I Believe in Angels

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

shadowrnmom

I Believe in Angels

Post by shadowrnmom » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:14 am

:) First, I want to tell you I am a two time cancer survivor. The first time I just brushed off the breast cancer with a simple lumpectomy, but a year later, 2006, it came back full force and in March of that year I had a bilateral mastectomy. The social worker asked me if I was ready to die, but I told her, "Hell no! I have too many quilts to make!" I had just lost my mom the previous August to breast and brain cancer. During chemo, I had an adverse reaction, and went into cardiac failure. I suppose I was unconcious, but when I was in the ED, I could hear the doctors and nurses shouting and saying things like my pulse was only 30 and they were having a hard time trying to get IVs in me. I remember looking up and standing at the end of the stretcher was my grandmother, for whom I was named, and one of my favorite aunts. They were so calm and peaceful. They smiled and shook their heads and said "No, it's not your time" and then they left. 2 days later I woke up in the ICU. This is a true story. As a nurse, I have had many patients tell me they have talked to their loved ones and found peace and then later died. There is a heaven. There is a better place. I am not ready to go yet, but I am not afraid to die. There is a wonderful book out now called Do Dead People Watch You Shower? I highly recommend it. Peace to all!

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:17 pm

That was fantastic. Thanks for sharing that shadowrnmom! Take it easy.

Rising_Sun

Post by Rising_Sun » Tue May 13, 2008 9:07 am

Congrats on your victories! that was an awesome story. I believe in angels too and i think your angels and beloved relatives that passed away are always looking after you. Thanks for the book recommendation, i will buy it if i get the chance to find it

starsign20002000

Post by starsign20002000 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:38 am

Great story, it was sad to hear about your cancer but it is great that you have overcome that battle.  If I have a chance to read the book I will.  Thanks for sharing.

lluvia

I BELIEVE

Post by lluvia » Wed May 14, 2008 1:54 am

:smt006 HI SWEETIE I BELIEVE IN ANGELS TOO,IM GLAD EVERY THINGS IS WELL  :smt007 LLUVIA
Attachments
angel book.gif
angel book.gif (179.68 KiB) Viewed 4127 times

Reshama

Post by Reshama » Wed May 14, 2008 5:18 pm

Hi I do believe..
and also will like to read this book..
Thanks for the name..

Reshama

Post by Reshama » Wed May 14, 2008 5:19 pm

Hi I do believe..
and also will like to read this book..
Thanks for the name..

parallelmessages

Post by parallelmessages » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:47 pm

What a truly inspiring story..thank you for sharing.
I recently lost my brother to aml3 leukemia after a five year battle.  I was his bone marrow donor.  He always called me his angel and I know he is looking out for me.
The weekend before he passed away he kept trying to speak to me but was having trouble due to being intebated.  When I finally understood what he was struggling with I realized he was saying "grandma" I was instantly in tears as both of our grandmothers have been dead for many years.  It was at this point when I knew he wouldn't be with us long as our grandmothers had come to him to let him know they were waiting on him.  Two days later I watched him take his last breath.
So, congratulations on your victory over your fight with cancer and again thank you for sharing your wonderful story.

kybunker

Post by kybunker » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:21 pm

Paralle You gave me the goosebumps!
After being in the medical field, I've held many hands as their time came,
It is truely magical, The peace that's encountered, The world they head into,
Sorry if I offend anyone that has not come to peace with the fact of death yet.

Molissa

Post by Molissa » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:14 am

I too believe.
I too am a cancer survivor.
thanks y'all for sharing your stories.

Hurricane Shannon

What an awesome blessing you are!

Post by Hurricane Shannon » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:12 pm

Thank you for sharing your story... my grandmother had a similiar experience when she was hit by a car as a teenager... her brother came to see her (he had died in WWII, being about 10 yrs older) and to this day she says she's at peace when her time does come.  She's been one of the biggest blessings in my life, as I'm sure you are to your loved ones as well.  Can't wait to meet you when I get there!!!

janke

Angels

Post by janke » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:21 am

This is beautiful, I cant understand that there are really people who dont believe that angels exist

quazpac

I Love YOU

Post by quazpac » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:34 pm

I just read your post , I'm a new comer around here. I really don't know how things operate just yet but As i'm typing this reply tears fall down my face slowly I feel as though I know you, I guess I say that because i lost my earthly father in October of 03 he died in my arms lucky me huh. On top of that my earthly mother have had the same battle as you ,she has beaten the odds twice just like you. You see all of my earthly mothers family is dead and I really don't know my earthly father's family that well so if the higher power decides to take her that leaves me all alone so what i'm really trying to get to is that I honor the respect and LOVE you have for my heavenly Father he guides and talk to me all he time (that doesn't mean i listen all the time) javascript:emoticon(':smt016')
javascript:emoticon(':smt016') but i try Just want you to know I LOVE YOU TOO

Clay.Aiken

I believe in Angels too

Post by Clay.Aiken » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:28 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us sweetie, I will keep you in my prayers, and may GOD keep you free of cancer.
God Bless You
Clay

Jolyn Woods

Post by Jolyn Woods » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:13 pm

Good for you!!!  My mom is a canser surviver too. It takes great strength and courage to beat it, so you go girl. Nothing can bring you down, just like my mom!

Return to “Spirituality”