What does the Joker represent?

Symbology and symbolism has always played a great role in the esoteric's sphere of life. Discuss everything about symbols here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

marlena

What does the Joker represent?

Post by marlena » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:59 pm

I found this laying face up when I got to work today. Does anyone know what it means when you come across this? I was thinking about a friend and potential relationships and stuff.
Attachments
20131211_065853.jpg
20131211_065853.jpg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 4434 times
Blessings and love,
Marlena

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:40 am

Marlena,

The Joker in a normal deck of playing cards is regarded as having a similar meaning to The Fool in the Tarot.

When normal playing cards are used for divination (cartomancy), the Joker effectively stands in place of the Fool.

Therefore look up the most common meanings associated with that particular card (the Fool), and use them added to your own intuition to work out what finding the Joker turned upwards like it was is likely to mean to what you were thinking of at the time, with special reference to your current relationships and/or friendships.

Hoping that this helps,

EoT

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:50 am

Because of the above correspondence, practitioners of cartomancy often include a Joker in the standard 52-card deck, with a meaning similar to the Fool card of Tarot. Sometimes the two Jokers are used: one approach is to identify the "black" Joker with the Fool and the "red" Joker with "the Magician," also known as the Juggler, a card which is somewhat similar in interpretation and is considered the first step in the "Fool's Journey".

[Source: Wikipedia]

EoT

Return to “Symbols”