Can teenagers also learn spiritualism? does age matter?

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

WernerOne

Can teenagers also learn spiritualism? does age matter?

Post by WernerOne » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:26 am

hello, im just wondering if age matters for spiritualism.  will it be harder/easier to learn? are their certain capabilites that a teenager can not learn? tc.

sorry, ive been asking alot of questions, most of them are still unresolved, is just that i am new to the forums and would like to know more. :D thanx in advanced.

PaganPriest

Post by PaganPriest » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:58 am

Why would age be a great concern? I think that maturity may be more relevant. Spititualism takes practice, it takes learning, it takes dedication. Anyone who is willing to live a life of spiritualism can, regardless of age. But it isn't easy.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:24 am

i guess age shouldnt matter at all:)
you will pretty mature people here who may just be kids to others.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:09 pm

When we are
20:  We are very materialistic and seeking a good job/career to make our fortune.  Our relationships are blossoming and this takes time and effort.

30:  We solidify all the knowledge we have up to this point and become a bit dogmatic in our approach to others.  We are right - you are wrong certainly reins here.

40:  We realize how little we know and how important it is to our soul to make our mark.  We make new starts in all things - work, play, family, friends, etc.

50:  A very growing time in our new direction.  But this time the approach is so much more open minded.  

60:  We are expected to retire materially.  This merely opens the creative juices to produce so much more.  Many writers, poets, painters, scientists, etc. have found their calling while not being distracted by their careers.

70/80/90:  A quiet time of contemplation.  If we share with the younger generations, we have found a place to use what we have learned through trial and error of a lifetime of spirituality.

As a leader in a Spiritualism (religion, philosophy, science) I find that putting a lot of energy and psychic/mediumship training into people too young to stick to it is an exercise in futility.  I have recently found myself thinking - give me the interested seekers from the 40s.  

There is never a time that the spirituality of the individual is not learning and growing.  And of course, these were generalizations based on industrial research with my thoughts added.

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:34 pm

I say go for it!

If anything, I'd say the earlier the better. But in all honesty, it's probably more of an individual thing. Bottom line: if you feel some kind of calling or have an interest, then go for it! (You're here, aren't you?)

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:08 am

spiritalk wrote:When we are
20:  We are very materialistic and seeking a good job/career to make our fortune.  Our relationships are blossoming and this takes time and effort.

30:  We solidify all the knowledge we have up to this point and become a bit dogmatic in our approach to others.  We are right - you are wrong certainly reins here.

40:  We realize how little we know and how important it is to our soul to make our mark.  We make new starts in all things - work, play, family, friends, etc.

50:  A very growing time in our new direction.  But this time the approach is so much more open minded.  

60:  We are expected to retire materially.  This merely opens the creative juices to produce so much more.  Many writers, poets, painters, scientists, etc. have found their calling while not being distracted by their careers.

70/80/90:  A quiet time of contemplation.  If we share with the younger generations, we have found a place to use what we have learned through trial and error of a lifetime of spirituality.

As a leader in a Spiritualism (religion, philosophy, science) I find that putting a lot of energy and psychic/mediumship training into people too young to stick to it is an exercise in futility.  I have recently found myself thinking - give me the interested seekers from the 40s.  

There is never a time that the spirituality of the individual is not learning and growing.  And of course, these were generalizations based on industrial research with my thoughts added.
That sounds fatalistic and a bit naive.

sidewalk_bends

Re: Can teenagers also learn spiritualism? does age matter?

Post by sidewalk_bends » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:13 am

WernerOne wrote:hello, im just wondering if age matters for spiritualism.  will it be harder/easier to learn? are their certain capabilites that a teenager can not learn? tc.

sorry, ive been asking alot of questions, most of them are still unresolved, is just that i am new to the forums and would like to know more. :D thanx in advanced.
Nah..age shouldn't matter. It's just cycles around the moon anyway. And btw, it's not about abilities. It's not even about the things you know.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:59 pm

Just realistic from experience!

