What is Spirituality?

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dhav

What is Spirituality?

Post by dhav » Sat May 24, 2008 12:54 am

A basic question here that has been bugging me lately.What is spirituality exactly?Your insights if any please. :smt003

Azhar

Post by Azhar » Sat May 24, 2008 6:39 am

Brifly in one one line,Philosophically endless discussion.
To me spirituality is a way to reach God.
Azhar

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon May 26, 2008 12:12 am

I thought about it.I think spirituality is to connect with the spirit within each one of us and within we find the God or Divine Power we search for.

Azure

Post by Azure » Tue May 27, 2008 10:55 am

Caring for the spirit?

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Tue May 27, 2008 5:04 pm

I have some interest in spirituality because some times its very much linked to mental health.

The definition from my own perspective and the guidelines in which i practice is:-

"In healthcare, spirituality is identified with experiencing a deep-seated sense of meaning and purpose in life, together with a sense of belonging. It is about acceptance, integration and wholeness."

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue May 27, 2008 5:26 pm

Spirituality

Spirituality is understood to be a broader concept than religion. Murray and Zentner (1989) define spirituality as a quality that goes beyond religious affiliation, that strives for inspiration, reverence, awe, meaning, and purpose, even in those who do not believe in God.

The spiritual dimension, they suggest, tries to be in harmony with the universe, strives for answers about the infinite, and comes into focus when a person faces emotional stress, physical illness or death.

In a spiritual practice, a person might take walks in nature, converse about meaning in events, meditate, or read to explore the infinite.

Most people experience some tension between spirituality and religion and might ask questions, such as: Is my own experience a more accurate picture of my "truth" than the religious system or tradition in which I practice? In addition, certain experiences, such as marriage or death, may cause individuals to reevaluate the answers given by their faith traditions.

What is spirituality?

By Lucille O’Donnell

Celtic communities have a great tradition of constituting a blessing in almost every area of human life, the family, work, meal table, a journey, the sick, the seasons of the year, the home, and so forth. One such blessing is, "May this home and all therein be blessed with God’s love." This is a way for the Irish to connect all of life and to link the sacred with the secular.

Spirituality is not a separate department of life but a vital awareness that it pervades all aspects of our being. When we garden, bring in the harvest, cook, play music or have dinner with good friends, we are spiritual. Father Michael Himes defines spirituality as anything having to do with the impact of the Gospel on every dimension of the human person. Spirituality draws us together as a community.

Spirituality strives for inspiration, reverence, awe, meaning and purpose. It tries to be in harmony with the universe and strives for answers about the infinite.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue May 27, 2008 5:35 pm

dear all,

I do agree with our suzisco and Azarji   ,about what is spirituality?   They both are correct.,  i  request  u   all  to read the meaning of spirituality i posted here just now.

with thanks and prayers,

prasanna

L, K L.

priya159

hi

Post by priya159 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:06 am

sprituality comes frm the word sprit. so it say lot abt it.
weh u come to know that the matierial body is not permanent.
when u indulge in meterial desires and want to hold it on forever and u reliase everting in nature is impermanent.
but stil u feel someting inside u  is always there. then u know there is more truth than ur parents and socitry know a little or nothing.
that is called sprituality.

Azhar

Post by Azhar » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:37 am

One day a man asked a sufi-sheikh how to reach God:
'The Way to God' the sheikh replied, 'are many as they are created beings.
But the shortest and easiest is to serve others, not to bother others, and to make others happy.'
Abu Said, may Allah sanctify his soul & bless his secret
Azhar

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:53 pm

THANKS FOR SHARING, AZARJI.

WITH REGARDS

prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT.

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:17 am

Spirituality to me is discovering that lifelong ambitions of acquiring things is a total waste of time in the long run, because they are not everlasting. The spirit realm is everlasting however. I write that and kind of bite my tongue at the same time because I like to have toys.

Jahko

Post by Jahko » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:41 am

Spirituality may truly be undefinable, but I say it is to materiality what heads is to tails or day is to night or right is to left... For I, spirituality is empty without materiality to give it form just as materiality is empty without spirituality to give to envibe it. One cannot be without the other. My spirit moves my material and my material expess my spirit.

Alijay

Post by Alijay » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:12 pm

I found this quote last week while doing abit of net surfing!!
"Religion is for those who are afraid to go to hell,
   Spirituality is for those who have already been there"
                                     Quote by   Ross.V.  A.A

Jolyn Woods

Post by Jolyn Woods » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:43 pm

Spirituality is finding yourself. Your true inner or higher self, your soul. Once you do that,  your Lady and Lord are there patiently waiting!

Return to “Spirituality”