Religious Or Spiritual?

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

DreamDancer

Re: Religious Or Spiritual?

Post by DreamDancer » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:14 am

I share your thoughts....I am pure energy, spark of the Divine, that we are each a spark of the Divine

Dream Dancer

JewelOfTheSouth wrote:Many years ago several things occured to me. 1. I didn't have to be religious to be a spiritual person. 2. No religion has the complete truth. 3. Religion is man made. 4. We create our own reality. 5. Spiritual people find their way with help not from a middle person, but by spirit and spiritual experiences. This was life changing for me. Many have told me over the years that I can't be both, that I must choose or fail a certain religion. (No Names Here) However, I chose to reach deep and connect as fully as I would allow with my inner self, and negate any religious beliefs for what I knew to be true in my reality. My reality is that we are all energy. Pure, beautiful energy, and that we create those things we feel we need at the time. So another journey began, where I would create my spiritual path with the knowledge that I am part of the light universe. I am connected to all that is, was and will be, and that I in part help to make up the fibers of the light universe with everyone else. We are all connected, all is relative. So, in my view, they are very, very different. What are your thoughts on the subject? Please be kind, everyone is peacefully entitled to their own opinions.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie
~*~To be true to others, we must first be true to themselves~*~

dhav

Post by dhav » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:58 pm

This thread is more suited to be in spirituality forum.so I am transferring it there.Enjoy ;-)
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

daemonestdeusinversus

Post by daemonestdeusinversus » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:10 pm

I think religion implies regularity of devotion to a deity ,and spirituality coming to your  own realizations and living according to them.
Insanity in individuals is something rare, - but in groups , parties nations and epochs it is the rule.

Alijay

Post by Alijay » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:58 pm

suzisco wrote:
There is no such thing as an athiest when your dying.

Suzi
explain please, why?
Tree hugging- Dirt Worshipper
/|\ Its a Druid thing /|\

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:04 pm

My boss says that when you are dying you need to believe that you are going to heaven etc to make your death easier to bear, it takes real strength of personality to believe to your dying breath that you are going to stop exisiting and there is nothing once you shut your eyes and take your final breath.

If you are a spiritual or religious person reading this, imagine if you have no belief system and you are dying, once your gone thats it.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

manosland

Spirituality or relegion. BOTH

Post by manosland » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:28 am

I think my example will give you some answers.

I am from Greece. Greece is a very religius country. When we are born, we HAVE TO be vaptised Christian Orthodox we want it or not.

So what comes up is: I believe more in spirituality than religion. When I was 20 I used to go to church a lot. But after so many years I saw that relegion (the way they want us to believe) is far away from what realy is.

Both religion and spirituality believe in the divine. Both they talk about Angels. Both they have rituals. Both believe in Gods.Both believe to achieve the highest level of your souls.

Please allow yourselves to believe in both in different ways.

Have a blessed day.

ollieowl

Post by ollieowl » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:47 am

spiritalk wrote:
ollieowl wrote:There is one GOD we just call (him/her it) by different names

And remember all the scripts that were written so long ago and have translated so many time
we  now have so many religion saying they are best
where did it all start
I don't believe I said 'the best' nor did I hear that judgement from others on religion.  The point is there are many so that all the diverse human traits can be satisfied in their community.

One thing I do know...religions are a community of fellowship.

I did not say you said and I was not making a judgement
you should live your life the best you can
treat all other  as you would like to treated
with love and kindness

ollieowl

Post by ollieowl » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:01 am

suzisco wrote:My boss says that when you are dying you need to believe that you are going to heaven etc to make your death easier to bear, it takes real strength of personality to believe to your dying breath that you are going to stop exisiting and there is nothing once you shut your eyes and take your final breath.

If you are a spiritual or religious person reading this, imagine if you have no belief system and you are dying, once your gone that's it.
I never was or have been a spiritual or religious person never had a fear of  death
but I have a accident died left my body went down the tunnel was sent back
and I'm still not a spiritual or religious person
but now I know it's not the end ?

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:33 am

Hi Ollieowl,

Some people would say that the tunnel you saw would be as a result of hypoxia which allows us to hallucinate.

I have been clinically dead a couple of times and had to be brought back and yet I experienced nothing, when i recovered it was like i had been nowhere, there was nothing between me arresting and me opening my eyes.  I think it goes to show that we don't know what is beyond the land of the living.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

sheryl

Spiritual or religious?

Post by sheryl » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:30 am

It is very interesting reading others take on this burning question.
It is like everything in life - we all have a different perspective.
Me - i am a " cafeteria catholic" I take what I need from the religion while living a spiritual life. I do not believe I have to go to church to be religious and I do not believe that if I am spiritual I can not be religious.
I have found I am more comfortable with spiritual as it lets me decide for myself. I do feel religion has alot to answer for, in saying that we have to realise that religion is a manmade state - look at the "spanish Inquisition" if you want an example - and just as an aside were you aware the spanish inquisition finally was done away with only in the 1950's.
Life is all about choices - sometimes we make the right choice and sometimes a wrong one - luckily we can decide.

And like anything - this is my opinion and mine alone.

ollieowl

Post by ollieowl » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:59 am

suzisco wrote:Hi Ollieowl,

Some people would say that the tunnel you saw would be as a result of hypoxia which allows us to hallucinate.

I have been clinically dead a couple of times and had to be brought back and yet I experienced nothing, when i recovered it was like i had been nowhere, there was nothing between me arresting and me opening my eyes.  I think it goes to show that we don't know what is beyond the land of the living.
very very true
I also know it was not a hallucination
but I will not elaborate any further
with love and kindness

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:16 pm

ollieowl ...i`ve always been fascinated by those experiences...and have only read a lot on the subject...just wanted you to know that ... I believe you..
Peace

ollieowl

Post by ollieowl » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:59 am

TheAlchemist wrote:ollieowl ...i`ve always been fascinated by those experiences...and have only read a lot on the subject...just wanted you to know that ... I believe you..

I thank thee for your believe's
with love and kindness

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:13 pm

peace my friend...I think it`s always important to follow your own soul....

as a child I could see things in my future...only to be told by others that its not real....very confusing for a kid....as someone else must be smarter and wiser.....i still see the future as i did as a child...but now i know to listen to my own soul and not be deterred by what others tell me what is fact or fiction
Peace

ollieowl

Post by ollieowl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:09 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:peace my friend...I think it`s always important to follow your own soul....
I am at peace with my self and the world
I myself use to till very recently was able to see the auras around people
then I fell ill and it ll stop but I never told folk as they said I was  see thing
I did tell one lady her chest near her heart look strange
she went saw doctor she had a hole in her heart
the doc wanted to know how she new she did not tell him
with love and kindness

Return to “Spirituality”