All lessons are open to everyone willing to participate in the group.  I do not exclude anyone.  Merely pointed out what has been from experience - we try, try, try, again.

litldarlin

Age is just a number

Post by litldarlin » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:33 pm

Age is just a number... and most woment keep theirs unlisted!
My oldest son is 25 now and he was just starting high school when he came to me and explain alot about wicca and tantra and tarot stuff. Although I still have no clue. He did however grow up around his paternal grandmother who can read tarot and do other stuff - I don't know the names of everything. She can tell what dreams mean and all that. Back to the point he was 13-14 years old and knew more about it than most people and so can you.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:52 pm

"Nah..age shouldn't matter. It's just cycles around the moon anyway.

J:  Certainly not my experiences!

And btw, it's not about abilities. It's not even about the things you know."

J:  Knowledge is power!  The more you know, the less you fear the unknown.  It is about abilities.  It is about talents.  It is not a gift given to some and not others.  Anyone is capable - they have to be open to experience the 'more' in the  universe and practice to hone their own personal skills.

Age does not matter - the reason I gave the whole identification of age was to outline that - we have focuses that change as we age.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:35 pm

spiritalk wrote:"Nah..age shouldn't matter. It's just cycles around the moon anyway.

J:  Certainly not my experiences!

And btw, it's not about abilities. It's not even about the things you know."

Experience is one thing, age is another. Knowledge is one thing, wisdom is another.

J:  Knowledge is power!  The more you know, the less you fear the unknown.  It is about abilities.  It is about talents.  It is not a gift given to some and not others.  Anyone is capable - they have to be open to experience the 'more' in the  universe and practice to hone their own personal skills.

Power is an illusion. And we all know that saying about power. If everyone is capable, how is it about abilities? Would make me feel it is about much more than that. It's like the starting gates are open, but no one is moving.

Age does not matter - the reason I gave the whole identification of age was to outline that - we have focuses that change as we age.

Thanks for the clarification.

Elder Yoda

Post by Elder Yoda » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:40 pm

I know kids that are 16 that are more mature than people in there 40's. That's how people learn is to experiment, try new things. Age is no indication of a persons ability to learn new things. If you want to do it ....do it. If in the end you decide thats what you want to do then you"ll be ahead of the game.
Blessed Be and good luck in your endeavors.

Betrayed

Post by Betrayed » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:43 pm

I just wonder how is it that you guys manage to find the time and devotion to learn it.

I got into astrology(well, the "scientific-deviant" kind) when I was 15, observed people, read a little, recorded a bit of stuff I found out myself... Then very briefly got myself into Palmistry.... Now everything sort of died, because in college everyone sort of becomes the same, although I can still see the links. I dunno, I've got what the book calls elementary/earth hands, and I haven't  been reading as a kid, so it gets quite difficult to understand anything even though its already in my first language(and my mind strays off too much into a world filled with purple bunnies). XD... Maybe that's why.

Now I'm just spamming the General Discussion board. XD...

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:42 pm

Betrayed wrote:I just wonder how is it that you guys manage to find the time and devotion to learn it.

I got into astrology(well, the "scientific-deviant" kind) when I was 15, observed people, read a little, recorded a bit of stuff I found out myself... Then very briefly got myself into Palmistry.... Now everything sort of died, because in college everyone sort of becomes the same, although I can still see the links. I dunno, I've got what the book calls elementary/earth hands, and I haven't  been reading as a kid, so it gets quite difficult to understand anything even though its already in my first language(and my mind strays off too much into a world filled with purple bunnies). XD... Maybe that's why.

Now I'm just spamming the General Discussion board. XD...
I had that same struggle in college - to be like everyone else, or to figure out who I was. It took me well past college to be who I am. I think you just got to live life, experience it. Slowly you figure out the things that are right for you.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:58 pm

Power is an illusion. And we all know that saying about power. If everyone is capable, how is it about abilities? Would make me feel it is about much more than that. It's like the starting gates are open, but no one is moving.

Have you ever met someone who had the strongest and most vivid dreams and visions and then dismissed it as not for them?  My mother lived her life that way.  She would not acknowledge her own abilities.  It only takes acknowledging we have something that needs to be trained.  As a talent (music comes to mind - even a concert pianist has a teacher for the basic fingering) we can get a teacher for the basics and then practice to hone our own abilities.

Return to “Spirituality”