DIVINE REST

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

KHEM

DIVINE REST

Post by KHEM » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:26 am

There is no music during a musical rest, yet the rest itself is an important part of making music.

In the melody of our lives, the music is separated here and there by rests – physical sickness, unforeseen delays, disappointed plans and frustrated efforts. A sudden pause in the vibrational flow that is our lives occurs, and often we lament that our voices must become silent. We feel constricted that we cannot engage with the unfolding opus of our experience, the music that continually rises to greet the ear of our Creator.

Yet how does a musician read a rest? He patiently counts the break in the sound with unwavering precision, and plays his or her next note with confidence as if no pause occurred at all.

The silence of God is at work during the rest, infusing our plans with His Grace, His Blessing, and Benevolent Oversight.

Rests are not to be hurried over nor skipped; we should also not become discouraged nor disheartened, abandoning the melody of co-creation we are actuating with the Divine. If only we will look up and out, we shall see that God is keeping perfect time.

“Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10
Attachments
Happiness.jpg
Happiness.jpg (34.33 KiB) Viewed 2564 times

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:06 am

Well chosen image

acaveyogi

Post by acaveyogi » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:34 am

lighting strikes twice wrote:Well chosen image
:) that is definitely lighting striking twice!

I agree with "Lighting's post :) !

acaveyogi :)

acaveyogi

Re: DIVINE REST

Post by acaveyogi » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:11 am

KHEM wrote:There is no music during a musical rest, yet the rest itself is an important part of making music.

In the melody of our lives, the music is separated here and there by rests – physical sickness, unforeseen delays, disappointed plans and frustrated efforts. A sudden pause in the vibrational flow that is our lives occurs, and often we lament that our voices must become silent. We feel constricted that we cannot engage with the unfolding opus of our experience, the music that continually rises to greet the ear of our Creator.

Yet how does a musician read a rest? He patiently counts the break in the sound with unwavering precision, and plays his or her next note with confidence as if no pause occurred at all.

The silence of God is at work during the rest, infusing our plans with His Grace, His Blessing, and Benevolent Oversight.

Rests are not to be hurried over nor skipped; we should also not become discouraged nor disheartened, abandoning the melody of co-creation we are actuating with the Divine. If only we will look up and out, we shall see that God is keeping perfect time.

“Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10
KHEM, I guess I am somewhat being compelled to be mouthy about your post/topic/thread. First of all I am a child relative to you. There is no getting around it.

So anyway based on my experience as a younger person you are really right! And also based on my experience as a yogi mystic, you are attempting to share some really "esoteric" concepts with others.

Which is ok.  The mouthy part of my post in your topic/thread is, "How can I help you do what you are doing?" And just for the record, "How does a younger person help with out getting in the way?"

KHEM, what you are attempting to share with others in this topic/thread is the "Key" to everything, if one is interested in this stuff. And you have time and grade. And I am only fifty-eight :)

Please forgive me, but i want to help and to get to know you better. You are a treasure! At least to me as a younger person reality. I ain't looking for a master. I just want to interact with a fellow/person that has been there. And compare notes :) I am headed your way. Ok?

You are love!

john acaveyogi mystic

TuomasT

Post by TuomasT » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:27 am

Gospel of Thomas verse 50:

"If they ask you, 'What is the evidence of your Father in you?' say to them, 'It is motion and rest."

http://users.misericordia.edu//davies/thomas/Trans.htm

Return to “Spirituality”