IS RELIGION AND SPIRITUALITY THE SAME?

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ksri10

IS RELIGION AND SPIRITUALITY THE SAME?

Post by ksri10 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:28 am

If they are not then what is the difference between a religious person and a spiritual person?

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:02 am

It seems to me that a religious person follows and a spiritual person learns and experiences.

Brenda Russell

Post by Brenda Russell » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:30 am

All Religions are basically man made, telling one what to believe and how to conduct ones life, according to the values within that particular religion, yes wolfshadow is correct in saying religious people follow certain disiplines, rules and regulations within a religious group.
Where as, finding your own unique spirituality,  one seeks to find the Cosmic force within ones self, learing experiences along the way, that relies purely upon your own innate  values and abilities and does not rely on anyone or anything to connect you to the Supreme Cosmic Energy we  sometimes call God or Great White Spirit.

Each persons spirituality is totally unique to them and, depending what an individual needs to experience and learn in this lifetime, can be completely different from another person walking this earth journey.
Therefore it is not for us to judge another, or to ridicule someone elses belief system, as I believe everyone is exactly where they need to be right now seeking their own spirituality, and if that means going through an organised religious group for now, then so be it. Before long the soul will awaken and will discover other avenues to travel in helping us reach enlightenment.

There certainly is a difference!

Light and love

Brenda

stan

Post by stan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:24 am

Brenda Russell wrote:All Religions are basically man made, telling one what to believe and how to conduct ones life, according to the values within that particular religion, yes wolfshadow is correct in saying religious people follow certain disiplines, rules and regulations within a religious group.
Where as, finding your own unique spirituality,  one seeks to find the Cosmic force within ones self, learing experiences along the way, that relies purely upon your own innate  values and abilities and does not rely on anyone or anything to connect you to the Supreme Cosmic Energy we  sometimes call God or Great White Spirit.

Each persons spirituality is totally unique to them and, depending what an individual needs to experience and learn in this lifetime, can be completely different from another person walking this earth journey.
Therefore it is not for us to judge another, or to ridicule someone elses belief system, as I believe everyone is exactly where they need to be right now seeking their own spirituality, and if that means going through an organised religious group for now, then so be it. Before long the soul will awaken and will discover other avenues to travel in helping us reach enlightenment.

There certainly is a difference!

Light and love

Brenda

Too much talk  :smt013

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:34 am

Consider! If you are wrong what awaits you!

dhav

Post by dhav » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:37 pm

Well said Brenda. :smt003

but as i see in todays life there is some form of spiritual religion.like some people are making spirituality a religion.The fact that someone is considering himself/herself not religious but spiritual and there is what we call spiritual ego involved in it(where the being will consider himself/herself different and not among other beings and also superior in spirit) develop the concept of religion of spirituality.

what's the most important of all these is the pure love of light which connects all of us(negative/positive) in the universe making us ONE. :smt005

ksri10

All Religions are basically man made, telling one what to be

Post by ksri10 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:23 am

So true,  Brenda, you have explained it perfectly.

Ani

Post by Ani » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:18 am

I consider myself a spiritual but not a religous person. I do believe in God (or some Supreme Power), but I dont worship any specific god or observe the rules of any particular religion... I simply live according to some pronciples the most important of which is to treat others the way you want to be treated.

ksri10

I consider myself a spiritual but not a religous person. I d

Post by ksri10 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:35 am

EACH ONE........IN HIS OWN PATH FOR SPIRITUAL PERFECTION!!

ReikiMaster108

Post by ReikiMaster108 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:50 pm

of course its not the same..there is many religious ppl but not spiritual..religion means that u fallowing rules and regulations of some religious path(cristianity,hindu,muslin etc...)..spirituality means that ur beyond rules and regulations with full God concesnes and u know ur position very well as God servant and ur happy with that :)

Religios ppl learn how to fullfil their desires in proper way to purifying themselfs and to become spiritual :)

so its not the same.Religion is path but Spirituality is goal :)

lluvia

Post by lluvia » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:26 am

:smt007 i really believe that we need to be more spiritual ,ive known a lot of religious :smt020 lluvia
persons not all ,to be more devilish.

Andypants

Post by Andypants » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:43 am

Religion is the acceptance of god.
Spirituality is the beginning of the journey to god.

A religious person follows gods laws because they are gods laws. He knows god and seeks to obey gods law.
A spiritual person is learning to discover the god within himself, exploring the benefits in a belief of a higher self and trying to understand the source.

We are all an aspect of god. Our higher selves are our representation of god. God is all and everything.
To deny god is to say we are all pieces to a puzzle with no greater picture to be made.
It is only with acceptance of god that the pieces can come together and all questions are answered, all confusion is gone.
You no longer look for the truth, you have it. And all things that stem from that truth are found to be logically true.

So in essence, the difference between a religious person and a spiritual person can be compared to the difference between someone who looks and someone who has found.

One seeks the truth and is given some insight to higher truths through there seeking.
The other simply knows the truth and has no need to seek it, and that knowledge is drawn upon when needed for it is acknowledged as knowledge from the source, from god, not from the self.

To state the only knowledge one can know is the knowledge one has learned, then your knowledge is limited to the knowledge you have learnt.
To understand that the we can know of all knowledge through the god in us, is to realize there is no limit to your knowledge, and to know of all at once but yet only be conscious of that which you need to know at the time. It is to have access to all knowledge and all truth.

soma77

Post by soma77 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:40 pm

The person who does not recognize his soul, who does not commune spiritually is but a pair of glasses without an eye, a person with an intellect who is not aware of spirituality knows all the prices, but not the value of life.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:59 am

My Spirituality is a deep knowing, a deep following.  It has been with me for a very long time. It has guided me through a great deal of pain and joy.

My religion is the symbology that helps me to speak my Sprituality.  Altho I can speak the symbols of many religions, my personal religion has symbols that resonate loudly for me.  It happens to be Paganism.  I love the rich symbology and I love the relationship with the Goddesses as well as the Gods.  That has always been within my Spirituality, the Gods and the female aspect of the Universe.  

I often speak with others from my Spirituality, from no religion.  I want to connect with others without the barrier of religion between us.  Sometimes for me the religion become so important to people, they loose the connection we all have thru our Sprituality.  That is my belief.  I belief we are all connected through the oneness of Spirit.

circledtwice

Post by circledtwice » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:32 am

Unfortunately spirituality today has become commercialized like the 60s and 70s search for self. Spirituality in my eyes is the search for truth, within or without. Whether it be psychological or physical. Truth isn't static, nothing is.

Now religion is built upon dogmatic and conforming principles. Spirituality follows truth and has no dogmas. It's only rules are that there are none. But religions do carry some truths.

Return to “Spirituality”