What does this symbol mean?

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

weirdoo

What does this symbol mean?

Post by weirdoo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi and peace & love!

What does this symbol mean? I was laying in bed trying to get to sleep, but then suddenly this appeared in front of me. The shape of it is pure, there is no imperfection in it, the shape of it is pure perfect and pure gold color. I asked my master about what this symbol means, he doesn't know, which surprised me.

This is what i got so far: It's an egyptian symbol.

Yup, that is it. I got another one but, i don't believe that is the answer and that suggestion is not on the table!

My friend suggested it might mean the Holy Sun, the shape of the middle does look like the sun and that harpe shape might mean water. Why don't i think this is the answer?

The last one who was the Holy Sun is Jesus. That is why.

OK! Enough of me rambling on, do you know what this means?
Attachments
The Symbol.jpg
The Symbol, pure shape, there is no imperfected shape. It's perfection itself, the gold color is the most golden color you can see, it's pure perfection
The Symbol.jpg (11.29 KiB) Viewed 8191 times
Hey there! :)

Astynome

Post by Astynome » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:15 am

I believe this is a location symbol.  Like would be used to identify an area.  I think it is as you see it.  The region is dry and sun drenched and explains the lie of the land ie. a pass, and shows the time of year, and the direction by the position of the sun through the pass.

I think the people are ribbed, meaning sinuey, they labour hard, climb, squat to eat, and do acrobatics, like flipping spins through the air.

The location I think is connected to the indus valley, but I get 'Indira delta', and I can only see that Indira is a name when I google.  Yeah I think the river bed somewhere may have been pretty dry at times.

When I googled, there was an ancient civilization in the Indus valley.  

See what you think

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:15 am

In Egyptian mythology the right eye and the left eyes of Horus were the sun and moon respectively. It looks a bit like an eye and definitely some sun influence in there. Meditate on the symbol and it's meaning will be revealed to you. A lot of ancient teachings have degraded simply because of lazy students just accepting what they were told a symbol means rather then discovering it for them self. If you discover the meaning of it your self then you will learn it on a much deeper level then could be taught, but there is also space for getting views from others as you are doing.

It reminds me of the computer symbol for on and off buttons.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

weirdoo

Post by weirdoo » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:57 pm

Aegeus wrote:In Egyptian mythology the right eye and the left eyes of Horus were the sun and moon respectively. It looks a bit like an eye and definitely some sun influence in there. Meditate on the symbol and it's meaning will be revealed to you. A lot of ancient teachings have degraded simply because of lazy students just accepting what they were told a symbol means rather then discovering it for them self. If you discover the meaning of it your self then you will learn it on a much deeper level then could be taught, but there is also space for getting views from others as you are doing.

It reminds me of the computer symbol for on and off buttons.
Thanks, i shall try to do so, for me meditating only comes when i feel like it, and i'm not gonna force myself to do something i ain't feeling doing (:

hehe, so you are saying i can contrl death?  :smt016

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:51 am

Weirdoo - that looks like a script version of the the AKHET symbol... yes it IS indeed Egyptian, and I found it by looking up my first impression, "sun of the valley symbol" on Google. One of the first links brought it up. After googling Akhet I found that the name Akhet means "place of becoming effective" and refers to the process through which, both the sun and the deceased, take on new life.
Quote:  "The Akhet refers to a zone between the netherworld and the day sky. In practical terms, this zone was an explanation of why the sun's light appears in the morning before the sun itself has risen above the horizon. The name Akhet means "place of becoming effective" and refers to the process through which, both the sun and the deceased, take on new life."

Wikipedia also states that "Akhet - The first of three seasons of the ancient Egyptian calendar--the inundation season. This was the time of the Egyptian calendar year when the Nile waters flooded farmland and brought much nutrients to the tilled soil. The Akhet season ran approximately from mid-July to mid-November in Ancient Egypt, and was followed by Peret and Shemu.[2]"

Hope that helps!
Peace
Petra
"There is no try - just do"
Learn about what I do :) http://petrasando.us

weirdoo

Post by weirdoo » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:47 am

PetraVanilla wrote:Weirdoo - that looks like a script version of the the AKHET symbol... yes it IS indeed Egyptian, and I found it by looking up my first impression, "sun of the valley symbol" on Google. One of the first links brought it up. After googling Akhet I found that the name Akhet means "place of becoming effective" and refers to the process through which, both the sun and the deceased, take on new life.
Quote:  "The Akhet refers to a zone between the netherworld and the day sky. In practical terms, this zone was an explanation of why the sun's light appears in the morning before the sun itself has risen above the horizon. The name Akhet means "place of becoming effective" and refers to the process through which, both the sun and the deceased, take on new life."

Wikipedia also states that "Akhet - The first of three seasons of the ancient Egyptian calendar--the inundation season. This was the time of the Egyptian calendar year when the Nile waters flooded farmland and brought much nutrients to the tilled soil. The Akhet season ran approximately from mid-July to mid-November in Ancient Egypt, and was followed by Peret and Shemu.[2]"

Hope that helps!
Peace
This helps! A LOT ! :D If you told me this in person i would kiss you! <3 thanks a lot, i am currently doing more extensive research on this (:

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:53 pm

weirdoo wrote:This helps! A LOT ! :D If you told me this in person i would kiss you! <3 thanks a lot, i am currently doing more extensive research on this (:
Umm... lol... I think my bf would have an issue with the kissing part haha... but you are VERY welcome!

When it comes to researching ANYTHING I am quite effective... feel free to contact me if you wanna know anything, can't promise results, but usually you'll get them.

I just found out I am an early Indigo (born in the 70s) and quite excited about that... I am very intuitive and whenever &nbsp;stumble over stuff like this, my intuition kicks in big time and I just start typing or talking &nbsp;:smt002 &nbsp;:smt003

Never really researched Egyptian symbols before...
Petra

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:49 am

Hey Weidoo, I found something else on the symbol after you pm'd me... I will send you a book excerpt link that speaks about the Akhet relating to pyramids and ascension to heaven and spiritual enlightenment. When you saw the symbol, id you feel it was sent to you as an advice as to what you should do, or as an explanation as to what might be happening to you right now?

I have the feeling you are in the middle of ascending to a higher level of consciousness as are many of us right now...
Petra

Return to “Symbols”