Triangle with curled edges?

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

electric beauty

Triangle with curled edges?

Post by electric beauty » Sat May 02, 2009 4:32 pm

I saw a ring I really liked..it had a small triangle with curled ends coming off the corners. Any ideas of what it means? I tried googling it and the closest thing I came to was a "Triskele hollow triangle" on wikipedia, with no description of symbolic meaning.
No link in signatures

Songstress

this is what i was able to find on it

Post by Songstress » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:00 am

The triskele, or triple spiral is a symbol closely related to the triquetra. It is a tripartite symbol composed of three interlocked spirals. The spiral is an ancient Celtic symbol found at the Neolithic "tomb" at Newgrange. It is related to the sun, afterlife and reincarnation.

The symbol at Newgrange is believed by some to be a symbol of pregnancy (the sun describes a spiral in its movements every three months; a triple spiral represents nine months). The idea origionates by the sun representing a spiral in its movements every three months. A tripple spiral represents nine months. These ideas become reinforced by the womb like nature of the structure (Newgrange). The symbol also suggests reincarnation because it is drawn in one continuous line, suggesting a continuous movement of the universe within eternity.

Return to “Symbols”