empathy Help please

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

chrisdee

empathy Help please

Post by chrisdee » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:27 pm

I am a emotional ,ocaisionally physical and intellectual empathic the trouble is my emotional empathy is to much ,so much so that when I'm closed i feel for people in need ,i automatically open although I'm unaware I'm open and before i know it I'm drained is there any way i can stop this from happening :smt010

MBMurphy99

Post by MBMurphy99 » Tue May 01, 2007 6:08 pm

.Try seeing yourself in a mirrored protection aura like a shield.  Take it as a permanent shield never to be removed.

This shield will let the wonderful loving emotions penatraite so you can enjoy and share them with other.

The fear based emotions will be bounced off.  The shield can help remove these emotions from others and bounce them off or it can just protect you while you work with them.

Empathy is a wonderful gift, but it must be protected and channelled or it just takes you over and drives you nuts.  This is expecially true of depression.

Inside your mirrored shield keep strong the pink and green colors of love.

TobyzMama

Post by TobyzMama » Thu May 03, 2007 2:19 am

hi chrisdee!

i often struggle with the same challenge.  i have to force myself to NOT take on others' problems as my own... although i always want to. : (  when they hurt i hurt.  i have to continuously remind myself that i have my own pain to deal with, my own life to live, etc.  although it's not easy, and sometimes i get weighed down by the impact of someone else's emotions.  prayer and journaling about how I FEEL about what they're going thru, and how I FEEL about me focusing so much on their life vs my life, is a big help for me.

cheryl

Delphina

Post by Delphina » Thu May 03, 2007 11:28 pm

This is hard... but try to practice this at all times.  Something like learning from others mistakes. ;-)

Think of others' problems in a third person aspect.  As though you are reading it in a book, or watching a movie.  
This way you will be able to see the forest for the trees.

I have found that if I don't do this I end up taking on part of their Karma as my own.  And trust me .... this can be costly; mentally, emotionally, physically and financially!

If you find yourself stepping in too close, step back and find your path.  Help others without hindering yourself.

Delphina

LibB

Post by LibB » Fri May 04, 2007 1:29 am

Hi chrisdee, I've had the same problem all my life. When I moved to Broadmeadows, I used to scream my head off at managers for being disgraceful towards their customers. The amount of negative energy in the whole complex was disgraceful and yes I picked up on it. There were so many managers complaining about me that I became a focus at there meetings. There were also my favourite shops and favourite sales people who knew I was a loving and kind person.  If they ever saw video footage of me at the shops, all they saw was a lady (who didn't look the best at the time) but did look after and help other customers, was always honest and usually happy to see people. However the negative energy that I lashed out at them was their Karma, 10 fold of what they were giving out to others. My main problem with these shopkeepers was that they had salespeople and and temp managers who were given no right to think for themselves or act. One good example is I was buying my mum a present for her Birthday, I was with my son who was three at the time.
We happened to walk past a gift shop which had a beautiful Love heart keyring, so I went in to have a look to see how much it was. I was on a very small budget (we had already spent about $50 on Mum). The price on the stand said $2.95 for everything on the stand with a particular name. I grabbed one and took it to the counter, the lady there told me it was $9.95. So we had an argument and I asked to see the Manager. She told me the manager wasn't there and there was nothing she could do about it. When I get angry, I get angry I don't swear I just yell out the truth for all to here. Anyway I was told the Manager would be back in the afternoon. I went home and was thinking I had been hard done by after all the keyring was going to be a special gift from her 1yo and 3yo grandsons and was perfect for them to give her. So yes I went back to the shop and saw the manager who refused to give me the keyring for the advertised price on the stand. So I had an argument with him about how uncaring he is and that he is falsely advertising something, which is illegal here. He told me to get out of his shop and I refused so he sent for security. The security guys came and asked me what was going on so I told them what had happened. I had been sitting outside waiting for them. I got up from the seat outside the shop and said to security I wasn't going into the shop but wanted to show him something. I went to the outside of the front door to the shop and said to him "have a look! There is the keyring how much does it say it is? He said $2.95" I said to him exactly! When you get to this shop you look in and see the keyring (which was at the bottom) and then look to see if there is a price there, at the top of the stand you see $2.95. That is what it is advertised as, you can agree with that can't you? He said "yes" and agreed it was false advertising and that it is illegal. He went in to tell the manager who still didn't want to sell it for the price advertised. I had been there the second time for more than 1/2 hour and the security said there was nothing they could do. So I said to the manager I could take him to court for false advertising. I was about to leave in tears and he changed his mind he would sell it to me at the advertised price. I will let you know I am a blessing in disguise. All they needed to do was give me the keyring at the advertised price (their mistake not mine) and they would have received a blessing 10 fold of the love in my heart. They chose not to and because of this ended up enduring my rage of bad advertising and not caring for their customers. Everyone at the shopping center heard every word I had said which was the truth. My Mum still has here keyring and loves it so much, it has here grandsons pictures in it. So anyway I have this problem also. I am not that out of control of myself now thankfully. But that time was when I was extremly sensitive to negative energy. I soak up others negative energy and it gets replaced with my loving and happy energy and I always forget to think what is going on to be able to cleanse myself. I used to think it was me but now I know it isn't. I am just a vacuum cleaner and yes it is hard to take people thinking I'm crazy when they are only seeing themselves through me. Use the mirrors of protection. If you need to make a note and put it in your pocket or purse. When you have these experiences remember to cleanse yourself spiritually and ask your angels to transmute any negative energy into positive energy. Ask Archangel Michael to cut all negative cords attached to you and then put your mirrors up. You don't need to feel alone now and you have ways of overcoming this.
Libby

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat May 12, 2007 4:23 pm

Oh Chris, I hope we have helped already, I just saw this post, how are you coping and feeling now?

numerouno11

Post by numerouno11 » Tue May 15, 2007 8:09 pm

Hi.  I'm new here and i'm also an empath so the advice you gave really helped me too.  thanks. :smt006

LibB

Post by LibB » Mon May 21, 2007 2:09 am

numerouno11 wrote:Hi.  I'm new here and i'm also an empath so the advice you gave really helped me too.  thanks. :smt006
numerouno11, On behalf of all of us Thankyou. Welcome to mystic board and if you need help you know where to find us now. I'm sure you will be able to help others also.
Love and light to you LibB

Chrisdee... How are you. I do hope we've been of some help. Sorry if my story is a bit long winded and that is only one story! LOL.
Love and Light to you also.
LibB

Return to “Spirituality”