butterfly/dragonfly symbolism

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

violetskies

butterfly/dragonfly symbolism

Post by violetskies » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:31 pm

I have been seeing an incredible amount of butterflies and dragonflies for the past month.  I mean, SO many everyday.  I walked out of my friend's house the other day and a huge monarch butterfly flew inches from my  body across my path.  I have probably only seen a handful of monarchs of that size in my entire life.  There have been so many that it seems more than a coincidence.  Has anyone had any experiences with anything similar?   :smt051

daizyblackrose

Post by daizyblackrose » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:59 pm

I don't know what the symbolism for this is but I see the little white type of butterflies on a daily bases fluttering pass my windows or outside. I am happy when this happens tho this summer a few monarchs came near me when I was swimming in my pool but never did they touch me.   =(  But I hope you get your answer soon, I am waiting on mine as far as spiders webs.
Daizy.
Am here but Am not, Am remembered but not seen, Am felt but never can be held. For I am the wind... DaizyBlackrose.

MysticMari

butterfly symbolism

Post by MysticMari » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Due to its life cycle the butterfly has been a symbol of transformation, regeneration and specifically the soul since ancient times.

Butterfly_angel

Post by Butterfly_angel » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi there Violetskies

Butterflies have always fascinated me.  I always bought my mum presents with butterflies on..not sure why cos she isn't especially adoring of them!  I think they are a symbol of freedom and renewel and also transformation.  Like its a new beginning for something, the start of something new. Perhaps the message os forget about the past and take wings and fly, if it doesn't work out you can alweays try again?  Stop me if I'm just waffling now!  Hope this help.

malik125

Malik SaB

Post by malik125 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:43 am

I have been seeing an incredible amount of butterflies and dragonflies for the past month.  I mean, SO many everyday.  I walked out of my friend's house the other day and a huge monarch butterfly flew inches from my  body across my path.  I have probably only seen a handful of monarchs of that size in my entire life.
Mohsin

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Malik,

So where is your answer to the question as to whether you have had a similar experience?

Instead of quoting somebody else's posting word for word but not placing it between quotes and therefore presenting it as if it is your own, you are being asked to contribute to a better understanding of the most likely symbolic meaning of the appearance of a large number of butterflies in one's life.

Please note that what you have done here as it presently stands is blatant plaigarism, and it will not count towards you registering any free software which is made available to you on MB.

Please do the decent thing this time and edit your original posting, or it will be removed under the site rules for being the spam that it is.

EoT

Return to “Symbols”