So is the soul immortal... or not?

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Silvernight

So is the soul immortal... or not?

Post by Silvernight » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:58 pm

I am a firm believer in reincarnation. I have always thought that the individual soul is immortal and goes through the continuous string of incarnations in order to learn, improve, perfect itself, etc. I've read, however, an opinion that an individual 'personal' soul is just an illusion and it disintegrates as soon as the current body is dead. In fact, the past lives you remember are not really your very own past lives but.. erm.. the form (I did not exactly understand whether the form means a body or sth else) is comprised of cells that had already gone through many lifetimes and therefore you have memory of them. Something like that. Slag, I'm not explaining it very well.   That's because I didn't really understand myself. But one thing is clear, according to that point of view, the soul (our individual consciousness) as it is begins and ends with the current body. In this understanding, it seems that the soul is very much mortal.

Here's the link where I read this stuff, perhaps someone else will make better sense of it.

http://www.giftsofguidance.com/pages/jrny.html

I'm very much interested in everyone else's opinion. Does the soul disintegrate into primary particles upon death or not?

Sorry if I posted this is in the wrong forum.

Return to “Spirituality”