Can I expect some visions from God to know that I am in the right path?

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dattaswami

Post by dattaswami » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:57 pm

Ans. Visions are miracles done by God to rectify the defective students. Visions are not necessary for the souls of perfect spiritual level. Krishna never showed the cosmic vision(Vishwarupam) to Gopikas, who were the perfect sages. He showed this vision to sage Udanka who was rectified permanently. Again He showed this vision to Arjuna who was  rectified temporarily upto the 18th day of war. On that last day, Arjuna refused to get down from the chariot for the sake of his prestige before the soldiers even though Krishna ordered him to do so. Again Krishna showed the same vision to Kauravas, who did not change at all. Jesus told that the devotees who believe without proof are really blessed. Hence miracles like Visions are not important at all in the case of real devotees.
ANIL ANTONY

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:18 pm

"Expect"?  One's highest purpose is never realized by having expectations of anyone or anything--this only sets one up for disappointment, resentment.

That said, in my experience, the flashiest manifestations--visions, overt miracles,  and so forth--came years ago, when I was an apprentice shaman and perhaps required that sort of thing as validation and motivation.

Verily is it written,"You can't always get what you want--but you get what you need."

dattaswami

Post by dattaswami » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:42 am

Greyfox wrote:"Expect"?  One's highest purpose is never realized by having expectations of anyone or anything--this only sets one up for disappointment, resentment.

That said, in my experience, the flashiest manifestations--visions, overt miracles,  and so forth--came years ago, when I was an apprentice shaman and perhaps required that sort of thing as validation and motivation.

Verily is it written,"You can't always get what you want--but you get what you need."
God is the Lord for both Pravrutti (Obeying justice) and Nivrutti (Loving Service to Lord). If the Lord is not pleased in Pravrutti you cannot please Him in Nivrutti also. The fundamental requirement to please the Lord in Pravrutti is to have satisfaction at every step. The contentment with whatever you have will always please the Lord. You must be happy with whatever is already given to you by the Lord and you must always thank for the past. You should not put your eye on the present or the future and put an application to the Lord. Even if you have travelled from one place to other place you must thank the Lord for having protected you during the journey. You have reached the destiny only by the grace of the Lord. It is not sure that one will reach the destiny by a bus or train or aeroplane.

If any accident takes place you are gone forever. Everybody is under the influence of strong ignorance and thinks that he has reached the destiny by his effort. Some people think that reaching the destiny does not need any effort and it is just a routine thing. Therefore, either you feel egoistic for your effort or you neglect the journey as a routine matter, which does not require any effort. Both these are illusions. You have reached the destiny by the grace of the Lord only. Therefore, in every stage you must remember the Lord and express gratefulness to Him. By such behaviour the Lord becomes immensely pleased and is encouraged to do every thing for you. Jesus always used to thank the Lord in every small work also. He always thanked the Lord for the past and never was worried about the present or the future. He thanked the Lord for the four breads already given. He never was worried about the thousands of visitors who came to see Him and they were feeling hungry. He never planned about the future consequence of such situation.

The Lord was extensively pleased and multiplied the four breads into thousands of breads. Therefore, contentment with what already you have and thanking the Lord for whatever was already given will please the Lord. You must thank the Lord even for every respiration because it is only by the will and grace of the Lord the lungs are working and the air is going in and coming out of the lungs. The heart beats and every beat is only by the graceful sanction of the Lord. I find several people who crave for money every time irrespective of what ever they had. They never attain the satisfaction at any stage of the growth of their financial strength. God becomes displeased with such people and will not grant further wealth because the fellow will never get satisfaction. There is no use of granting any amount of wealth because the fellow is never satisfied. When the satisfaction is absent he will not thank the Lord with full heart. Even if he thanks, it is only for the future sanction.

Therefore, if you really wish to have the grace of the Lord to remove your present financial crisis and poverty, the first step you have to take is to have satisfaction and complete contentment with whatever you already have. You plan with the existing funds and adjust yourself accordingly. If you have the will to adjust you can adjust to any quantity of wealth. When the adjustment is done, you will have the full satisfaction. Then if you pray the Lord you will not ask for any thing more because you are already satisfied. In such case your prayer is not for the fulfilment of any desire. Your prayer requires the Lord Himself and not any thing other than the Lord. Your prayer will be in His praise only and not for any desire because you had the full contentment already. Then the Lord gets real pleasure from you and will force His grace on you continuously. He will rain wealth on you forever. The wealth will be multi-dimensional. Wealth does not mean simply cash. Wealth means health, good children, good appetite for food and good digestion, good sleep, perfect peace, and success in every effort, continuous courage, knowledge and finally the salvation.

Goddess Lakshmi is in eight forms and one form is only cash (Dhana Lakshmi). Therefore, if you really wish to get rid of the eight forms of poverty from your life and if you really wish for the eight forms of wealth, the only qualification you have to attain is the full contentment with whatever you have already. Gita says the same (Nitya Truptah…..). Sankara was in such a state. When He praised Goddess Lakshmi, she rained golden fruits. He did not take even one fruit from that heap. He desired for Goddess Lakshmi and for Her grace, but He never desired for the fruit of Her grace. He derived bliss from praying Her and from Her constant grace. The gold rained by Her does not give bliss. It gives only tension and worry. It creates dissatisfaction always. It destroys the contentment.

