Spirituality and Religion

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ParadiseLost

Spirituality and Religion

Post by ParadiseLost » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:31 am

The relation between religion and spirituality is often very confusing! Many people claim that those who do not follow their respective religious doctrines and rules can never attain salvation. as if god has become a personal property of professional priests and religious followers and has got nothing to do with people who beleive in natural spirituality and atheism who do not beleive in idolatry and doctrines.

Please comment

Crow

Post by Crow » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:41 am

:smt003

ParadiseLost,

My eldest daughter just told me today that she was crying in the car when her dad and step mom said that I was going to hell. This was said when she revealed to them that she wanted to be just like me.  I practice Wicca.  But I am still unsure of what religion I really belong to.  I would say that I am more spiritual than religious.  It just makes me so mad that her dad would tell his little girl that her mom was going to hell!  

I so agree with you.  Many but not all condemn if you do not follow "Their" rules. But I have really close friends that are from different backgrounds who do not.  In the end I think it comes down to the individual rather than the religion.

Safe Journey

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:01 pm

With the drastic changing energies of our world it is going to matter nothing what religion you follow.  God will be watching us all in service and love to one another.  Service and love will be more needed than ever before as we struggle to find our spirituality.  

If spirituality is found in religion then that is what you will follow.  But religion is not the only venue for spirituality.  And that is the criteria we must follow to find our own spirituality.  

God loves us all!

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:43 pm

Everyone is on a spiritual path, whether they think it, like it, or not.  Even atheism.  Everyone is on a journey to learn a lesson..whatever that may be.   For each individual, whatever path they have chosen is the right one for them.  It may change..it may not...we are not to judge.

Return to “Spirituality”