What does Spirituality mean to you?

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Mlady Raka

Post by Mlady Raka » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:03 am

A wonderful poem coming from a deeply sensitive soul, and hidden in the words truth and Wisdom beyond normal understanding.....

Truly lovely,  thank you for sharing this with us Rohini,

love and rainbows

Raka

Mlady Raka

Post by Mlady Raka » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:05 am

Suzisco runs a forum called Poetry and Literature, and I think she would love you to add some of your material there Rohini...

They are truly a blessing

love and rainbows

Raka

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:34 am

Thanks sweetheart but did I tell you that my keyboard has been a hostage to my soul? :-(

Much appreciated though, dear friend.

sincerely,

Rose Petal

[quote="Mlady Raka"]A wonderful poem coming from a deeply sensitive soul, and hidden in the words truth and Wisdom beyond normal understanding.....

Truly lovely,  thank you for sharing this with us Rohini,

love and rainbows

Raka[/quote]

vitaloo

mmmmmmmmmm very interesting

Post by vitaloo » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:36 am

:smt017  This is an interesting question and even more interesting to read the replies.  I think spirituality is the Peace you find within yourself
which you get from a greater power or God or whatever you believe in.
I know that for me just to sit and read a book that baosts of some kind of religious connotation and/or prayer gives me a spiritual relaxation which I can't find anywhere else.

Lynne

Rohiniranjan

Re: mmmmmmmmmm very interesting

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:33 am

I gently envy you, dear friend, and admire you for the poise you have displayed so beautifully to us in your posting. Such poise is gained only after one becomes familiar with their path and such familiarity comes only from having travelled the same road before many many times.

RR

[quote="vitaloo"]:smt017  This is an interesting question and even more interesting to read the replies.  I think spirituality is the Peace you find within yourself
which you get from a greater power or God or whatever you believe in.
I know that for me just to sit and read a book that baosts of some kind of religious connotation and/or prayer gives me a spiritual relaxation which I can't find anywhere else.

Lynne[/quote]

Blugoddess

Spiritualality to me!

Post by Blugoddess » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:16 am

Spiritulality to me is the inner journey that one must take if they are to truly learn from their lifetime. A journey to identify, seek, and manipulate ones self to transform to ones own will and have faith that they are on their true path.

theancient_dr

Post by theancient_dr » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:00 pm

Hello all---------

Spirituality----
are there are as many definitions as there are spirits?
To paraphrase some of the Edgar Cayce philosophy--
--------the Uncreated Creator imagined all things
---is a part of all things
----------then within each and all things
----------------the Uncreated Creator resides.
Thus, is the plan for the divine spirit carried within each and all things?

peace and love-------

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:51 pm

I agree, dear Dr. that nearly all of us are Delusions of the Creator and in a few cases -- Hallucinations!

But none of us are NIGHTMARES

because THE CREATOR NEVER SLEEPS!

RR

[quote="theancient_dr"]Hello all---------

Spirituality----
are there are as many definitions as there are spirits?
To paraphrase some of the Edgar Cayce philosophy--
--------the Uncreated Creator imagined all things
---is a part of all things
----------then within each and all things
----------------the Uncreated Creator resides.
Thus, is the plan for the divine spirit carried within each and all things?

peace and love-------[/quote]

mysticangel

Post by mysticangel » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:48 am

I must say that this is a very good question and most interesting to read thus far....

I want to say first of all that I love the boy and the dead cat!  It was very cute and you don't know how much that it does describe what the topic at hand really is, or one of the explanations I might say...

this is what my meaning of spirituality for me is~~

...there are so many ways to interpret what Spirituality is..it really depends on one's perception and what one is doing to obtain and maintain their spirituality in this lifetime.  Our purpose here is for us all to learn more about what life is, how we should live it, what death really is, and how can we evolve to return back to God later.  

Spirituality is all about the spirit of one person...the soul's growth in learning and loving of oneself, one being, one mind.  Some would explain it as knowing how to connect with God and will recieve many who will challenge that.  But in reality, it is just that and it wasn't or hasn't been explain in terms that everyone can understand it fully.  Everything that has been said about spirituality this far is everything that points to the connection to God.  Everything is what God wants us to learn while we are here to love others, love of oneself, being one with our higher power, become "one" with the Universe.  All of this is how we learn to become one with God.  It is the pathway of our journey to understanding how to get back to God and a record of our soul's accomplishments along the way.  

Spirit - one's soul (the self, conscious mind, becoming "one" with God, the "I AM" presence)       uality - reality            

The learning of who we are in spirit as one with God, and have been said that "God lives in you as you."  To learn the real reality of what life is.  To evolve fully through to finish the circle of life and through learning is the only way for us to be able to evolve around the "circle of life," once 1 circle is complete we only find another one to overcome and learn this "circle of life" and so on and so on....and 1 circle can be learned at a time, and all the things we learn will be etched within our spirituality to show how many steps we have already taken towards perfection.

angel

MoonGoddess

Such a profound question

Post by MoonGoddess » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:22 am

Religion is only a tool for spirituality, so if you are not religious is does not necessarily mean that you are not spiritual.

I believe that spirituality is different for each person  as we are none of us the same.  The belief in something greater then ourselves, more then just relality, other plains of existance.  That there is more to life then this, the one thing that keeps us going.

Had really good thing to say but got distracted and now I have gone blank...lol brain like a sieve these days

Rohiniranjan

Re: Such a profound question

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:41 pm

I have seen many very religious people who are anything but spiritual, I am afraid!

RR

[quote="MoonGoddess"]Religion is only a tool for spirituality, so if you are not religious is does not necessarily mean that you are not spiritual.

I believe that spirituality is different for each person  as we are none of us the same.  The belief in something greater then ourselves, more then just relality, other plains of existance.  That there is more to life then this, the one thing that keeps us going.

Had really good thing to say but got distracted and now I have gone blank...lol brain like a sieve these days[/quote]

MoonGoddess

me too!

Post by MoonGoddess » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:54 am

I have seen many very religious people who are anything but spiritual, I am afraid!

RR
I have to, I think those are the people who have forgotten the basic what it is all about and have been bogged down with all the confusing imformation of what a good person is, but those people who are religious and spiritual it some how makes their faith stronger if that makes any sense to you.

MG  (lol that looks like a car)

Rohiniranjan

Re: me too!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:18 am

[quote="MoonGoddess"][quote]I have seen many very religious people who are anything but spiritual, I am afraid!

RR
[/quote]

I have to, I think those are the people who have forgotten the basic what it is all about and have been bogged down with all the confusing imformation of what a good person is, but those people who are religious and spiritual it some how makes their faith stronger if that makes any sense to you.

MG  (lol that looks like a car)[/quote]

AWWW! I always wanted one of those little beauties :-)

The car, THE CAR! SHEESH!!

RR

MoonGoddess

Mmm nice car

Post by MoonGoddess » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:08 am

Yeah one of those sporty little convertables, not the MGB but the other one painted racing car green.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Such a profound question

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:02 am

Your candour/honesty is only surpassed by the beauty of your soul!

OR AM I JUST BEING REDUNDANT? ;-)

RR

[quote="MoonGoddess"]...
Had really good thing to say but got distracted and now I have gone blank...lol brain like a sieve these days[/quote]

Return to “Spirituality”