Any Idea of what this symbol means?

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

aov28

Any Idea of what this symbol means?

Post by aov28 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:09 am

I'm attaching an image of one symbol that appeared on one dream i had. I'm almost sure this symbol means something and i think i must saw it somewhere.
It's drawed by me , in my dream it look more irregular but the basic symbol it's in there.
If it helps it was drawed in one stone. And it looked like a jeroglific.

Note: I'm not sure if at the end of the vertical line has a circle as well.

An idea: The first thing that came up to my mind was an incomplete jewish Kabbalah. But i'm not a symbol expert so i request some help if it's posible.

Thanks a lot
Attachments
dream.JPG
dream.JPG (5.56 KiB) Viewed 6652 times

squeaky

Post by squeaky » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:42 am

you might want to reload the picture

regards
d

dessa

symbols

Post by dessa » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:28 pm

It kind of reminds me of the symbols used for Runes or Ogham, though I don't know of any Rune with that design.

As for the Ogham it is I suppose closer to look but it is still different.

with the Ogham if you are familiar with it, it looks like the Eadhadh except of course that the Eadhadh has three arms on either side.

Eadhadh  /  U   /  Heather/Ura Rest, suspension, hibernation

With the slant though it could also be like the  nGeatal /   Ng    /  Reed/Ngetal disturbance, disruption, surprises

except again the  nGeatal  has three arms / lines on either side. and on the right they slant down, and left slant up

Sorry I don't know how to load pics to this site.

nirjara_aura

rare symbol

Post by nirjara_aura » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:15 pm

i feel it is like teiwaz rune leading to growth in life.. but growth is multi faceted and u need to focus.. on one thing which is important for u .. just my version..
l
IN LOVE LIGHT & PEACE

NIRJARA

Nala

Your Dream symbol

Post by Nala » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:09 am

I agree with nijara_aura's advice to you to focus. It is easy for the brain to attach images from our dreams and astral visions with a tangible more common images and items that are the nearest match to the questioning picture.  This is for a reason. The replies posted here regarding rune identities or otherwise are all holding a link that -once you 'see' what that link is- you will throw your arms up and say 'ahh I see'.  I
The research I have done on your drawing brought up several various possible answers for you. However, you are the only one that has that. This relates from water, weather, change of seasons, to the trine aspects too numerous to name banded with duality.
My suggestion to you is to take all of this... toss it around in your head as you clearly visualize your dream once more, and right at that point that the symbol becomes clear... you will notice that all of the explainations and possiblilities you've been given slowly start to fuse (though seemingly melt away)...  inside of you - without much thought to it; you will know exactly what it is.

Time has passed since you posted this request. I am very curious to see what has come of your dream symbol..and what has shown in your reality since its entering in to you. I hope you keep notes!!
Wonder Filled!

Astynome

Post by Astynome » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:45 am

Hi Aov28,

If you take away the top right branch you could say it is the uppermost section of PUNDUR, an icelandic magic symbol meaning the powerful one; used by people who were afraid of the dark.

sunmystic

Re: Any Idea of what this symbol means?

Post by sunmystic » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:36 pm

aov28 wrote:I'm attaching an image of one symbol that appeared on one dream i had. I'm almost sure this symbol means something and i think i must saw it somewhere.
It's drawed by me , in my dream it look more irregular but the basic symbol it's in there.
If it helps it was drawed in one stone. And it looked like a jeroglific.

Note: I'm not sure if at the end of the vertical line has a circle as well.

An idea: The first thing that came up to my mind was an incomplete jewish Kabbalah. But i'm not a symbol expert so i request some help if it's posible.

Thanks a lot
aov, I would say that subconsciencely you feel that there is something missing in your life or that there is something that you feel that you should do to create more order in your life but do not want to do it. My "guess" is that it has something to do with your house or room and that it has something to do with house cleaning or a messy room.

love,

sunmystic

Celestial Beginnings

Re: symbols

Post by Celestial Beginnings » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:49 am

dessa wrote:It kind of reminds me of the symbols used for Runes or Ogham, though I don't know of any Rune with that design.
The right hand side looks like a /a(ː)/ *ansuz "one of the Æsir (gods)"

Maybe the dream is a message from the diety you follow? (God/Allah/Hecate/Isis/whoever).

My Two Cents,

Celestial Beginnings

Return to “Symbols”