Spirit Guide? Animals? I wanna see!

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

KingAcePD

Spirit Guide? Animals? I wanna see!

Post by KingAcePD » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:05 pm

How would I see my spirit guide (If I have one), I hardly ever see animals...or don't remember. Anyone have any tips?

Crow

Post by Crow » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:38 pm

KingAce,

Have you tried reading these books?

Animal Magick: The Art of Recognizing and Working with Familiars by D.J. Conway?  When I was a teenager/young adult I started off with this one. It is a good read for beginners.  Now I see she is comming under fire.  Oh heavens, but the message was there.  Perhaps going off what they thought of Biology of the animals at the time. Dunno. Science is always showing us new things.  It was the means to get there that I remembered was the thing that helped me.  So I guess just watch the info that is being presented as facts.  But it is one way that helped me to begin my journey.

Animal Speak: The Spiritual & Magical Powers of Creatures Great & Small by Ted Andrews was another book I found helpful. So many years ago. I cannot remember all that they were about. lol I just know that they did help me at the time.  The reviews for Ted's book is far better.  While I liked both authors. It depends on your taste of literature I suppose.  I'm the type that although I may not agree with somone, I am open to new suggestions and learning different methods to improve my abilities.

My animal is the Crow, no big surprise there. Still learning more and more about the history of this bird, and the spiritual aspect.  For so long I put it on hold, just didn't have the time.  Then I went to other branches of study, so I did miss file alot that I read.  Canot recall much about Crows. ;)  But this helped me to understand what is happening when I hear their messages.  And that is where I stopped in the search for animal guides.  

With eveyone it is different.  What works for me may not work for you.  Just practice and patience, it will come.  Best of wishes.

Safe Journey

Came back to add this thread that Youdah, and Jewel Of The South had posted info reguarding some animal guides.  Like I said my mind misfiled this info.  Until I read this post today I forgot that I did read these two books long ago.  Even after Jewel of the South mentioned the book by Ted Andrews, no lighbulb went off.  How odd!  Misfiled it somewhere in the mind.   :smt005 Sorry, would have added this thread earlier had I remembered that we talked about it on the forum.  Just got so much on my mind lately.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... ow&start=0

KingAcePD

Post by KingAcePD » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:10 am

Thanks, I'll give the books a look

Return to “Symbols”