If you have ten gold coins you will aspire for one hundred. After getting hundred you will aspire for thousand. There is no end for this. You will never achieve the contentment and you will be in the stream of dissatisfaction till the death. Therefore, if you touch the beginning of this chain, this infinite chain of wealth carries you away. If you do not touch it you are always having the contentment. Sankara told that the poor fellow is always fortunate (Koupinavantah Khalu Bhagyavantah). Sankara also told that the money would lead to misery of dissatisfaction only (Arthamanartham…).
ANIL ANTONY

surbhit

vision from god

Post by surbhit » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:02 pm

hi guys
      i would like to participate in this discussion.visions from god;this still exists in this modern era.even i use to get visions from the super power called godddd.so many times i use to get visions like some body is in critical position & sudenly i get vision that if i wanna do somethig for that person then i've to do some particular things on behalf of that person .believe me as soon as i performs those actions that person is saved.even u guys can do such things the only thing u have to do is believe in god believe in humanity& have courage to do some social activities for humanity with ur fine heart & beleive me then only u can know that this is the only fine art of living with the visions from the god. :smt006

dattaswami

Re: vision from god

Post by dattaswami » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:33 pm

surbhit wrote:hi guys
      i would like to participate in this discussion.visions from god;this still exists in this modern era.even i use to get visions from the super power called godddd.so many times i use to get visions like some body is in critical position & sudenly i get vision that if i wanna do somethig for that person then i've to do some particular things on behalf of that person .believe me as soon as i performs those actions that person is saved.even u guys can do such things the only thing u have to do is believe in god believe in humanity& have courage to do some social activities for humanity with ur fine heart & beleive me then only u can know that this is the only fine art of living with the visions from the god. :smt006
When Asuras perform miracles, it is infact Paramatma(God) only performing through those bodies. Ex. Light glows because of electricity passing through the wire but not because of the wire itself. But, Asuras feel as if they have performed the miracles, sidelining the greatness of Him. Because of this ego, they get destroyed. Even Parasurama, after killing many Kshatriyas felt that I have done this and hence, was defeated by Sri Rama. But Sri Rama was never egoistic.

Hanuman had shown many Astha Siddhis, but he always felt Paramatma only showed those. Hence, he was always victorious. Even, he won the battle against Sri Rama also. One day, Thandu Maharshi was cutting grass. A handful of vibhooti fell from his hands. He got filled with ecstacy and felt I have created vibhooti. Immediately, Lord Siva appeared in front of him and created vibhooti of the size of hill. Then, Thandu fell at Shiva’s feet. The difference between ‘Sri Rama defeating Parasurama’ and ‘Sri Rama getting defeated by Hanuman’ is very subtle and who ever understands this is a Jnani. Shirdi Sai also followed the path shown by Hanuman (I am always servant to Lord). One day even when it is raining, he sat a step lower than the place where Hanuman idol was located. So he was also victorious and earned fame. But, thinking of the fame and victory, one should not act like a servant to Lord.

Devotees worshipping Hanuman and such like avataras should always feel them as Paramatma. Why because, they are wires though which Paramatma is manifested. When an electric wire is touched anywhere, one will experience a shock. Hence, there exists Advaita relationship between the wire and electricity passing through that wire. Also, electricity cannot be touched without a wire. This is the tattva underlying in an incarnation. Ordinary wires and the wires through which current is flowing resemble same. Similarly when bodies of Sri Rama and Krishna are seen, devotees should not feel them as ordinary human beings.

The water of river Yamuna is blue coloured. This colour indicates ‘Tamas’ and Mahimas are required by Ajnanis, who are basically Tamas predominant. Hence, the book is named MAHIMA YAMUNA.  Devotees should always look for Jnana and Bhakti and should not be after miracles or Astha Siddhis.

When Krishna had shown many Astha Siddhis & did a high level of teaching, but still Duryodhana etc. did not believe Him. When He has shown VISWA ROOPAM also, they all felt is as a magic. This implies, until and unless Jeeva shows interest, the effort put by Paramatma is becoming futile. This interest shown by Jeeva is the first step in His direction. Then He in turn moves hundred steps in your direction. But if He Himself moves first step in Jeeva’s direction, Jeeva does not believe Him. Jeeva neglects & subject Him to disgrace also.

When astha siddhis are performed, excitement and fear will be induced, but not true love and happiness towards Paramatma. Worshipping Lord thinking that He will save in last moments is worse. Worshipping without expecting anything and with the devotion, induced by Jnana is of the highest order and survives in all conditions. For this Bhakti only, He will melt down. Actually Jnana is the root cause and Bhakti is the proceed of Jnana.

When Paramatma removes the ill fate of a devotee when requested (generally we pray God when we fell ill or when facing hardships etc. for coming out of them), He is shifting to the next birth. There he has to suffer the ill fate with interest on that.  But for great devotee (who want Him only & nothing else in true sense), He Himself will suffer for them. This is not acceptable to devotees who have gone through this Jnana-Bhakti path. They want to suffer for themselves their bad fate.The Tejas incorporated in Sun, Moon, Stars etc. is no way comparable with the Tejas of Paramatma. Hence Jnanis feel that the creation of the whole universe is a Maha Siddhi. And hence, they do not ask for Siddhis anymore.
ANIL ANTONY

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:43 pm

Why do you never reply to what is written. Instead you seem to put more and more of your literature? Life isn't a riddle.

dattaswami

Post by dattaswami » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:33 am

sidewalk_bends wrote:Why do you never reply to what is written. Instead you seem to put more and more of your literature? Life isn't a riddle.
Lord comes in human form in every human generation to preach and uplift the human soul. It is the duty of you to identify Him. Miracles are not alone the identity mark of Lord, but the true divine knowledge. Divine knowledge is the only proof of Lord. Miracles also He do, but not for show or crowd pulling.
ANIL ANTONY

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:38 am

Mindless dribble. You care more about being seen than actually helping.

Return to “Spirituality”