Self-Love

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

kgirlsmomma

Self-Love

Post by kgirlsmomma » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:23 pm

Do you know the definition and/or importance of self-love?

ksri10

Do you know the definition and/or importance of self-love?

Post by ksri10 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:16 pm

Definition of 'self-love" as far as spirituality is concerned can be termed as self esteem, love for one's spirit/soul. And this type of love is essential for sincere pursuit in spirituality.
Self love minus spirituality can be termed as conceitedness, vanity etc.
Unless one has self esteem there will be lack of confidence to start the spiritual journey.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:49 pm

Who needs a self? Self love (self consciousness ) is the first thing that will upset our completeness of life in God and always produces struggle. Beware of circumstances and others that divide our oneness with God and causes us see ourselves as separate. Nothing is as important to keep right spiritually.

acaveyogi

Post by acaveyogi » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:37 am

lighting strikes twice wrote:Who needs a self? Self love (self consciousness ) is the first thing that will upset our completeness of life in God and always produces struggle. Beware of circumstances and others that divide our oneness with God and causes us see ourselves as separate. Nothing is as important to keep right spiritually.
Lighting :)

Are you one of those "self realization people?" It is a yogi thing if you know about yogi things and I am at war with those folks.

"Mod SUZI :) " Lighting and I are not in conflict :) Ok :) !? He is a good person and I am just interested in what he has to say :) He is running some knowledge that is pretty right up there!

I hate to curse you with this Lighting, but I think that you and I are going to be friends :) !  You can't get around that "Lady" in the other topic walking away :) , Sorry Suzi :) it is a guy thing!

Love you Lighting!

john :)

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:57 pm

acaveyogi wrote:
lighting strikes twice wrote:Who needs a self? Self love (self consciousness ) is the first thing that will upset our completeness of life in God and always produces struggle. Beware of circumstances and others that divide our oneness with God and causes us see ourselves as separate. Nothing is as important to keep right spiritually.
Lighting :)

Are you one of those "self realization people?" It is a yogi thing if you know about yogi things and I am at war with those folks.

"Mod SUZI :) " Lighting and I are not in conflict :) Ok :) !? He is a good person and I am just interested in what he has to say :) He is running some knowledge that is pretty right up there!

I hate to curse you with this Lighting, but I think that you and I are going to be friends :) !  You can't get around that "Lady" in the other topic walking away :) , Sorry Suzi :) it is a guy thing!

Love you Lighting!

john :)

When the foreground becomes the background and the background becomes the foreground can we transcend the lady. Let it also be so with us!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

acaveyogi

Post by acaveyogi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:41 am

Just for the record Lighting :) what you posted above is real wisdom.

But some folks feel that "we" are God waking up as God. And that "self" gets in the way of that but it is still called "Self Realization". And then there are others of us that feel that "oneness with God" creates a reality where we as the "adopted children of God" can recieve our heritage. But we are not God. And that "self" can be a problem with recieving one's heritage, also. Only God can teach you about God and generally speaking "Self" does get in the way.

Jesus  was not teaching "Self Realization" (as some eastern yogis claim :) ), He was teaching God Realization". And He incouraged others to study as a mystic under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, not under some "Guru". :)

Anywho Lighting, that is pretty much my world. And over fifty years of study.

Love you!

john

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:24 am

acaveyogi wrote:

But some folks feel that "we" are God waking up as God. And that "self" gets in the way of that but it is still called "Self Realization". And then there are others of us that feel that "oneness with God" creates a reality where we as the "adopted children of God" can recieve our heritage. But we are not God. And that "self" can be a problem with recieving one's heritage, also. Only God can teach you about God and generally speaking "Self" does get in the way.

Jesus  was not teaching "Self Realization" (as some eastern yogis claim :) ), He was teaching God Realization". And He incouraged others to study as a mystic under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, not under some "Guru". :)

Love you!

john

Have you accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal saviour?

I hope your okay John? We can speak of being purified by hell? Or, we can share are experience of God consciousness. We can talk about the struggle in coming back? Maybe we can talk about the paradoxes?

Love you John

acaveyogi

Post by acaveyogi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:56 am

lighting strikes twice wrote:
acaveyogi wrote:

Love you!

john

Have you accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal saviour?

I hope your okay John? We can speak of being purified by hell? Or, we can share are experience of God consciousness. We can talk about the struggle in coming back? Maybe we can talk about the paradoxes?

Love you John
Lighting we can talk about all of those things. No problema! I love talking about them! They are my life!

"Have you accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal saviour?"

Oh yes :) and He is also my personal rep. in Heaven. And I am baptized by immersion. And I am a called lay minister who is legally ordained (Rev. John Scott). I am also the worlds greatest living mystic (that is not immortal). But anyway Lighting, none of that matters. "Worry not what you will say, the Holy Spirit will speak through you." :) in the end the proof is in the "pudding". It just is.

"We can speak of being purified by hell?" "Cleansed in the flames of the Holy Spirit." Lightening this has nothing to do with "Hell". It has to do with true salvation (atleast relative to ascension). You are placing in peoples minds that Satan is necessary in their lives. The "purified" is explaining to one that Satan is not necessary in their life. The pain is that we are addicted to Satan. The fires of the the Holy Spirit cure us of this addiction.

You are running an old program Lighing, and it is time for a change. I would venture a guess that the Holy Spirit is not talking through you. Prove me wrong.

Love,

john

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:49 am

Greetings! I see God has given you much to be grateful for and I am happy for you. A lesson in humility, we should Glorify God for all He has given, seen and unseen! I can see, where my statement about hell could be taken literally rather than symbolic. Job of the bible said,"I HAVE HEARD OF THEE THROUGH THE HEARING OF THE EAR BUT NOW MINE EYE SEETH THEE AND I ABHOR MYSELF!" The kind of hell you feel when you stand naked in the Light and all your uglyness is revealed!!! Without this internal fire (friction) there would be NO transformation. As far as the old program is concerned, we must keep in mind that there is nothing new under the sun.

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

acaveyogi

Post by acaveyogi » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:12 am

lighting strikes twice wrote:Greetings! I see God has given you much to be grateful for and I am happy for you. A lesson in humility, we should Glorify God for all He has given, seen and unseen! I can see, where my statement about hell could be taken literally rather than symbolic. Job of the bible said,"I HAVE HEARD OF THEE THROUGH THE HEARING OF THE EAR BUT NOW MINE EYE SEETH THEE AND I ABHOR MYSELF!" The kind of hell you feel when you stand naked in the Light and all your uglyness is revealed!!! Without this internal fire (friction) there would be NO transformation. As far as the old program is concerned, we must keep in mind that there is nothing new under the sun.

Lighting, that was well said and well done :) ! I like you, not that it matters. :) am looking forward to your second strike!

You are loved!

john

Management, there are too many really cool people on this messageboard! That just ain't normal! :)

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Return to “Spirituality”