how true is religion

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

giggledoll00

how true is religion

Post by giggledoll00 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:13 pm

is one religion really the right way? with most fo the movies out, it kinda makes you believe in a little of this and that anyways, like serendipity and kismit. but really, whos to say whats right? i know its all what you believe and that makes it true to you, and happy brings happy, sad brings sad, but with most beliefs if your a non believer then when u die u go to puratory or whutever. how good is it to punish non believers?

ksri10

is one religion really the right way? with most fo the movie

Post by ksri10 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:35 pm

All religions are right is one basic way, which is, not to harm your neighbors.
As far as the Law of Nature is concerned, by which every creation is governed and whose supreme being is the Universal God, non believer of a religion goes the same way as a believer. This is so because, for God ( Universal God) is very fair and just, for both believers and non believers

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:29 pm

I think most religions are valid.  The ones that aren't are the ones based on control, manipulation, power and control or hatred.
Assuming most people follow a religion based on love and self empowerment, they are great.  It's what feeds a person's soul. If one does not feel that their spirituality/spirit/soul are being fed, then they need to find what does.
If sitting appreciating flowers does it for you and you feel empowered and well fed, enjoy all those flowers. ImageImage

cabhat

Post by cabhat » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:25 pm

Yes, I endorse the views expressed by my predecessors, I would add that the concept of creating the hell was to streamline the population and if not with love, with fear, one would start following the religion and once he starts, he perceives the benifits and would eventually become a staunch follower. At the end, I would say that no religion can actually punish the non-believers as one becomes a believer only from the state of non-believer!

ksri10

how true is religion

Post by ksri10 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:17 am

RELIGIOUS PATH IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS SPIRITUALITY..........

SingingBear

Post by SingingBear » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:45 pm

Religion is a Prism placed before the light of the Divine.
There are many Paths but only one Mountain
Many Wells but only one River.

acaveyogi

Re: how true is religion

Post by acaveyogi » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:44 am

giggledoll00 wrote:is one religion really the right way? with most fo the movies out, it kinda makes you believe in a little of this and that anyways, like serendipity and kismit. but really, whos to say whats right? i know its all what you believe and that makes it true to you, and happy brings happy, sad brings sad, but with most beliefs if your a non believer then when u die u go to puratory or whutever. how good is it to punish non believers?
Hi giggle, it is nice to meet you! I have spent my life studing your question. I love your question! The conclusion I came to is that it is about "Inter Religious dialog". All religions (at least origionally) create a path to the Divine. Some folks do consider some version of Satan stuff to be Divine. But just for the record, I do not agree with those folks. :) Ok?
Giggle wrote:sad brings sad, but with most beliefs if your a non believer then when u die u go to puratory or whutever. how good is it to punish non believers?
Giggle your above quote seems to have a "fundamentalist" Christian or Islam (or some other religion) input quality to it.  If one truly studies religious scripture one becomes aware of the fact that "The Divine" knows that we are all little folks that are in a state of ignorance. And that if we invoke "The Divine" from our hearts, that "The Divine" will help us sort things out (even after death). And based on my experience this is real.

Love!

acaveyogi

acaveyogi

Post by acaveyogi » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:03 am

SingingBear wrote:Religion is a Prism placed before the light of the Divine.
Hi SingingBear :) that was cool! I suspect that you are a mystic studing the experience :) and you are at the poetry stage.

All paths lead to the Divine, if that is one's true desire. All mountains and rivers are of the mind and this world's crumby programming. Singingbear, as long as you are looking for a mountain or a river you are never going to know the Divine. The Divine dwells in your "heart" or "It" doesn't :) no mountain or river! The Divine whispers gently to you. It is already there, you do not have to seek "It". Mountains and rivers are an illusion created by our minds.  

Love!

acaveyogi

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:36 am

acaveyogi wrote:
Hi SingingBear :) that was cool! I suspect that you are a mystic studing the experience :) and you are at the poetry stage.

All paths lead to the Divine, if that is one's true desire. All mountains and rivers are of the mind and this world's crumby programming. Singingbear, as long as you are looking for a mountain or a river you are never going to know the Divine. The Divine dwells in your "heart" or "It" doesn't :) no mountain or river! The Divine whispers gently to you. It is already there, you do not have to seek "It". Mountains and rivers are an illusion created by our minds.  

Hi Ace! Just thought to ask a question and sit back and listen to some great dialoguing! Transformation is an illusion as well, as is seeking--correct?

Love!

acaveyogi

acaveyogi

Post by acaveyogi » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:27 am

lighting strikes twice wrote:
acaveyogi wrote:

lighting wrote:Hi Ace! Just thought to ask a question and sit back and listen to some great dialoguing! Transformation is an illusion as well, as is seeking--correct?

Love!

acaveyogi
:) "Hi Ace" :) Humm?

"correct?'

"Conflict sells newspapers", which is the definition of "dialog" :)

So, "Be you hot or cold! If you are luke warm, I will spit you out!" :)

So lightning, are you into a dialog? Or are you into creating a "donnybrook" and just sitting back and watching the action?  Either way, I do not mind :) I will just follow you around and play in the "donnybrooks" that you create, until you are ignored. And I will alway be under the "radar" of management. "Ace" :)

You might be fun!

acaveyogi

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:59 am

acaveyogi wrote:
acaveyogi wrote:

lighting wrote:Hi Ace! Just thought to ask a question and sit back and listen to some great dialoguing! Transformation is an illusion as well, as is seeking--correct?

Love!

acaveyogi

"correct?'

So lightning, are you into a dialog? Or are you into creating a "donnybrook" and just sitting back and watching the action?  Either way, I do not mind :) I will just follow you around and play in the "donnybrooks" that you create, until you are ignored. And I will alway be under the "radar" of management. "Ace" :)

You might be fun!

acaveyogi

There was a yogi who lived in a cave. People would bring food and refreshment. He was there ten years!! He became a holy man and had devotee's. He was to do a lecture in New York. As he walked, someone brushed up against him and at that moment he became angry. So, we have are work to do in the cave but also in the market place as well!

acaveyogi

Post by acaveyogi » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:21 am

acaveyogi wrote:
acaveyogi wrote:

Love!

acaveyogi

"correct?'

You might be fun!

acaveyogi

There was a yogi who lived in a cave. People would bring food and refreshment. He was there ten years!! He became a holy man and had devotee's. He was to do a lecture in New York. As he walked, someone brushed up against him and at that moment he became angry. So, we have are work to do in the cave but also in the market place as well!
My anger is your anger. I actually have no anger. If I am not angry, then you and I have nothing in common, and you have no reality/world.

© 2008 acaveyogi

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:37 am

My anger is your anger. I actually have no anger. If I am not angry, then you and I have nothing in common, and you have no reality/world. (Quote Acaveyogi)

If what you say is true, back at you. Nobody Home

acaveyogi

Post by acaveyogi » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:38 pm

lighting strikes twice wrote:My anger is your anger. I actually have no anger. If I am not angry, then you and I have nothing in common, and you have no reality/world. (Quote Acaveyogi)

If what you say is true, back at you. Nobody Home
Poor Light"n"ing, he has no "n" in his Lightning. Anyway thanks for the heads up about New York :) I now ain't going to New York :) to "heck" with them!

Love you!

john

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:06 am

There was a man who had purposed to do harm to another man in another land. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE  :smt002

Return to “Spirituality”