GOD IS WITH FORM OR WITHOUT FORM

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:35 pm

btw, thank you for that post.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:46 am

looking_glass wrote:btw, thank you for that post.

Your welcome!

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:44 pm

looking_glass wrote:
lighting strikes twice wrote:I understand where you are coming from and yet, I believe that the devotee is closer to God, who is in this condition, for he begins to surrender. The mind is a wonderful servant and a lousy master as the saying goes, and I am convinced that at some point in the devotee's journey that the mind also must drop off. After all, what we perceive has been conditioned not only because of the limitations of the flesh, eyes, nose, ears and also are perceptions are framed much in part due to our upbringing by parents and culture. The conceptual self is in the place of God and hides God from us. For me to be a true seeker, I believe I must question my very own perception of who I think I am and what I have been told I am and how the world flows. The heart is the spiritual heart but who can know it? We sit in our spiritual heart and watch the entire drama that we call our life and we watch the idea permeate the different levels and manifest.
I understand. As I said, I feel the mind keeps us back or it propels us, but we cannot know this unless we shed the mind as you have said. I believe none is closer nor farther from God than the other, but by giving in/letting things be/seek from within our spiritual heart this makes one more aware of their relationship with God. It is then that one begins to see they are not separate, above, nor below.

Have we begun in the Light, or the oneness? When we speak of our interpersonal relationship with God, I find that to be a hype. There is no subject-object experience in the One.

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:49 pm

lighting strikes twice wrote:
looking_glass wrote:
lighting strikes twice wrote:I understand where you are coming from and yet, I believe that the devotee is closer to God, who is in this condition, for he begins to surrender. The mind is a wonderful servant and a lousy master as the saying goes, and I am convinced that at some point in the devotee's journey that the mind also must drop off. After all, what we perceive has been conditioned not only because of the limitations of the flesh, eyes, nose, ears and also are perceptions are framed much in part due to our upbringing by parents and culture. The conceptual self is in the place of God and hides God from us. For me to be a true seeker, I believe I must question my very own perception of who I think I am and what I have been told I am and how the world flows. The heart is the spiritual heart but who can know it? We sit in our spiritual heart and watch the entire drama that we call our life and we watch the idea permeate the different levels and manifest.
I understand. As I said, I feel the mind keeps us back or it propels us, but we cannot know this unless we shed the mind as you have said. I believe none is closer nor farther from God than the other, but by giving in/letting things be/seek from within our spiritual heart this makes one more aware of their relationship with God. It is then that one begins to see they are not separate, above, nor below.

Have we begun in the Light, or the oneness? When we speak of our interpersonal relationship with God, I find that to be a hype. There is no subject-object experience in the One.
When I said relationship, I didn't mean it in the sense of friends, you and I, he or she, but how one sees them self in relation to God, ie position. Neither here nor there. Hope that makes sense.

AMANUSH-FORCE

Post by AMANUSH-FORCE » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:07 pm

Veda says that God is unimaginable.  But God comes in human form, which is useful to the humanity in all directions.  The main aim of the human form is preaching Divine Knowledge.  That is why God has taken a human form which is very much useful to the humanity in various angles.

if you say god comes in human form ,that means  god is not present in all the human forms.this means that god who has taken human form is superior than other human beings while other are inferior ....

how can god play game of inferiority or superiority when god is infinite which consists both
inferior and superior
valley and peak
material and divine

:smt020

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:16 pm

looking_glass wrote:
looking_glass wrote:

When I said relationship, I didn't mean it in the sense of friends, you and I, he or she, but how one sees them self in relation to God, ie position. Neither here nor there. Hope that makes sense.

Hello Looking-Glass. I understood your meaning. My meaning may be expressed in terms of a drop water and the ocean. God is the ocean and you-your the drop of water. Once the two make contact-what happens?

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:28 pm

looking_glass wrote:
looking_glass wrote:

Hello Looking-Glass. I understood your meaning. My meaning may be expressed in terms of a drop water and the ocean. God is the ocean and you-your the drop of water. Once the two make contact-what happens?
Gotcha. There is no longer a drop, just the ocean.

panky1987

Post by panky1987 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:05 pm

Beyond Form and Formless what do you have?

panky1987

Post by panky1987 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:06 pm

Beyond Form and Formless what do you have?

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:20 pm

panky1987 wrote:Beyond Form and Formless what do you have?

That can not be intellectually explained, only experienced.

dattaswami

Every body is not God

Post by dattaswami » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:25 am

AMANUSH-FORCE wrote:[
if you say god comes in human form ,that means  god is not present in all the human forms.this means that god who has taken human form is superior than other human beings while other are inferior ....

how can god play game of inferiority or superiority when god is infinite which consists both
inferior and superior
valley and peak
material and divine

:smt020 [/b]
God comes in human form for the sake of humanity only, so that one can appraoch Him without any tension and fear and clear all their doubts, they can see Him, touch Him, talk to Him and co-live with Him. God created this entire universe for His entertainment. If He pervades all over the universe then the enterainment is not obtained, because seer and seen should be different. Lord enters a most suitable medium, which is suitable for preaching. He select a deserving devotee known as 'Son of God'. The human incarnation is a 2-in-1 system in which Son of God and God co-exists in the human body of the human incarnation. Human incarnation is the correct place of God. Other wise appraoching invisible, incomprehsensbile God is impossible for human beings. Only thorugh present human incaranation one can experince God. He is the correct place of God. There is no question of inferiority here. Human beings should be happy to have such facility to interact with God directly. Infact now they are blessed since GOd is available to them in the most convenient medium, the same medium of themselfves.

For More Readings:
Divine Disourse Volume No-1, Vol -2 Vol-3 Vol No-4   Vol No-5, VolNo-6, Vol No-7, Vol No-8 , Vol No-9 Vol No-10  Mahima-Yamuna--Divine-Miracles

Return to “Spirituality”