Golden Eagle

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

specialyst

Golden Eagle

Post by specialyst » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:05 pm

I have realize that when I close my eyes, I see certain images. Some memories, some places, tall bright figures I can quite make out, other things (things that I have no idea how to explain or describe), and of course my imagination.

Lately it seems as if I get more flashes of images of objects I have never seen or encountered before whenever I close my eyes.

This morning I've encountered a strange vision  when I closed eyed while taking a small break at work:

I saw a golden eagle swooping down from the sky. It's eye was bold, almost a furious look. This eagle was breathing out fire towards an ancient roman or greek soldier made of stone. This soldier was continuously throwing war hammers towards me. This soldier appeared to be standing about 20 to 30 feet in front of me.

I saw all this in like a few seconds but felt as if it has a deep impact and meaning. I have not read or saw any book, magazines, movies, or shows that would cause these images to become part of my imagination.

I guess if I'm going to start write down these strange visions in my psychic journal, I have to start studying symbols and their meaning.

Does anyone have a general idea what this vision could mean?

PrettySiren

Post by PrettySiren » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:33 pm

It sounds to me as though, if taken as a literal symbol, it could be the firebird of Russian lore or it could be the Phoenix. Here is some info on both:

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/f/firebird.html

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/p/phoenix.html

I hope that helps. Perhaps the bird could be a metaphor for healing over troubling times (which would represent the warrior). I'm not an expert -- it's just a thought.

chipmunk

Golden eagle

Post by chipmunk » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:56 am

Sounds a lot like a phoenix to me. The immortal bird who dies only to be reborn from it's own ashes. A metaphor for you maybe.
Never be normal !

Return to “Symbols”