Ignorance...looking for honest explanations

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Flame haired one

Ignorance...looking for honest explanations

Post by Flame haired one » Fri May 25, 2007 11:45 pm

I have little knowledge concerning many religions.  If anyone here practices these, would you be willing to spend a few moments to tell me about yours/knowledge of them?
Many of them seem to be interlacing and I am confused, would like help, please.  Trying to gain a more 'worldly view' of all we offer to others.

Tree of Life
Neopagan
Pagan & Earth-based (many I have seen listed)
Sikhism
Wicca
Jainism
Gypsies
Spiritism

*this is not an all-inclusive listing.... :)

Thank you for your time.
It is the eye of ignorance that assigns a fixed and unchangeable color to every object; beware of this stumbling block.

tengypsies

Ignorance----looking for explanations

Post by tengypsies » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:54 pm

The Tree of Life is an important symbol in nearly every culture.  It's branches dwell within 3 worlds: Heaven, Earth and the Underworld.  The are united.  It is both a feminine symbol as well as masculine.  Feminine for sustenance (fruit) and male as a phallic symbol which stands for procreation.  The Tree also symbolizes Resurrection.  The aspect of the Tree is of a giver of gifts and of spiritual wisdom (Sophia).  The Tree represents the abode of the Gods/Goddesses in Heaven.  The Gods/Goddesses as co-creators created by a Supreme Being that is omnipotent.

Neopagan religions like Druidism, Wiccan, Goddess Worship, Asatru deals with customs and tradition.  Most neopagan religions are reconstructions of ancient pagan beliefs that have been abandoned due to Christianity.
Druids believe in reincarnation and of Gods/Goddesses that are Co-Creators.  There are 3 specialities of Druidism: The Bards who are keepers of tradition - the memory of the tribe - who have trained for at least 12 years, The Ovates who worked with the processes of death and regeneration.  They specialized in divination, conversing with their ancestors using necromancy, and prophesizing the future.  Druids and Druidesses formed the professional class in society.  They performed functions as priests, priestesses, teachers, ambassadors, astronomers, genealogists, philosophers, musicians, theologians, scientists, poets and judges.  Often training for at least 20 years. They worshipped over 300 local deities (ancestors) as well as 33 Gods & Goddesses.  Some famous ones are: Arawn, Brigid, Cernunnos, Cerridwen, Danu (mine - lol), Herne, Lugh (another one of mine - lol), Morgan, Rhiannon & Taranis.  Many Celtic deities were worshipped as trinities.  The triple Goddesses were portrayed as sisters.  They believed that their dead were transported to the Otherworld (afterlife) by the God, Bile.  They believed that their soul was immortal.  That the soul reincarnations but the spirit remains Otherworldly.  They believed that after a person learned enough on this level being 3 dimensional, they moved on to another higher realm (such as 4th dimensional ascending up the Crown of Creation) to the "Source" or Supreme Deity who created the Gods & Goddesses.

Wiccan which is the Craft of the Wise which is one that defines themselves as pagan, that they follow an earthly/nature religion that sees divine manifestation in all creation.  The cycles of nature are their holy days and the earth (Gaia) is their temple.  Worshipping the Feminine Divine (Mother Goddess) and the Masculine Divine (Father God).  

Hopes that this helps at least in some of the areas that you were looking in.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Brightest Blessings,

Gypsy
:smt004

gsryoga

Post by gsryoga » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:15 pm

Sometimes my friend, It is best to not understand philosophies, but rather practice meditation and tools that will lead you to your heart, where all the true wisdom is!
"Imagine there's no countries. It isn't hard to do. Nothing to kill or die for, or no religion too. Imagine all the people, living life in peace."

.......John Lennon

Return to “Spirituality”