Hope this is the right place...

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

DarkStarRising

Hope this is the right place...

Post by DarkStarRising » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:15 am

.. if not.. forgive me.

Im not new to anything metaphysical at all, i was born with a gift until i had my son, and then it was passed onto him.. but thats not for now.

Recently.. within the past year or so, i have been hearing a door bell ring, the same door bell sound as this house has.. BUT no one else can hear it, only me. This happens at all times during the day, more during the mornings then aything..

but that is not all..

I have been smelling many MANY different smells recnelty too, like sandlewood, chocolate, cigar smoke, roses, wood smoke, and sometimes cakes.. and well again no one else can smell them..

Not the first time i have smelled woodsmoke/cigar smoke i used to smell them all the time untill five/six years ago when somethings happened *no details for now*

I would greatly love someone who can tell me what they mean, because even back then i didnt know...

I thank you for any help.
How to finish something that never started. How to start something that might not even happen. How to make it happen when you don't know how to begin.....

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:55 am

Hi DarkStarRising, weird smells only you can perceive... hmm, there could be different explanations from neurological ones to hormones or spirit activity.

Since we're on mysticboard.org I'll give you some food for thought on spirits, first. From what I understand, spirits can sometimes make their presence known through specific scents, smells or odors. Sometimes the smell denotes whether they are friendly,loving, upset or angry. Certain smells can also be associated with a certain person... so let's say my Grandma always wore "Koelnisch Wasser" eau de cologne, which has a very distinct scent. If I suddenly smelled that around me, I might have a feeling that my Grandma came to visit... ya see? If there are other happenings around the home that may announce the presence of spirits,like noises, items that change positions with or without you seeing it, sudden temperature changes etc... you might have a visitor of the paranormal plane. From the smells you mentioned I would guess the perpetrator is friendly and the smell of smoke can be a forewarning. Take it as that and take appropriate precautions in such a case.

Hormonal changes can also be responsible for a heightened sense of smell, such as PMS or pregnancy. Mine increased a bit after I had my kids. I think the body does that to enable a mother to better protect her offspring!

Sometimes your body will tell you what you should consume (to properly nurture it and your emotions) by giving you a craving, which can also include the sensation of smelling that particular food item before you actually eat it. I usually give in LOL and that helps it!

Then I wonder if you stopped smoking or being around smokers recently. It's amazing what my nose picks up after I stopped smoking! My sense of smell seems to have improved exponentially while other people around me just don't notice what I can smell.

Lastly, the neurological explanation. If none of the above apply you should check in with a doctor, because sometimes when people have tumors their perception of smells changes and they experience phantom smells, smells that are not really there. Also pay attention to things like ringing in your ears and that type of thing.

Hope, that helps!
Petra
"There is no try - just do"
Learn about what I do :) http://petrasando.us

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:53 pm

A physical to rule out material sources is always good.  But the diversity of the smells and only you hearing it could also mean a psychic/metaphysical explanation.

Psychic abilities are found in all of us because they come from the 5 senses we use in our material world.  Only we sensitize them as we add 2 more: intuition from the gut and I know from the heart, to the psychic within.  Smells are attached to memory and can be a real input from spirit loved ones.

You did not lose your psychic abilities as you had a child.  You may have helped with their sensitivity through your genetic patterning, but you retain your abilities as they open to their own.  Everyone is unique, so also their psychic abilities will be unique.

Check out some of the information in Mediumship Development, under the Mystic Academy for some guidance on what you are experiencing.  You can also ask questions from your experiences.  When we have a talent it is important to develop it to its finest qualities.  Find a good teacher and grow immeasurably.
God bless, J

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:09 pm

Spiritalk has a very good point - I don't think you simply lose psychic abilities just like that. Maybe you tuned them out a bit when you noticed them in your son. Sometimes we make our kids more important than ourselves ;) ! Developing and focusing on your own abilities again may even create a bigger stronger bond with your son, ever thought about that? Go for it!
Petra
"There is no try - just do"
Learn about what I do :) http://petrasando.us

DarkStarRising

Post by DarkStarRising » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Sorry for long time no reply.

The woodsmoke ive been smelling since i was a baby myself, ist nothing new to me same with cigar smoke... but i still want to know what they mean as i have been smelling both for three decades now.

I dont suffer from PMS/PMT/PMDD or such and havent been preganant since 11 years ago.

I stopped smoking over a year ago and live with two smokers *believe me i HATE it* but asi said i smell most of these even when i was smoking.

And the sounds.. i still hear them but not tinitus, its not like that sound at al, its a clear sense of a doorbell ringing, or telephone or a knock on the door.. please explain what they mean.

Developing and focusing on your own abilities again may even create a bigger stronger bond with your son, ever thought about that? Go for it!
Unfortunatly a little but difficult to do, we are five thousand miles apart.
How to finish something that never started. How to start something that might not even happen. How to make it happen when you don't know how to begin.....

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:14 pm

Believe me all senses open in the psychic sensitivities.  Smell is one of the strongest because smells are closely related to our memories.
God bless, J

DarkStarRising

Post by DarkStarRising » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:26 pm

i know, but it doesnt explain some of the things i have smelt/heard.. i cant find any where that can tell me, ive been looking everywhere online in books even asked my mum to find out from a friend, not a thing...

So i guess i will never know what they mean.

Elgina

May be may be not

Post by Elgina » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:49 am

Its all in your mind...

We see what we want to see and we hear what we want to hear... What is the difference......

May be every thing is in your mind and not anywhere.....

U are in search of internal peace and that is why you can't  find peace anywhere. Try meditation and inculcate spirituality in your life....

Meditation practice is learnt over the time and is not instantaneous...

All the best

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:19 pm

DSR:  This is a personal psychic journey.  Get ready to take it.  That is where the problem lies - you have not prepared yourself to actually know and find out what is bothering you.  Many suggestions have been made and would guess you haven't pursued any of them because you are still saying you don't know.  

Find a good teacher - there is such a thing for psychic abilities too.  Even a concert pianist had to have a good teacher to teach the fingering on the keyboard.  

Spiritualism centres offers anyone the opportunity to join their circles of learning.  They meditate, do spiritual healing and exchange messages all the time.  Nothing to join, just be a friendly participant.
God bless, J

Return to “Symbols”