Sun symbol

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

fire_and_ashez

Sun symbol

Post by fire_and_ashez » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:59 pm

I'm still fairly new to mysticboard and never realized there was a section for symbols, so I actually saw this symbol in a dream a couple months ago.

It was a white sheet of paper with 12 sun symbols on it(Circle with a dot.) Each one was a different color, but they were all uniform and linear. 3 columns with 4 rows. anyone have any ideas what this could mean?

I searched about the circle with a dot symbol and came up with a few interesting interpertations, but I was hoping someone could understand it as a whole, including the colors and why there were 12. I don't remember the exact colors of each sun symbol, but I don't remember there being a pattern or it going in a color spectrum. Ex. red, yellow, purple, orange, blue, green. It was very random.

Here are a few things I found on the symbol from various websites:

1.) The point or dot represents matter and the circle, spirit. Or, here is the ultimate symbol of a cycle, full expansion (circle) and complete contraction (dot). This is the symbol of the most powerful heavenly body we know anything about, the Sun, source of all light and warmth.

2.) Death, being the opposite of the blank circle of life, is shaded in, giving rise to the dark circle as its own pictograph. When this dark circle is reduced in size and placed within the pictograph of a living thing, it then denotes its death. What would it mean, then, to place the dark circle (the thick black dot) within the circle of life?
It can't simply mean "death", since the dark circle or dot has that significance on its own. The black dot can be translated as, "x in a state of death," as when the dot is placed within the pictograph denoting "a bear", the result is "a bear in the state of death." Therefore, our pictograph made by a circle with a thick dot in its center, would mean, "life in a state of death." More idiomatically, this is just life after death, as we would say today. This symbol actually exists in plains pictography, denoting something that exemplifies life in a state of death -- in other words, a spirit or ghost.

3.) This symbol is one of the most expressive. Used to denote spirit, or spiritual forces. Represents God.

Thanks to anyone who reads my long post and has any insight!
-Ashley

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:53 am

You might want to check this thread.
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=45207
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

fire_and_ashez

Post by fire_and_ashez » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:09 pm

That thread isn't exactly what I was looking for, but thank you anyway tourbi.
-Ashley

Hestia NicLoch

Post by Hestia NicLoch » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:08 am

If they were different colors, it sounds a lot like a page of the Zodiac. Each sign has a specific color or two, so Cancer is Silver/White, Scorpio is either Black or Burgandy, things like that. Maybe you would end up meeting a person of each sign, or you would learn something about many/all of the signs. Interesting about what you looked up.

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:21 am

this may be a little late. but i think you should see this: http://mysticboard.org/mb ... pretation/ it's a site that offers dream interpretation, you can find the answer to your dream there. (if you still have the query)
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:52 pm

Symbols in dreams have a distinct meaning as do symbols of mediumship.  In dreams they tend to represent our unresolved emotions from the conscious state.  It would be interesting to remember where you were in  your life at the time of the dream.  What was bothering you?

What does the sun mean to you?  It rises, moves across the sky and sets at night, each aspect having its own presentation.  Did the sun in your dreams, being different in color in each representation have anything to do with your own evolution?  And were you questioning your own future in the dream?
God bless, J

Return to “Symbols”