SO,does EGO stop spiritual growth

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

void

SO,does EGO stop spiritual growth

Post by void » Sun May 18, 2008 8:13 am

It is the only thing that needs to be overcome ,to enrich growth spiritually

what are your thoughts

please no opinions on others post ,let them have there veiw

thanx

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sun May 18, 2008 8:39 am

This is what Osho had to say about Ego. Posted this in Meditation and Mind Control Forum in Chapter No.38 in the Thread Titled : Meditation Chapter No.38. Read all the chapters to know what are the other things to transform from negative to positive to reach the Ultimate.

I said earlier that the same people who are very sexual are the people who experience real celibacy, because the same sexual energy is transformed and becomes celibacy for them. But when the ego disappears it does not change into something else, because in the first place it was only ignorance. There is no question of its transformation: it was only an illusion. It is as if someone in the darkness thinks that a rope is a snake, but when he gets closer he sees that it is really a rope. Then if you ask him, "What became of teh snake?" he will say, "Nothing became of the snake. There never was a snake. " There is no question that it has changed into something else.

In the same way, the ego is the result of a misunderstanding about your being. It is a deluded perception of being. To think that the ego is the being is the same as thinking that a rope is a snake. As you reach closer to your being you will find that ego does not exist. So it will not transform into anything else -- there is no question of a transformation because it simply doesn't exist. It was only an illusion which appeared to be there. Ego is ignorance, not energy -- but if there is ignorance it causes you to misuse your energies.What happens in ignorance is the misuse of your energies.

So remember, there will be no change to the ego, there will be no transformation because it simply doesn't exist. It was only an illusion which appeared to be there. Ego is ignorance, not energy -- but if there is ignorance it causes you to misuse your energies. What happens in ignorance is the misuse of your energies.

So remember, there will be no change to the ego, there will be no transformation. The ego will simply disappear. It is not an energy in that sense.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun May 18, 2008 1:03 pm

The ego is a  hard and fast complex in the physical/material body.  It comes with the body to help motivate and direct the thinking and actions of consciousness.  We are a body, mind, spirit in balance while in the material life.  It is only at death the spirit separates and allows the body to die.

While the ego will die with the body, it has motivated through the balance of body, mind, spirit during the lifetime.  It has allowed and even enhanced the learning process.  And the lessons we needed for spirituality required it to motivate our focus and direction.

There is no part of being human that should be eliminated from our learning process.  We can change and retrain any complex, but elimination means we consider it of no value to our living and loving.

whiteheart

The Ego

Post by whiteheart » Sun May 18, 2008 11:41 pm

The ego will always say I am right, and therefore  this thread will and could go on forever, I am right about this  :smt003 :smt037

If I walked into a room full of crippled children then, I would say there is no room for an ego because my ego would have been replaced by emotions

:smt057     :smt058  :smt008  :smt014  :smt018  :smt017   :smt064 :smt075  :smt021  :smt022

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Mon May 19, 2008 2:34 am

I believe the ego can be released to the I Am Presence, or to Divinity.  I believe that ego believes it has a certain job to take care of us and really does it's best.  When we start to release ourselves in every way, in all parts of our lives to the I Am Presence/Divinity, the ego really has no job to do any more.
So releasing it to Divinity so it has opportunity to grow and become more itself, with a great deal of love and gratitude, is optimal for ego and for us.
It can take time because ego really has done the job for a long time.  
I do think it is a wonderful gift to give ego.

So........ no, ego does not stop spiritual growth.  It can be a part of the growth given the room, love and opportunity.
Last edited by tourbi on Mon May 19, 2008 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

drrnwynbchnbrgr

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Mon May 19, 2008 3:38 am

ego  =  earth guided only   we must learn to release from ego and return to source  that which we all came from  

Dr wayne w dyer  is a great source of inspiration  / on the topic  of ego and source energy

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Mon May 19, 2008 6:16 am

I believe ego hinders true spiritual growth. Knowledge without wisdom and humility is nothing.

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon May 19, 2008 11:29 am

The EGO forms part of our everyday life.
OK say we got the Unconditional love in us.With this Love there is an absence of Ego.Everyone I beleive have the ability to remove that ego for at least one second and feel that love.If anyone try it and tell how it felt ??

The next step to it what did you feel when you were in that LOVE?Have you willed for something for yourself while in that state?Have you willed to strive and achieve your goal?Were your goals of importance to you in that very second?Goals inludign spiritual ones too.

Ego is the generator of other aspects of yourself.Those aspects can be negative and positive.it's you who knows in which direction you should direct it.

dhav ;-)

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Mon May 19, 2008 4:32 pm

dhav wrote:The EGO forms part of our everyday life.
OK say we got the Unconditional love in us.With this Love there is an absence of Ego.Everyone I beleive have the ability to remove that ego for at least one second and feel that love.If anyone try it and tell how it felt ??

The next step to it what did you feel when you were in that LOVE?Have you willed for something for yourself while in that state?Have you willed to strive and achieve your goal?Were your goals of importance to you in that very second?Goals inludign spiritual ones too.

Ego is the generator of other aspects of yourself.Those aspects can be negative and positive.it's you who knows in which direction you should direct it.

dhav ;-)
Then the question becomes, in that state/second, should you have willed something for yourself, or for the greater good? And if it was for yourself, is that not ego speaking out saying, me first, the I'll deal with the rest?

OR

If it was true unconditional love, then we would understand that there is no need to ask nor will anything because we would understand and accept ourselves and others as they are.

Return to “Spirituality”