Can teenagers also learn spiritualism? does age matter?

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:21 pm

spiritalk wrote:Power is an illusion. And we all know that saying about power. If everyone is capable, how is it about abilities? Would make me feel it is about much more than that. It's like the starting gates are open, but no one is moving.

Have you ever met someone who had the strongest and most vivid dreams and visions and then dismissed it as not for them?  My mother lived her life that way.  She would not acknowledge her own abilities.  It only takes acknowledging we have something that needs to be trained.  As a talent (music comes to mind - even a concert pianist has a teacher for the basic fingering) we can get a teacher for the basics and then practice to hone our own abilities.
Thanks Spiritalk

DragonKnight

Post by DragonKnight » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:51 am

experience matters the younger the more natural the older more intellectual

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:47 pm

WOW! Dragon: That was a real judgement!

DragonKnight

Post by DragonKnight » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:49 pm

i can formulate ideas effectively

and thank you

cwill472

Post by cwill472 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:59 am

Age shouldn't matter.  It all depends on the person's maturity level.

DragonKnight

Post by DragonKnight » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:08 am

They say you cant put a wise head on young sholder but i would as are you teaching these youth to be wise with your actions?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:44 pm

I like the way you expressed that Dragon.  You can't put a wise head on young shoulders.  Experience has a way of teaching well beyond anything another individual offers.  

With regard to the psychic abilities - anyone can open to these - a measure of maturity is seen in how they use them, wisely or otherwise.  Spirituality is always an option.

We can teach - open to others - the knowledge we have gleaned.  We can bring the student to the water, we can not make them drink.  They have to find out most things through their own personal responsibility.

I had a group and suggested a way or path - when they all went off on tangents the group as a whole ended.  Time tells all things - are their methods effective?  Even for themselves?  We can offer what works.......

sweetsaya

Post by sweetsaya » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:41 am

I don't think age matters, In my house my kids and I do everything together. When I ran out and brought Simply Tarot deck, I wasn't thinking about my kids learning. My daughter has taken over my deck, Now I feel no connection to the deck, I realized it belongs to her now. I watch her with her head buried in books and on line studying, makes me proud!!!!

By the why she's 11

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:18 pm

Teen-agers are perfectly capable of learning spiritualism..because they haven't been fully 'trained' in how to 'behave properly' on earth.  They are still free souls...like babies...and act on impulse & whim.  Actually, I believe it is harder for us adults to learn spirituality at times.

ksri10

hello, im just wondering if age matters for spiritualism. w

Post by ksri10 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:01 am

NOT only teenagers, but children of the age of twelve and below can show traits of spiritual wisdom and growth. It all depends on the child's previous advancement in his or her spiritual quest.

jigyasu

Post by jigyasu » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:30 am

i dont think people need to teach anything to teenagers. if they are happy with the way they are, which is  the aim of spirituality.
what i have seen with my frame or lens at this age is that everyone is lost. everyone is trying to make it, solve it!

when a birth is itself caused because their peace of tranquility was disturbed by desire or whatever big word u wanna put here.
what is important and what is not is like a rule.

all is important is u have to know how to make use of what u have. please dont say that spirituality teaches u that.
spirituality comes naturally. it cant be taught. it is between u and ur god state.
sports is such a refined state of meditation.
its the carpet u weave with ur efforts, for urself to stand on something, which may also helps others.

everyone is on a different quest. thats why we have different bodies.
the question is where to draw the line.
what is spirituality?
:smt017
being cold? being happy? being weird? being an outcast?
:smt020

Rohiniranjan

Re: Can teenagers also learn spiritualism? does age matter?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:36 am

[quote="WernerOne"]hello, im just wondering if age matters for spiritualism.  will it be harder/easier to learn? are their certain capabilites that a teenager can not learn? tc.

sorry, ive been asking alot of questions, most of them are still unresolved, is just that i am new to the forums and would like to know more. :D thanx in advanced.[/quote]

I suppose 'age' does matter for spiritualism because it generally ensures that the entity has had some time to experience different realities, many realities, and has seen the black, the white and quite a lot of grey :-) and thus is better rounded out and prepared to receive as opposed to not!

I am ofcourse speaking about the age of the incarnating self and not the INDIVIDUAL human being (age in earth years!).

The SOUL is ageless and timeless, but the slivers of it that get born and that we are aware of in one lifetime or another do have the constraints of time (time to be born, time to die!) and do accumulate experiences after having been around a few times!

The biological age does not necessarily mean a lot because a 16 year old could be well -- just as you would expect a 16 year old to be, but by the same token a 100 year old could suddenly realize that they are really only a five year old, in the soul years ;-)

Dode

Post by Dode » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:34 am

Being in the 40s (i can still say that) i think that the young NOW have the resources and the shoulders to help them along and learn what they are feeling, compared to me ALWAYS knowing their was something but the people i could talk to weren't at my fingertips.  i for many years knew when the phone was going to ring who was going to tell me they were pregnant on the other end, BUT people would just laugh and i would put that knowledge on the back burner till i felt presences in houses, people would laugh back on the back burner.  Now with sites like MB i can come on and ask why, who, what and someone here can say, i think i can help.  do you know how wonderful that feels at any age!

i think any age can have spirituality and any age (novice here) can learn.

Feeling good, Dodie

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:20 am

[quote="Dode"]Being in the 40s (i can still say that) i think that the young NOW have the resources and the shoulders to help them along and learn what they are feeling, compared to me ALWAYS knowing their was something but the people i could talk to weren't at my fingertips.  i for many years knew when the phone was going to ring who was going to tell me they were pregnant on the other end, BUT people would just laugh and i would put that knowledge on the back burner till i felt presences in houses, people would laugh back on the back burner.  Now with sites like MB i can come on and ask why, who, what and someone here can say, i think i can help.  do you know how wonderful that feels at any age!

i think any age can have spirituality and any age (novice here) can learn.

Feeling good, Dodie[/quote]

Dear Dodie,

The one part of your sharing that I disagree with is where you wrote:
"...i think any age can have spirituality..."

I would have worded it slightly differently as:
"...I think any age MUST have spirituality..."

I know what you mean and how you feel! But please, don't just wait and watch for evolution to happen! Make it happen! Mother Nature does not plan and micromanage evolution, be it physical, mental, societal or spiritual!

But she allows creation to unfold and evolve! Just keeping an eye on failed experiments and useless explorations to not muddy up the pure signal with their noise!

Return to “Spirituality”