The Lord said that if one is always associated with His service, He will take care of both the world

Spiritual mysticism for mystics and magical topics of any kind.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dattaswami

The Lord said that if one is always associated with His service, He will take care of both the world

Post by dattaswami » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:09 pm

The Lord said that if one is always associated with His service, He will take care of both the worlds

It is sheer foolishness to think that the worldly affairs get spoiled if you are involved in devotion. You are thinking that God can help you only in the upper world. You have forgotten that He is the Lord of the both the worlds. His help to you in the upper world is sure if you are helped here. If you are not helped here, you will not be helped in the upper world also. If He is furious, you are neither helped here nor there. If He is pleased, you are helped here as well as there. Tyagaraja was completely devoted to God. He had one daughter and she attained the age for marriage. He was not having a single paisa. He was not worried about the crisis. God appeared before a rich devotee who has a good son. The Lord ordered Him to go to Tyagaraja to get his son married with the daughter of Tyagaraja.

God also ordered him to perform the marriage with his money only. Everything went on well as per wish of the Lord. If God is pleased with you, even the cause of the stress is removed. But in Atma Yoga, such possibility is ruled out because the self has no trace of super power. Everything and every body in this world is on the finger tips of the Lord. The works which are giving lot of stress to you will be done either with your little effort or even without effort. Tyagaraja did not apply even a trace of the effort in the case of the marriage of his daughter. Even if you put hectic effort, you cannot change even a trace of the fruit of your deeds. Therefore, Nivrutti (God) is not against to Pravrutti (Self). Instead, Nivrutti includes Pravrutti. The Lord said that if one is always associated with His service, He will take care of both the worlds (Yoga Kshemam Vahaamyaham…Gita). The welfare in the upper world is called as Yoga and welfare in this world is called Kshema.

Molissa

Post by Molissa » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:53 am

I'm not sure I understand.  but then I've never thought my worldly activities would be spoiled by my devotion to God.
then again, I don't think God takes a hand in every single action in my life.  Some problems I manage to create and have to deal with.  Some problems others create and again I have to deal.  But always I have God to lean on, to take comfort, ask for help.
that's just me and my life.

dattaswami

God is never unkind- He is kind or neutral only.

Post by dattaswami » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:45 am

Molissa wrote:I'm not sure I understand.  but then I've never thought my worldly activities would be spoiled by my devotion to God.
then again, I don't think God takes a hand in every single action in my life.  Some problems I manage to create and have to deal with.  Some problems others create and again I have to deal.  But always I have God to lean on, to take comfort, ask for help.
that's just me and my life.
God is never unkind- He is kind or neutral only.

People are dieing day and night to earn wealth always.  They worship God intensively for earning wealth more and more and there is no end to this.  The anxiety for wealth can be compared to the anxiety of a person to come out of the water when he is drowned in a lake by force.  God has arranged for the basic needs of every soul even for an atheist.  Even the human Government is arranging the basic needs for criminals in the prison and how can one doubt about the divine Government in this?  

The desire for wealth is never satisfied and in fact it grows more and more as the wealth comes.  The fire grows more and more as the ghee is poured in it (Na Kamah…).  I will tell you a small incident of one of My childhood-friends.  He suffered with sever poverty and all his efforts failed in earning money.  He did several worships of God but they were of no use. The silence of God here is to be properly understood. God knows that addition of ghee in fire in that case will not solve the problem.  One day he went to the Railway Station at 3 pm to commit suicide by falling down before the train.  

On that day, I awoke very early and went to station under the pretext of morning walk. I met him there and started giving spiritual knowledge regarding the wealth and God.  I sang several devotional songs to change his mind and asked him to sing a few songs daily.  

I told him “Your worldly life is ruined and there is no hope of revival.  At least try to win in the spiritual life.  People who commit suicide will go to hell and they have ruined not only the worldly life but also the spiritual life”.

I washed his brain and he came to a decision of building up the spiritual life leaving all the materialistic efforts to earn wealth etc.  Generally people misunderstand Me in this point.  They think that I have ruined that fellow completely in the worldly life.  You know what happened in that case.  Within a couple of years he became the richest man in the town through some accidental business. But he forgot Me and also left the entire spiritual life.

He started singing the same songs with a different aim to grow his wealth more and more.  Recently I met him and advised him about the change in his aim etc. I asked him to do some practical service to God by participating in the propagation of the divine knowledge by doing at least a little sacrifice of the fruit of work.  You know the result!  He stopped coming to My house.

Previously he was coming to My house expressing his gratefulness to Me before My family.  In no time, just by single will, I can bring him back to his original position.  But I thought of not doing like that because in such case he will certainly commit suicide by the shock of the turn.  Let him continue in that state without further materialistic progress so that he will not be spoiled more, I thought.  There may be a hope of his turn before the end of his life.  If he does not turn, anyway he will go to the same hell that he wanted to reach previously through the suicide. God is never unkind.  He will be either kind or neutral to His devotees.  

His heart is a gate without doors (Dwaraka). Dwaraka means the gate, which is always opened acting as the passage continuously.  Any one can enter at any time and they will be honored with divine love from God.  Any one in the heart of God is free to go out at anytime and God is never unkind to him and God becomes just neutral by withdrawing the love to him.  There is no question of anger of God on the devotees even if they insult Him.    

Further reading go to:
Divine Disourse Volume No-1, Vol -2 Vol-3 Vol No-4   Vol No-5, VolNo-6, Vol No-7, Vol No-8 , Vol No-9 Vol No-10  Mahima-Yamuna--Divine-Miracles , Parabrahma_Sutras

Return to “Spirituality”