What is real

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

God's creation? or Big-bang's creation?

God's
71%
Big-bang's
29%

Total votes: 17

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:42 pm

Rhutobello if only you were right with:
'Most of us define God as a Force, and not necessary the way any Human or  a "holly book" '
No they don't, to them god is a living being and we are made in his image, have you ever walked round and looked at people and thought - you are the image of god?
Some saggy boozer with 10 kids all kicking screaming and swearing - please if this is god no wonder I'm not convinced.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:35 am

[quote="Prof. Akers"]Rhutobello if only you were right with:
'Most of us define God as a Force, and not necessary the way any Human or  a "holly book" '
No they don't, to them god is a living being and we are made in his image, have you ever walked round and looked at people and thought - you are the image of god?
Some saggy boozer with 10 kids all kicking screaming and swearing - please if this is god no wonder I'm not convinced.[/quote]

Herr Professor!

Would you say that Divinity is skin deep? What you see is what you get it? Do we (the collective 'we') get it??

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:37 am

[quote="Rhutobello"]Yep, we might agree upon that, but for those who really believe, their book are as real as Stephen Hawkings books....and since  SH then show himself as "non believer"
he will not know the "real truth", which of course is Adam and Eva :)

BTW for all those who haven't read SH, I will recommend it, I will also recommend Bill Bryson "A short history of nearly everything" and Kenneth C Davis "I don't know so much about Mythology" and "I don't know so much about Universe", all are easy and popular reads, and food for thought :)[/quote]

Grandpa,

If you get a chance, and if you have not already read it, take a look at: Talbot's Mysticism and the New Physics. U'll love it!

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:21 am

Beauty is both in the eye of the beholder and skin deep, I've never met anyone close to divine.
I've met comitted people of all religions but divinity no!
I met a couple of the gurus in the 70s who came to Europe, were they divine? Not by a long way, were they impressive? Certainly but only as impressive as I am now, yes I know the tricks and the cos they use and I can replicate them does this make me divine? NO WAY.
It's all smoke and mirrors and shadows, I've trained with some world reknown martial artists and the same thing applies, people are so easy to con; this desire we have to believe ------ to believe anything.
Get sceptical, remain unconviced if someone is really as good as they say they are then they'll prove it beyond all doubt.

avaiyak

Dear siknsinful

Post by avaiyak » Fri May 02, 2008 11:23 am

I believe in death.  I am able to see death.  I believe that death stalks us throughout our lives.  It is our friend.  it warns us of different things. listen to your death.  It will give you very sound advice if you listen to it!

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sat May 03, 2008 12:32 pm

avaiyak do you mean death as an entity, as an extant being who searched for us?

Return to “Spirituality”