Praying -does it really work?

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

boertjie

Praying -does it really work?

Post by boertjie » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:28 pm

I am confused.  The Bible (God's Word) keeps telling us that if we pray, we will receive.  If this is true, why is that I feel prayers do not work?  Is it because I do not believe enough or that God is just not interested in me as I am a sinner?

DragonKnight

Post by DragonKnight » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:24 pm

take charge of your life it also say in some versions of the bible to meditate which in turn connects us to god [very long process i must say rewarding though] God does hear you prayer but is what you ask for acheviable are you ready for what you want? know that the blessings that you send reace where they are sent to, and know that god hears you pleans but these other people is what they are expirenceing really your burden, praying feverently to no avail can make a person non believing trusting that you have been heard is what matters, sometimes there are lessons that need to be lernt by people throught ther cancers or something. It is you that is important and the good grace that you show towards other this is what do like to see. Action you plans and send some love that all you can really do stope the indeciseveness

ksri10

I am confused. The Bible (God's Word) keeps telling us that

Post by ksri10 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:20 pm

There is a saying. It goes as follows:

'PRAYER IS THE STRENGTH OF MAN AND WEAKNESS OF GOD"
What this saying means is: God has no weakness at all, but if HE has any weakness it is a sincere  prayer. This is because God can never ignore a sincere prayer. So if at all God has any weakness then the only weakness He can  ever have is a prayer. And hence, prayer s are our  strength.

God is neither blind nor deaf. All your prayers will definitely be answered. When??, in due course of time. Just have faith and continue your prayers with greater sincerity and intensity . Have faith in HIM and all will be well soon.

Never forget  that  God loves each one of us.

Imagine a scenario where all our prayers were to be answered immediately. Then ultimately what would happen?? God will be used as a tool for the selfish needs of us humans.

Life, is a process which should be used  to connect to God. The means used to connect  are prayers, meditation etc. In one’s life time, a person goes through  difficult times, depending on his pervious lives and the sins committed by him.  It is nature’s law that such a person undergoes sufferings to wash  away his sins, either in this life or next. Prayers to God makes HIM give us the necessary strength to face such life’s sufferings. This s perceived by the wise, whereas for the ignorant, God appears deaf.

HAVE HEART AND CONTINUE YOUR PRAYERS WITH MORE INCERITY. GOD BE WITH YOU!!

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:44 am

Believe that your prayers will work, I have read that if believer is being tested by a non-believer, then whatever the believer wants or needs will be very difficult to attain, but, if the believer is with like-minded people then the results are likely to be favorable (in due time). I hope that I expressed that right.

lluvia

Post by lluvia » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:31 am

:smt020 prayers will help if you belive it will :smt007 lluvia

ReikiMaster108

Post by ReikiMaster108 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:57 am

u must learn how to pray  too. :)

DragonKnight

Post by DragonKnight » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:42 am

Yes the common them with god is Faith the best evangilsts use fath to heal and pray faithfull. When jesus is in your life you know because your faith is solid [for the most part]

DK

ksri10

Post by ksri10 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:47 am

Prayer just has to be sincere and unconditional and ofcourse, regular too

lighting strikes twice

Re: Praying -does it really work?

Post by lighting strikes twice » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:00 pm

boertjie wrote:I am confused.  The Bible (God's Word) keeps telling us that if we pray, we will receive.  If this is true, why is that I feel prayers do not work?  Is it because I do not believe enough or that God is just not interested in me as I am a sinner?
We may ask many things of God to make our lives more comfortable, or tolerable but what we honestly seek is true joy and peace and our whole being crys out to God in a language not perceived by us. It is this cry in the wilderness of our lives that God hears us and has always heard and answered our prayers. We may not always get what we think we need to fill that despair and we do get - what we need to get - to enter into paradise. Hold on and have faith. :smt008

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:07 pm

Prayer is asking...Meditation is listening for the answers.  Prayer works if you BELIEVE...then let it go...throw your cares to the heavens, forget about your trouble, and don't obsess about the answer...it will come to you better than you ever imagined.

SingingBear

How Fast Do Miracles Happen? How Often are Prayers Answered?

Post by SingingBear » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:34 pm

For me Miracles happen as fast as I pray for them. But I have a drastically different definition of Miracle than most. I am from the  AA / NA Community. We are taught to revise what Miracles are and how often they occur.
Another bit of 12 step Wisdom is that "If there is no Divine Being Listening to your prayers then Talking to the Ceiling is Good For You."
Another aspect I truly believe is that my prayers are answered much more quickly if they are for someone else's benefit. That is don't pray for myself to receive benefit, ask the Gods help someone see how fast the prayer is answered.

Sommerstars8o8

Post by Sommerstars8o8 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:14 am

Believe   in the power of  a prayers   it does work :D

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:30 am

[quote="Sommerstars8o8"]Believe   in the power of  a prayers   it does work :D[/quote]

Absolutely in agreement!

How did you pray, when you arrived at the above point of understanding?

Several years ago, I throught I was at such a point in my life and trusting that perception of mine at that point as being important, essential and critical to my current lifeplan, I simply gave myself up, I opened fully and prayed...

Within days -- a response arrived which then I pursued doggedly for months, not letting the opportunity go because I really needed the 'opening' in a worldly sense, and I knew that *this* one was it!

But that moment of opening brought more, a lot more, not just in the worldly sense but in a sense that was soulful and what I will carry if I were to die soon, even tonight!

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:58 am

The key word...>BELIEVE< &nbsp; :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:09 am

[quote="kgirlsmomma"]The key word...>BELIEVE<   :)[/quote]

Sorry mom I disagree!

The keyword is: DO!

That is what my Mom and all Moms as I have observed have indicated!

You see, dear, believing alone is not enough in this reality! But DOING/ACTION takes it up one notch and that notch can make the difference between realizing and speculating!

The latter of which we see all over internet in one guise or form but the former, ONLY each of us can experience, when we are really ready!

Far be it for me a child on this forum to dare tell all that to one who confidently signs here as MOMMA!

Return to “Spirituality”