My new friend.

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Ravenmother

My new friend.

Post by Ravenmother » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:24 pm

For the past three mornings, after my coffee, I go out to smoke. Now have you know, it's winter here where I live...very cold.

I go out my front door and everyday, different times each day, sits a single dove. Not where I can reach him/her? Just far enough away that I can see him/her. Everyday this lovely creature sings to me...in it's soft tones and smooth coos.

I've been one to wonder, from time to time, about what animals symbolism means to me and how it fits into my life. Only to come to the understanding that it is my life, animals are a part of my living cycle, therefore they are everyday a part of my personal life. Now I am not saying that I am all wrapped up in animal meaning, for the most part I have to look up most of the meanings, but this one...it shocked me.

I have been going through a pretty rough patch, and to respect all other parties that have been in it with me I will go no further. I came to the understanding, after looking up the dove, that my troubles would soon be over. This was a sign and for the past two days I had been blind to it. Acting as if the poor little bird was just there.

I had asked a question to the mother, and she had sent her best sign. Filled it with love, compassion, and sent it my way. Well, let me tell you. I was so pleased to receive such an answer that I almost wept. She has been very good to me, and I could not thank her more.

Here is what the dove means.
From the website theearthangelconnection.com/Power%20%20Animals.htm]Power Animals

DOVE - reminds us how important peace is. The peace symbolized by Dove is that of the deepest kind. It quiets our worried and troubled thoughts, and allows us to find renewal in the silence of mind. In such moments of stillness we are able to appreciate simple blessings.  It reminds us that no matter what is happening in our lives, there are always new possibilities open to us.

Thank you goddess for your fast reply and may this help bring your light and love to all.

Return to “Symbols”