Trials?

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

lighting strikes twice

Trials?

Post by lighting strikes twice » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:15 pm

I have always been taught that in every trial I may encounter I am meant to learn something! Is this true?

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:59 pm

I think it's true. It seems the trials also get harder and harder the farther you go or maybe that's just my perception.

4lyfe

Post by 4lyfe » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:22 pm

How do we know if we are passing the trials, when they just seem to keep getting more difficult?

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:22 pm

We might consider that the opposite may be true? That is, trials are not meant to teach us something but encountered to unlearn something. When trials are at our door step we are closer to that which we seek. Trials help us to simplify our belief until we have a childlike relationship with our universe.

wisdomseeker12

I speak from experience...

Post by wisdomseeker12 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:44 pm

Trials vary....from small to "your worst fears" realized.....
I feel that trials are meant to twist/mold you into who or where you should be going, and that hardest trials are the ones that define your life. I agree with LightningStrikesTwice, most trials make you question or unlearn unhealthy attitudes you may feel or have, and unless you quit the trial does not end. For some people trials never end because they never change. For some very special people trials reshape their life, but they ususally hit the lowest of lows before this happens. It is very true; "what does not kill us only makes us stronger?"....When you feel weak tell yourself...."I will not lose!"....and go forward. Churchill said it best...."If you are going through Hell....Keep going!"

lighting strikes twice

Re: I speak from experience...

Post by lighting strikes twice » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:07 am

wisdomseeker12 wrote:Trials vary....from small to "your worst fears" realized.....
I feel that trials are meant to twist/mold you into who or where you should be going, and that hardest trials are the ones that define your life. I agree with LightningStrikesTwice, most trials make you question or unlearn unhealthy attitudes you may feel or have, and unless you quit the trial does not end. For some people trials never end because they never change. For some very special people trials reshape their life, but they ususally hit the lowest of lows before this happens. It is very true; "what does not kill us only makes us stronger?"....When you feel weak tell yourself...."I will not lose!"....and go forward. Churchill said it best...."If you are going through Hell....Keep going!"

Hi Wisdom seeker.   :)

wisdomseeker12

HI...

Post by wisdomseeker12 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:20 am

Hi....=)

Return to “Spirituality”