Karma vs destiny

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:35 pm

You see this is one of the problems I have with the bible. In the first part it's a vengeful god who 'looks after' his chosen people. unless of course they want to have a look at something else or indeed nothing.
In the second part the New Testament he's suddenly morphed into this other figure, this god of love, turn the other cheek, I might not get round to f******** you over while you're alive but I'll get round to you when you're dead.
Two completely different entities and then to add interest this 'Thou shalt have no other god but me type' splits into 3 - how confusing is that, where did it come from?
Did god waken up one day and say to himself, " You know I'm bored being omnipotetnt and omniscient, I'm not going to tell anyone but I'm going to divide my self up, still being omniscient etc.of course 'cos I don't want to give that bit up. I know I'll do it just like one of those amoeba thingamabobs I made a while ago'.
Nope, sorry, not for me.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:03 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:You see this is one of the problems I have with the bible. In the first part it's a vengeful god who 'looks after' his chosen people. unless of course they want to have a look at something else or indeed nothing.
In the second part the New Testament he's suddenly morphed into this other figure, this god of love, turn the other cheek, I might not get round to f******** you over while you're alive but I'll get round to you when you're dead.
Two completely different entities and then to add interest this 'Thou shalt have no other god but me type' splits into 3 - how confusing is that, where did it come from?
Did god waken up one day and say to himself, " You know I'm bored being omnipotetnt and omniscient, I'm not going to tell anyone but I'm going to divide my self up, still being omniscient etc.of course 'cos I don't want to give that bit up. I know I'll do it just like one of those amoeba thingamabobs I made a while ago'.
Nope, sorry, not for me.
Maybe if you were able to think in terms of Love when it comes to why He divided Himself up? He wanted to share all that He has - with you! That's why it is said, in so many words, of what value is it to have it all and yet not have love - it is nothing! Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship. Why should I lie? We accept so many other things on the basis of faith because we trust whats being said as truth. Faith is key here and you know that. To understand things of the spirit, we must ask Him for help with our unbelief and He will help!!  :) All in all, you and I are here and your cool with me  :smt006

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:31 pm

God does not have a couple of buckets with ladels from which comes retribution on the one hand, nor compensation on the other.  It is a matter of learning and using earth's lessons.  With an ethical code in order used for good living, it will put your spirituality at the level you have attained.  That is just as everyone else has this same responsibility to learn and grow.  Its not about the punishment, it is about the spiritual lessons.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:12 pm

Try this on for size, lets eliminate, all terms we choose not to hear and think of it in terms of consciousness-our waking consciousness to be more specific and than we have another state of consciousness, that's the flip side of this one. Totally opposite.
So, translation, or knowledge turned to wisdom, we apply Bible statements such as Thou Shalt Not Steal-into - Thou shalt not fall asleep and steal from yourself. The Oneness (us) concept. That's what you learn finally!

Diya

Post by Diya » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:34 pm

Karma vs destiny [How much is preordained and how much is in our hands?]
My whole life, i believed that some decisions were in our hands... that god had given us the opportunity to choose between the wrong and the right. i believed in karma...."what u sow is what u reap"!!!
but these past 2 years , through my meagre experiences i've come to know that nothing is in our hands..everything is preordained. All the decisions we take is pre-determine.  however hard it may take me to accept it destiny is my ultimate truth!!

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:59 pm

Diya wrote:
My whole life, i believed that some decisions were in our hands... that god had given us the opportunity to choose between the wrong and the right. i believed in karma...."what u sow is what u reap"!!!
but these past 2 years , through my meagre experiences i've come to know that nothing is in our hands..everything is preordained. All the decisions we take is pre-determine.  however hard it may take me to accept it destiny is my ultimate truth!!

You have been touched  :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:03 pm

Diya wrote:
As stated we have consciousness - it works with us at times and sometimes when we don't realize it - it can work against us.  How much of all circumstances in our lives are predetermined?  When, in all reality, we are making choices all the time!  And sometimes we just don't know how or why we make the choices we do!

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:20 pm

Point one-we do not create! Point two-God creates! He is the creator and the destroyer. He is the Law of the Universe. You may pray but it is He who will manifest positive or negative back into our lives. It is true what you sow is what you reap but that does not entitle you to ascribe - what is only ascribed to the God of the universe.

pranay

Post by pranay » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:50 am

If every action of ours was preordained by God, then why would he ask us to do wrong? Arn't the wrong deeds done by us mortals ourselves?

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:19 pm

pranay wrote:If every action of ours was preordained by God, then why would he ask us to do wrong? Arn't the wrong deeds done by us mortals ourselves?

Very good question! God is not the author of evil, nor does He tempt and at the same time, His Will is sovereign and can not be moved by any man, or force. He has purposed in His Heart and when His Hand reaches forth, it does not come back empty! At one level, we have our own intent for what we do, rather than what God would have us do and yet, His Purposes and Will is fulfilled!  Paradoxical but not impossible.  :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:39 pm

lighting strikes twice wrote:Point one-we do not create! Point two-God creates! He is the creator and the destroyer. He is the Law of the Universe. You may pray but it is He who will manifest positive or negative back into our lives. It is true what you sow is what you reap but that does not entitle you to ascribe - what is only ascribed to the God of the universe.
And the God within as well!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:41 pm

lighting strikes twice wrote:
pranay wrote:If every action of ours was preordained by God, then why would he ask us to do wrong? Arn't the wrong deeds done by us mortals ourselves?

Very good question! God is not the author of evil, nor does He tempt and at the same time, His Will is sovereign and can not be moved by any man, or force. He has purposed in His Heart and when His Hand reaches forth, it does not come back empty! At one level, we have our own intent for what we do, rather than what God would have us do and yet, His Purposes and Will is fulfilled!  Paradoxical but not impossible.  :)

And for that don't see God in this controlling manner?  We have personal responsibility in our lives and when we don't exercise it, the natural law of life will occur.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:31 pm

spiritalk wrote:

And for that don't see God in this controlling manner?  We have personal responsibility in our lives and when we don't exercise it, the natural law of life will occur.
And who therefor have resisted His Will? Why than does He still find fault? Why did He make me like this? One vessel unto honor and another unto dishonor? Look at Essau and Jacob!! He loved one and hated the other and it was said by God, that the elder would serve the younger. Is there unrighteousness with God, for the kids were not born yet and done no evil? And who are we-to question Him who made us? Does not the potter have power over the clay? Bible dialog-Roman  chapter 8? I think.

pranay

Post by pranay » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:45 pm

spiritalk wrote:

And who therefor have resisted His Will? Why than does He still find fault? Why did He make me like this? One vessel unto honor and another unto dishonor? Look at Essau and Jacob!! He loved one and hated the other and it was said by God, that the elder would serve the younger. Is there unrighteousness with God, for the kids were not born yet and done no evil? And who are we-to question Him who made us? Does not the potter have power over the clay? Bible dialog-Roman  chapter 8? I think.
Now, I understand. So ultimately we ourselves our responsible for our ownd deeds.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:52 pm

Now you see it!

Return to “Spirituality”