Spiders?

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dayna_bug

Spiders?

Post by dayna_bug » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:04 pm

I encounter spiders very often these days and wonder if they have any special meaning?

I also recently learned that an estranged parent was recently bitten by a black spider....

Connection?
*We* are the music makers... and *we* are the dreamers of dreams

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:16 pm

Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

sunmystic

Post by sunmystic » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:02 pm

suzisco that was very interesting. I love spiders, but most everybody I know considers them something out of a horror movie. I am happy to see that there is a place in the mystic world where they are loved and respected.

love,

sunmystic

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:21 am

I used to play ice hockey, and one particular season my brother and I noticed that whenever we randomly saw a huntsman (spider) that was living in our house before the game, we always won.  He had a strong team that season and dominated the league, and saw the spider frequently.

It finally came to the grand final and we wanted to be sure we would win.  We searched the house from top to bottom but could not find the spider anywhere.  Sure enough we lost.  I now see spiders as a good luck omen, but unfortunately the spiders that inhabit my home are potentially lethal to young children so their protection comes first.

nighthawk

Post by nighthawk » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:31 am

yes, spiders can be quite significant symbols. They have a deep place in many cultures. Ananzi, in african lore is a teacher. Spiders can be symbols of feminine power--- read up on the sad lives of male spiders! The female spider spends her life making sure her little ones are born safely. They weave things together, make connections. They are predators, and welcome ones that remove pests. In old folklore, it is forbidden to remove spider webs from horse stables otherwise the stable will burn down. how that came to be connected, I am not certain! but I always left the webs alone anyway. Spiders are considered wise creatures, they spend much time after long labor simply sitting and waiting for their labors to pay off. They are creative forces.
I used to live in coastal south Texas, where the climate was quite tropical and there were truly enourmous spiders. We called the biggest ones 'bananna spiders'. They were several inches long, brightly colored black, white, yellow and orange. Very beautiful. They strung very very strong orange webs between trees at about the height of a person's face. You did want to watch out for them! There were also 'sewing machine' spiders- a type of orb weaver that was also quite pretty, and LArge! I never did mind the big spiders, because they sat on their webs always. I didn't have to worry that I would come on one unexpectedly. I liked to watch them at their labors and at their rest, wondering what they were thinking about.
I try not to kill spiders, mostly because I loathe mosquitos.

Return to “Symbols”