God is energy?

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

God is energy?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:05 am

I would like to discuss with other members a theory which I recently discovered on the internet, relating to the true nature of God as a form of energy, from which all other forms of energy are continually being created.

For the purposes of this I wish to direct you to the following article as a beginning point for our discussion.

"Defining the concept of God as energy" by Murali Chemuturi

http://freethoughtnation.com/defining-t ... as-energy/

I must however warn you that if you are of a deeply religious nature and are easily offended by any suggestion that your religious beliefs may not be telling you the whole truth about who or what God is, then please do not continue to do an internet search for the article to which I have referred.

It should go without saying that I respect the right of everyone to hold their own religious beliefs without having to feel under attack for having them.

But as a member I also have a right to my own beliefs in this area, and my feeling is that by bringing science and religion closer together in greater harmony with one another, that a concept of God as an infinite source of creative energy which can work through each of us to bring peace, love and healing to this planet only adds to or expands upon our understanding of the nature of divinity, instead of taking away anything from it.

Could I please therefore offer this topic (God is Energy) up for your discussion and mutually respectful to everyone on Mystic Board debate?

Above all do you believe that God is an abstract energy, a personal and separate entity, or BOTH?

Or something else not included above?

Namaste,

Brian :smt017
Last edited by eye_of_tiger on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goofy

Post by Goofy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:13 am

Interesting perspective Brian, is God an energy source, a source that created everything in existence?

Everything that exists vibrates, if it vibrates, it's therefore some kind of energy, this also means God, even God being just a thought process is energy as all thought processes are energy. So in  one way or another, God is a source of  energy but is this God the source of all creation.

Because energy can never be destroyed and even created, only influenced to take on a certain energy flows/vibrational frequencies, we would presume that God didn't create everything within existence. We ourselves don't create energy, we manipulate an already existing energy to usually become more aggressive/powerful, does this God energy do the same?

There is no such thing as creating anything, even this much more aware God conscientiousness doesn't create, it manipulates or more precisely, designs an existing energy to react in a certain way. Being that everything is of this Gods energy source, all what God is doing is reforming it's own energy to react in a certain way and for each energy flow to react to other deigned energy flows. Being that this God's consciousness is of the infinite, the energy flows this God consciousnesses can design is endless.

However, in our case, using the word creation makes more sense to us as creation relates to a starting and ending point, finite existence.

So did this God consciousness create everything? Absolutely......there is truly only one consciousness, however within the finite, there are many.....the abstract is really of the idea of many consciousnesses rather than one consciousness.
“There is nothing mystical about the unknown only the known, so if you are questioned about your beliefs in mysticism just say it’s only mystical to you as you not the understanding of something more than you believe!!!”.....Love Mathew

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:53 am

Goofy,

Your ideas about these matters are very consistent with my own, but I prefer to wait and give other members an opportunity to also contribute to this discussion, before going into any more detail with my answer.

I hope that you will understand my reasons for doing so, and that no personal offence is intended either to yourself or to anyone else who responds in the meantime, by my loud silence.

Take care,

Brian  :smt002

Goofy

Post by Goofy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:57 am

I'm cool and I understand completely, each perspective and perception has it's merits.
“There is nothing mystical about the unknown only the known, so if you are questioned about your beliefs in mysticism just say it’s only mystical to you as you not the understanding of something more than you believe!!!”.....Love Mathew

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:02 am

This is an interesting point of discussion.  I have often wondered, if energy can not be created or destroyed what happens to the immense amounts of energy it takes to power the human body when they pass?

Also many of my spiritual dreams tend to link the Divine, energy and consciousness.

All these people disagreeing with each other about the nature of the universe, when the inside joke is that they may be simply disagreeing about the name of the thing that defines the nature of the universe.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

The Universe is the ultimate recycling plant

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:40 am

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, but it is constantly being changed into or recycled as completely different forms of energy.

The human body has to take in and use large amounts of energy of various forms to stay alive, but it is simultaneously emitting energy into its surroundings and to other people and their bodies. We are all equal parts of the energy web of life

When we pass over into Spirit the slower moving and denser energies which inhabited and supported our physical vehicle are converted into other forms of energy, which vibrate at a much higher frequency. Your consciousness leaves your physical body, and associates itself instead with your spiritual body of Light.

Note that when you are alive your physical body and spiritual body coexist with each other, which is why I suppose that you can use the senses of your spiritual body when working psychically.  

The Universe is the ultimate recycling plant. Nothing is ever wasted.

Matter and energy are one and the same thing, and can be converted to each other.

Whatever energy goes out ultimately comes back, but often in a different form and rate of vibration.

http://www.chemteam.info/Thermochem/Law ... nergy.html

If only it was that simple.
All these people disagreeing with each other about the nature of the universe, when the inside joke is that they may be simply disagreeing about the name of the thing that defines the nature of the universe.
I could not agree more with those sentiments. It always reminds me of the story of the elephant and the blind men.

http://www.jainworld.com/literature/story25.htm

Brian :smt002  :smt002  

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:22 am

This is not a new concept. Shakti in the Shiva-Shakti dyad in Hinduism is also known as Aadi Para Shakti i.e. primordial cosmic energy and Shiva is the consciousness that observes the plays(vibrations/rhythms) of this energy.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakti

Relationship with Shiva and Shakti is like that between the eye of the storm and the storm itself.  Shiva is noumenon and Shakti is phenomenon.

[Link approved]

Return to “Spirituality”