confirm they were related?) I've attached what it looked like (if it matters).

So if anyone can offer further insight ... really... any random insane thoughts at all are appreciated.  :smt005

Doe,

My teeth still hurt - going to the dentist today! Wish me luck... lol

Nyte,

Thank you very much. Whenever you can get around to it would be fantastic. I'm very grateful!!

:smt060 to all
Attachments
Symbols1.jpg
Symbols1.jpg (22.46 KiB) Viewed 2277 times

soulbmystic

Hello Firerose

Post by soulbmystic » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:46 pm

my impression:

The overall design reminded me of an ancient egyptian symbol the djet tower, which was the link of between spirit and matter  (http://evolutionoftruth.com/abennett/djed.htm  a link to explain it better)

the top part looks like a common ancient symbol of many culture's representing the cow horns, womb, taurus, Vikings,  Celtic Goddess lady of the lake, the egyptian god Thoth is depicted with a headress of the horn like the top part of your drawing and the bottom part with the x is similar to what is known as the x point.. What is also interesting is that the circle pattern reminds me of moon phases and possibly crop circles.

I took the following off of crystal links web site.

Thoth created a grid program of experience - electromagnetic in nature to allow for the bipolar aspects of linear time and illusion. In so doing, we go to 4 [time] and 3 [3D physical reality]. Thoth constructed a pyramidal shaped vehicle which personifies the nature of reality. He placed half above - "As is Above" in the nonphysical and half below "As is Below" thus creating the sands of time - the hourglass - the X Box - at the center of the planet where it all began and will all evolve at Zero Point - a time or place of balance.

Thoth was the 'god of the equilibrium' and considered depictions of him as the 'Master of the Balance' to indicate that he was associated with the precession of the equinoxes - a time when the day and the night were balanced.

Zero Point Merge is the coming together of the matter and antimatter aspects of your soul.
It is accompanied by a tone.

Blessings

FireRose

Re: Hello Firerose

Post by FireRose » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:11 am

soulbmystic wrote:my impression:

The overall design reminded me of an ancient egyptian symbol the djet tower, which was the link of between spirit and matter  (http://evolutionoftruth.com/abennett/djed.htm  a link to explain it better)

the top part looks like a common ancient symbol of many culture's representing the cow horns, womb, taurus, Vikings,  Celtic Goddess lady of the lake, the egyptian god Thoth is depicted with a headress of the horn like the top part of your drawing and the bottom part with the x is similar to what is known as the x point.. What is also interesting is that the circle pattern reminds me of moon phases and possibly crop circles.

I took the following off of crystal links web site.

Thoth created a grid program of experience - electromagnetic in nature to allow for the bipolar aspects of linear time and illusion. In so doing, we go to 4 [time] and 3 [3D physical reality]. Thoth constructed a pyramidal shaped vehicle which personifies the nature of reality. He placed half above - "As is Above" in the nonphysical and half below "As is Below" thus creating the sands of time - the hourglass - the X Box - at the center of the planet where it all began and will all evolve at Zero Point - a time or place of balance.

Thoth was the 'god of the equilibrium' and considered depictions of him as the 'Master of the Balance' to indicate that he was associated with the precession of the equinoxes - a time when the day and the night were balanced.

Zero Point Merge is the coming together of the matter and antimatter aspects of your soul.
It is accompanied by a tone.

Blessings

WOW that is all amazing especially that link ... I don't fully understand it yet but I can see the symbol in it ... amazing!

What's really incredible is how you recognized that when it's so abstract in the link.

I appreciate your post very much!

You've given me so much to look into.

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:00 am

Well crude I can't remember how to post pics... but I found two things similar, and wanted to show ya... help me out please.....

Return to “Symbols”